My husband had a buying show at the Gaylord Palms from September 16-21. Before we arrived we thought we might like a room in the Key West section of the hotel but once we got there and checked around we asked for one in the Everglades section and we are really glad we did. The Everglades section of the atrium is very restful with waterfall sounds and piped in cricket and bird noises. The restaurant in that area of the atrium, The Old Hickory steakhouse, is very calm with no entertainment. The Key West section is loud with Sunset Sam's restaurant entertainment and there is a piano bar that you can hear in the St. Augustine and Emerald Bay areas of the atrium. So, if you want a quieter room, definitely ask for one in the Everglades atrium area.
We are die-hard Disney fans but we really liked this hotel. The ambiance in the atrium is great and the convention facilities are top-notch. The staff is friendly and very accomodating. The South Beach pool is very nice - there are plenty of chairs and towels and it is an adults-only pool. We watched a Sunday football game in the H2O sports bar - that was fun. We ate dinner at Sunset Sam's and the food was good but pricey.
We tried to decide if we would stay at the Gaylord Palms again since we always stay at Disney's Polynesian when we are in Orlando and we decided we would stay there again for a short vacation since the rooms are comparable to Disney rooms and the daily room rate is definitely not as high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Orlando, the 1,406-room Gaylord Palms Resort is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort features 4.5 Acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park, featuring a multi-level water playground and four water slides; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando