“very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Kissimmee/Orlando/Maingate

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Kissimmee/Orlando/Maingate to your Saves list
Super 8 Kissimmee/Orlando/Maingate
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5875 W Irlo Bronson Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #26 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
New Orleans, Louisiana
“very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

This was a nice hotel. I am surprised Super 8 had such a quality hotel. Great place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

431 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

I came down for the Super 8 Regional training conference. I paid 103 bucks for two nights. The rooms were very clean and conatined a flat screened television, micro/fridge, and a safe. Their matresses are WONDERFUL, I hardly wanted to get out of the bed! Thier pool was very clean.All staff including housekeeping that I encountered were very pleasant people. I definitely will be back!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Petal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

I read lots of reviews on this site and others before plopping down my prepaid room fees. We stayed May 18-21. The two weekday nights were $38, weekends were $42 for prepaid rooms. We got to the area early, and were hoping for an early check in, but the lady at the desk said check in was at 3pm and there would be a fee if we checked in early. I'm not paying $10 for a few extra hours for check in, so we went and looked in the crappy shops in the area while we waited. A quick side note, Kissimmee has really gone downhill since I stayed in the area about 10 years ago.
We requested a nonsmoking room, and got our keys. There was a non smoking sign on the door, but when we entered, the smell of smoke hit us hard. I got on the phone and asked if they had a non smoking room that hadn't been smoked in. The lady at the desk said 'no problem, I'll be there in just a second with keys to another room'. I walked out and she was walking up the sidewalk to the room next door. The room next door didn't smell like smoke at all, so, we were happy.
We stayed in room 129, which is DIRECTLY across the fence from Publix back dock. I'd read reports from people about the noise. I don't live in a home where you can hear traffic. The traffic from Publix was only heard once or twice, and that was well after I was already awake. The sound from the A/C unit drowns out anything. Just keep the unit's fan running and you won't be able to hear much at all. It might bother you in the afternoon, but if you're getting this room, chances are you're going to WDW, and you need to be up at 6am anyhow to get ready for a great day!
The cleanliness of the room could have been better. All fixtures in our room were new and modern. However, someone needs to take a bottle of bleach and vinegar to the tub area. The showerheads are caked with calcium from florida's hard water. The bottom of the tub was dirty stained looking. But, it was $38/night, so, what am I gonna expect? We just bought some alcohol and sprayed the area down well and were happy.
The breakfast is stupid. It's just prepackaged snack cakes and coffee and juice and cereal. We ate it twice. They have a sign that says please to not take items outside of lobby, but we just stuffed our pockets and took it back to the room. I don't wanna eat in the hotel lobby.
We didn't let the maid in the whole time we were there, so I can't comment on that. The front desk readily gave us towels without question and I got change there to leave for the maid upon departure. Both interactions were positive.
All in all, the room was okay. It was a fantastic deal and close to WDW. The beds were comfortable and they had true queen sized beds, not double beds. This is important to people who are used to sleeping in a king.
I'd much rather stay on property, but for a third of the price, I'd stay here again. Give it a shot. If you don't like it, you don't have to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
New Castle, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

This Super 8 is the closest to Walt Disney World's "Maingate"; it's also directly behind a Publix (it's a 2-minute walk), in the same parking lot as a Denny's, and across the street from Old Town. My kids and I stayed here April 25-May 1, 2011. We used the Lynx bus system to take us to and from Disney every day. One bus stop is in front of the hotel (The other across the street) and it took us right to the Ticket & Transportation Center (Link #56). Buses run every 30 minutes (from 6 a.m-11:30 p.m.) and cost $2 per person (not the $1 stated on the Super 8 website), one way. There is a small pool (with a restroom & soda machine) in the parking lot (enclosed by a tall fence, with a handful of plastic deck chairs), as well as washers, dryers, and an ice machine on the second floor. Washing costs $2 per load, drying $1.50. Breakfast consisted of muffins, toast, pastries, coffee, juice, cereal, milk, but if you walk across the parking lot to Sizzlin Grill (on the other side of Denny's), you can get a good all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet for $3.99 per person. We ate there several times! The rooms are standard issue, but very clean, and the beds are comfortable, and the a/c unit was easy to manage; it was also nice to have a microwave and fridge in the room. The maid service was very honest and thorough, and even folded my kids' pajamas and put their stuffed animals on the pillows! The front-desk staff was friendly and never had a problem with my asking for quarters for the washer/dryer (you can also purchase sodas or laundry supplies from them for $1 each) or when I needed extra cups or $1s for the bus. If looking for cheap Florida souvenirs, there are two places between Sizzlin Grill and a McDonalds, all located on the same side as this hotel. Despite the close proximity of the highway and the supermarket, it was very quiet in the courtyard area; requesting a room on that side made a difference. We will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Would definatley stay here again. Rooms were recently renovated and are very clean and nice. Lots to do in the area, close to Disney. Really couldn't have asked for more for the price.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

Booked into another Super 8 near International Drive, but when we got there it was scruffy and dirty so we cancelled it and drove to Kissimmee. Called in here by chance and so glad we did, what a nice place. The room was spotless and beautifully refurbished, comfy bed and nice staff. Very impressed by the design of the furnishings, high spec materials everywhere. There were plug sockets just where you need them, there's a safe provided and the linens were good. The bathroom isn't up to the standard of the main room, but it's really clean and that's the main thing. Pool is quite large with 4 or 5 loungers, plus shaded table/chairs. Location is great, opposite Old Town and very close to a Dennys. I'd certainly stay again, would have no problem spending a week here instead of a regular hotel. All in all, a great couple of nights.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Pleasanton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

Stayed here for a week back in Feb around President's Day. Felt like we got a great deal through Expedia (use those Expedia coupons out there!) and the location was wonderful. From the airport, we were able to take a bus to the Disney Transportation Center and then another bus that let us out across the street from the Super 8.

Rooms were fine. We really liked that there was a microwave and a fridge in the room, made for a great way to keep some evening snacks/dinner without going out to eat. We didn't really care for the safe fee charge. Breakfast included some packaged bagels and small muffins and some cereal, but it was good enough for us. One of the biggest draws of this hotel was that the city bus stopped right in front of it. A quick walk to the bus stop and 15 minutes later, we were at the Disney transportation center. This was great for us as we didn't rent a car and realized that it would have been a waste of money if we had. Very convenient to get to Disneyworld with the city bus at 2 bucks each way. However, if you want to get to Universal, you will probably need to take a taxi or rent a car.

We were on the side of the hotel with the Publix and the trucks did start their deliveries around 5AM or so. If you are a light sleeper, I do not recommend this side. I'd say I'm a medium sleeper and when they slammed their truck doors, it woke me up. However, the location and value couldn't be beat and we will be back.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Kissimmee/Orlando/Maingate? Share your experiences!