Magnificent attrium => YES. Nice Pool Area => YES. Rooms?... eh....Here goes my story....we were upgraded, thanks to the marriott status of my husband and we were given a lavish, oversized room on the 8th floor on the emerald side (away from lobby, in the main atrium). It was not soon after we entered, we realized the CATCH. We were right on top of the "Emerald STAGE" with acoustic speakers, live performances literally and even though their stage agenda was 20 minutes show here and there, music played non stop in between, and grandeur of the room crumbled like a house of cards. Because you can mix dining with live performance, shopping or dancing with live performance, but hotel sleep? That is like sleeping over a moving train, the two DO NOT mix even if that is only for two weeks surrounding Christmas in the entire year!
I had two little hungry babies with me when we walked the long walk back to the lobby. They changed our room to the everglades atrium on the 4th floor which was better because even though the space in that room as shockingly cramped, the rooms showed its age, and the noise from the emerald stage still made it, it did not feel like the floor was shaking beneath my feet when all I wanted was to put my feet up and relax!
Parking is expensive but given the size of the property and with two small kids, we had no choice but to go for valet worth precious 25 bucks daily. Valet was organized, and the valet workers were professional.
Rest, we had a nice stay even though we had a rocky start in our introduction to the grand gaylord!
One day we needed some mac and cheese and/or grilled cheese sandwich for my kid, and my husband went to all three restaurants on location and they did not have it. A little hard to believe, but that happened.
P.S. - my soft corner will remain for the Dallas Gaylord that had miniature train models, and san antonio mock inside over this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Orlando, the 1,406-room Gaylord Palms Resort is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort features 4.5 Acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park, featuring a multi-level water playground and four water slides; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando