“Nice and cheap stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Kissimmee/Orlando/Maingate

You added Super 8 Kissimmee/Orlando/Maingate to your Saves list
Super 8 Kissimmee/Orlando/Maingate
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5875 W Irlo Bronson Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #25 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Sao Paulo, SP
“Nice and cheap stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

Hi, I'm from Brazil and I stayed there in March 2010, during my vacation in Orlando. The room was clean and very comfortable and the place has decent amenities, such as free WiFi, free parking, microwave/fridge and the continental breakfast, which is simple but satisfactory.
Not to mention it's conveniently located nearby most of the attractions.
Highly recommended for travelers looking for a nice and cheap place to stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Hudson Valley NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

I had read the reviews before booking and assumed we could handle the noise from the Publix nearby. The supermarket ENTRANCE is across a parking lot from this hotel, but the back of the store is just a couple yards from the "courtyard" rooms. It's much closer than the reviews made it sound.

The delivery trucks come at all times of the night and early morning. There are also stores and restaurants extremely close which seemed to have frequent garbage pickup. These trucks all have those loud backing warning sounds which penetrate the rooms even more than the banging and other noises.

Normally we drown out noise with the a/c or fan, but that was as bad as the trucks if not worse. I have never stayed in a motel with such a loud a/c unit. We couldn't sleep with it on, not even just with the fan blowing.

I am sure that staying poolside is a completely different experience. Pay the extra money for a room on that side if you plan to stay here.

The staff was great. The room was large and modern. The breakfast wasn't worth the trip to the office, but the Publix had plenty of variety and there was a Denny's a couple yards in front of the motel.

The pool wasn't open when we did want to use it. A sign said it was closed due to wet paint. That was disappointing but didn't spoil our stay.

The location of the motel was great. It was a short easy drive to Sea World, Magic Kingdom, and Downtown Disney.

I'd say everything in the other reviews is accurate, but I didn't realize the noise on the courtyard side would spoil our stay. After a full day in a park, we needed a good night's sleep, and we did not have that at the Super 8 because of the noise from outside and from the a/c unit.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Lady Lake, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

Parking was well lighted, Rooms were extremely modern. (2) Queen Beds, granite countertop, micro, refrig Flat screen TV. Clean & odor free. Comfortable beds, staff very accomodating. Staff was more than leasant and helpful. Did all they could to accomodate our group of 14 making the stay at this hotel a great one. The price was more than fair & well worth it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Sarasota/Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Stayed here March 28-April 3. I booked based on other reviews on TripAdvisor and AAA and wasn't disappointed. Nothing fancy, but clean, safe and convenient to the convention I was attending. Wi-fi was good and there was a simple breakfast provided (not the most nutritious, but it was helpful and welcome each morning). A/C was a little loud, as once the trucks coming in one evening to the business next door, but over all, I was very please with my stay. Staff was friendly and helpful and I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

Based on other TripAdvisor reviews, I booked this hotel while visiting nearby theme parks, and was very pleased. I booked 3 rooms for 3 days - 8 people total. Nothing fancy, but excellent value.

Pros: Clean, reasonably well kept, new furniture, TV & carpets, quiet room (except for AirCon), fast WiFi, comfortable beds, close to theme parks, located close to many restaurants, everything works, friendly check-in service.

Cons: Noisy AirCon, swimming pool in dead middle of parking lot (really!)

Manager let me park my 17' trailer in the parking lot at no extra cost.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

We came into Kissimmee for one night stay and this is one of the nicest hotels. Very modern very clean very nice staff. We had to stay another night so we came back to Super 8

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Cromwell, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

Let me start with the positives.
1. The hotel is situated in a decent location. We traveled to Sea World and Disney Magic Kingdom and Downtown from here - and the location is convenient. In the same compound they have Bennigans and Dennys, and a large Publix supermarket. There is also a Walgreens outlet within walking distance.
2. The room was large.
3. The room is obviuosly refurbished and looks good with nice furniture. Had a large flat screen LCD TV.

Now the negatives:
1. The heater was erratic. It was COLD in Orlando when we stayed there - temperature varied between 30s and 50s throughout the day. And the first night the heater hardly worked. We did not have any problems from the next day onwards though.
2. The towels provided were worn out and some of them were stained.
3. They charge you $1/day for a safe in the room. While I feel that is accepted, it is unethical not to mention that upfront at the time of reservation . I was surprised but still accepted the charge thinking that I could use the same to store our passports and the laptop, which we originally did not plan to. However, the safe did not work. I mentioned this at the time of check-out to the person at the desk. However he still charged me for the safe saying that I should have called him up when it did not work. How much time should I spend on something which I had not even wanted? I found this entire thing very immoral and unacceptable. At just for a dollar a day, I call it "Penny wise pound foolosh".
4. This can be considered as my own fault. Room on the second floor, no elevator, lots of luggage. I had a hard time taking the suitcases up and down.
5. Breakfast was very basic. Coffee, Juice, Milk and cheerios, bread and danish.
6. The swimming pool is a joke for the size of the hotel. While we were there, there was no scope of using it, though.

However, looking at the location, size of room and cleanliness, I would still recommend this to my fellow travelers.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Kissimmee/Orlando/Maingate? Share your experiences!