“Great price, great location and amazing refurbished rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Kissimmee/Orlando/Maingate

You added Super 8 Kissimmee/Orlando/Maingate to your Saves list
Super 8 Kissimmee/Orlando/Maingate
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5875 W Irlo Bronson Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #27 of 159 Hotels in Kissimmee
Ft. Lauderdale
“Great price, great location and amazing refurbished rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Travel frequently to visit my daughter on our days and she lives in Kissimmee. We have stayed in numerous motels/hotels and resorts while we have visitation. This hotel is amazingly remodeled and up to date. Conveniently located to Old Town, Disney and all shops and restaurants. The front desk gal and the General Mgr were amazing with there customer service and there appreciation that I was there guest and they were there to serve what we may need. The price we received on Hotel website and the whole overall experience was great. Great Job

Room Tip: Its off the main boulevard and is only two floors, so convenient to vehicle and walking distance to...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Sunrise
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

need more choices for breakfast items but over all the stay was nice only there for 1 day but staff very friendly

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Aarau, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great motel with new and clean rooms, close to attractions, across Old Town. Breakfast is OK but simple (wld be nice to have some fruits and/or cheese). Friendly hotel staff. We liked the Boston Lobster Feast - only a few blocks away.

Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Rooms are a little dated but clean. Pool is small but also clean. The people were very nice and helpful. I stayed here years ago on a business trip and decided to stay here again when the hotel I originally booked in Orlando turned out to be a dump. We have two separate rooms for less than the price of the worlds smallest suite. I'll be back.

Princeton, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I vacillated on even offering a review of this hotel. I don't like giving negative reviews, even those that are deserved. As far as room setup, it is what I expected. Bathroom needs quite a bit of work, however. Although the beds are not as uncomfortable as I have experienced, I did see a flea on my leg during my first night which should NEVER EVER happen.

The hotel staff was decent, although they did request to come in our room and snake the toilet even though it was not stopped up.

The rating did not have a 2.5 which is what I wanted to give this below average spot. Also, many other reviews are quite accurate. There are very few channels and the cable is a bit spotty. However, it is in a great location which is close to most area attractions (within about a 10 minute drive)

The hotel was also quite noisy, as there were many children here. We traveled with a child as well, but not one who ran up and down the halls on a regular basis. Hotel staff should be more cognizant of this.

My suggestion: if you will be staying only a short time it would probably do. However, if you will be staying in the area longer spend the money on a bit better hotel.

Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We got in late after a day at Sea World. The lobby attendant had no personality, so I think it is because it is so late. When I went down to the desk the next day because we were almost out of toilet paper and completely out of tissues, I found it wasn't the time of night. She really has a very bland demeanor. We didn't try the breakfast due to the reviews on here. The room was....different. Mod type furniture which I am not sure is even in style anymore. The room was VERY warm and took several hours to cool down. The toilet was loose from the floor and there were signs of wear and tear in the shower area. Our room door stuck when you opened it or closed it. The outside had a lot of trash laying around. The stairs to the 2nd floor had something spilled on them that had been there for awhile. The condition of the grounds made me do a very thorough inspection of the inside of the room. The pool water didn't look very well maintained. There are some washing machines and dryers that sort of sit in a covered outdoor balcony...just out in the open. The only redeeming quality would be the location. It is close to a lot of attractions. I would have to say that if I go back to the area, I most likely will find a different hotel. Just felt sort of sleazy!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Kissimmee/Orlando/Maingate? Share your experiences!