This hotel is truly magnificent in the public areas. There is a lot to see and do in the atrium area of this hotel, looking at the plantings alone is enjoyable. Extremely well landscaped. There are several choices for restaurants: a buffet, a steak house, seafood restaurant, coffee house, etc. This hotel is situated by itself off I-95. If you have forgotten something, you can't just run out to the local Walgreens or CVS. My husband forgot his tylenol and i had to buy some at their shop...small bottle, $9. Yikes!
The rooms are decent, but nothing extraordinary. We were on the 2nd floor with an atrium view so this was a plus. However, we prepaid the room fee ($231). Had drinks & dinner on the property (3 people) at the less expensive Sunset Sam's, the seafood restaurant. Food was good & service was pleasant.
Got the bill the next morning & we still owed $260. There is a $20 resort fee (includes free wifi, shuttle to the Disney parks, 2 bottles of water/day, & access to the fitness center, etc). There is also a $24 + tax valet fee, a variety of other taxes totaled $35.18.
We were there meeting a relative who was staying there for a conference, so it was convenient to be there. Would I stay there again? Probably not, considering the cost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Orlando, the 1,406-room Gaylord Palms Resort is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort features 4.5 Acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park, featuring a multi-level water playground and four water slides; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando