I attended a conference here in late July and the hotel is one of the largest I've ever stayed in. It's a very large sprawling hotel with multiple restaurants and a great water park style pool for kids. My children thoroughly enjoyed the pool and slides and had a great time overall. The convention center is extremely convenient to get to as it's attached to the hotel and the walk back and forth was a bit long but nice due to the great scenery. The restaurants we ate in were somewhat reasonably priced and the food was excellent. The only issue we had involved one of the beds in our room. The first night we got there my daughter slept in the bed and complained of a urine smell in the bed. We told the housekeeping staff the next morning and they said she would change the bed. Well she did, she changed the linen but not the mattress. The next night I slept in that same bed and during the night the smell was pretty bad. When I woke up the next morning my clothes reaked as this bed was obviously saturated with dried urine. I called the front desk and they said they would have the mattress changed out. Well, when we returned from Sea World that night the linen had again been changed but the same urine smelling mattress remained. I went downstairs at this point to speak to a manager who assured me it would be changed. We waited a bit and no one had come yet to rectify the problem. I called again and they assured me they were on their way up with a brand new mattress. The mattress was replaced at about 11:30 that night. They were very apologetic and gracious but had the mattress been changed from our first complaint to the housekeeping staff our stay would have been 5 stars instead of 4. Overall I would go back as I know this situation was not totally their fault but I just wish they had been a bit more responsive to our initial and secondary complaint about the mattress. Overall, great hotel with a somewhat responsive staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Orlando, the 1,406-room Gaylord Palms Resort is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort features 4.5 Acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park, featuring a multi-level water playground and four water slides; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando