Stayed for 3 nights for a conference. Was pleased that the resort never felt crowded even though it is huge! Check-in was a little shaky with what seemed like trainees at the front desk. Only complaint is that when asked to have a room near my colleague, it was not all that close. Understanding there are a ton of rooms, would have been nice to at least be on the same floor. :(
The room was great. The understated decor was perfect-contemporary and sheik. The closet was huge and the drawers in the dresser were really deep! I love that they were soft-closing too! Although on my way to check out, there was a cockroach in my bathroom. The Elite Rewards counter and concierge were extremely helpful in letting me bypass the crowded front desk to listen to my complaint. I get that it is Florida and they have bugs, but ew, gross!
Loved everything else about the resort. Wreckers was a ton of fun and Luis, our waiter, was a total blast! Had the loaded fries and wings, and thought it was a bit expensive for the quality, although the quantity was great. Would have been okay if I was at home and could've taken it home with me! Also had a croissant at Java Coast that was the perfect breakfast.
Was disappointed I did not have time to use the pool because it looked amazing! I wish it was open later (midnight?) as it would have been great to use the hot tub to unwind after sitting in conference sessions all day. Although the firepit next to Wreckers and the adult pool was amazing! Overall had an amazing stay and can't wait to head back with the family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Orlando, the 1,406-room Gaylord Palms Resort is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort features 4.5 Acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park, featuring a multi-level water playground and four water slides; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Marriott, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando