“Gorgeous Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center

You added Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   6000 W. Osceola Pkwy., Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Christmas Gaylord Palms
Ranked #10 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Springfield, Missouri
“Gorgeous Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at the Gaylord Palms for a conference over a long weekend. This is a large complex with multiple pools, restaurants, shops and spa. The service was very good, from the helpful valet (we needed help finding our way into town) to the hotel clerks. Our 4th floor double queen atrium view room had a small balcony overlooking the beautiful scenery of tropical plants and ponds filled with different fish, alligators and other aquatic life. The rooms are nice and include a refrigerator and safe. There is an adult pool as well as a larger general pool/water park, with music and activities for the kids. We used the adult pool, and enjoyed a couple of delicious margaritas from the poolside Sandbar Restaurant. We also had some fun watching NFL football games in front of the mega-sized screens at Wreckers Sports Bar. I wish we could have stayed longer, as 3 days were not enough to enjoy all that the Gaylord Palms has to offer. You definitely won’t be disappointed staying here with so many ways to relax and have fun!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (837)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have never experienced a hotel quite like the Gaylord Palms Resort. The hotel is breathtaking! Our entire stay was absolutely AMAZING! The hotel has so much to offer whether you are there on business or vacation. The entire staff were extremely courteous. My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed the adults only pool and were able to have a fabulous lunch there everyday. So many restaurants to choose from. We had delicious meals at Old Hickory Steakhouse, Sunset Sam's and Sora. Their spa was one of the best I have ever experienced. Wonderful, relaxing services and so professional! We never had to leave the hotel during our entire stay--they had everything we could possibly need there! I would definitely stay here again.

Hartland, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

When I arrive, the front desk staff were kind of rude. It could be because of the large conference/convention group I was part of. Room was not bad. I needed a shower chair, which was in the room when I arrive. I did not notice the problem with the chair, and it cost me me the next morning when it dumped me on the floor.
Food in the place is just way over price, no matter how nice the place looked. $24.00 for breakfast, lunch and dinner what dam near twice that.
Limited tranportation to local events/places
After finally speaking to the General Manager after I departed, He seemed unhappy about how I viewed the property, as stated he would take some coorective actions. I guess I will see if it did any good.

Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This place blew me outta the water! I attended a conference here and, wow! What a place! Shopping, alligators, koi pond and many restaurants. Did I mention it is gorgeous?! Ate at the Wrecker's Bar one evening and to my surprise, the food was incredible! I highly recommend staying at the Gaylord, whether you're traveling with business or family; what a wonderful place!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

The hotel offers everything for a family, from the pool to the character meetings. The staff went out of it's way to help me and my son. They would check up on us on their own and make sure everything was running smoothly for us. What an amazing hotel and staff!

• Stayed October 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were very clean. The hotel has a great atmosphere, employees were very friendly and eager to help. Room upgrade was offered and I gladly accepted. Very nice restaurants (an actual sail boat indoors) and indoor rain forest that incorporates Florida's history and live alligators, turtles and fish in the lobby. Beautiful pools. Did I mention affordable? Yes it is, pricing a little lower than Disney owned mid grade hotels but more bang for your buck. I highly recommend staying here at least once in your life and treat your self to this delightful experience.

• Stayed October 2012
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

There is not much that can be said about Gaylord Palms being negative. A beautiful hotel, plenty of dining options in house, each with fantastic food. If I have to be critical, I'd say while the ICE exhibit, if there while you consider a visit, is interesting, and really fun to explore, I don't think it's worth the money. Also, parking there is not free, but they do provide a shuttle to the area attractions; and it's also less than a mile from the Disney World gate.

Room Tip: ask for an atrium view room