After attending a wedding in Melbourne, FL decided to bring the family to Orlando for our last few days. We spoiled ourselves at the Gaylord Palms! I made reservations through the Marriott website and was immediately able to see all the taxes and fees added to the room. I hesitated to change hotels but decided we would stay and splurge. Man, was it worth it!
The location of the hotel is in an area away from the Disney traffic- thank goodness! It's location off of International Dr made it easier and quicker to get to. We checked in and the front desk staff couldn't have been friendlier. We stayed in a deluxe suite on the 4th floor facing the atrium. The room was very spacious and nicely appointed. The view was amazing and the hotel itself, awesome!
I selected this hotel because of it's on-site waterpark and amenities. It did not disappoint. The water was warmed to 84 degrees. We were at Disney during the day and missed the Cypress Springs water park since it closed at 5:30pm. We were still able to enjoy the zero-entry pool with basketball goals. The kids had a great time swimming and playing basketball. The resort provided large pool towels. We walked around the resort and saw the baby alligators and different types of fish. There was also a large turf area near Wreckers and my son was able to play in a quick kids' football game. This was definitely one of the kids' favorite hotels!
I utilized the valet parking ($24/day) instead of self-parking ($18/day) for the convenience. They were very expedient and stated during each call they have the vehicle downstairs in under 10 minutes. We never had to wait. We had to have them bring the vehicle up to get something out of it and it was no problem. The staff was very friendly, with or without tipping.
The costs do add up, but none were a surprise. You'll have the room cost plus taxes; resort fee plus taxes and parking plus taxes. My room cost was basically an additional $50-$60 a night with the fees and taxes. I had planned for it and it made it bearable. If they had caught me by surprise, I would have had a very different attitude towards it. The resort fee included wi-fi and that was convenient. I've seen internet rates up to $25 in JW Marriotts or other resort style hotels. Including it in a fee and not having to log on and pay was better because we had at least 4 devices in our room logged on. The rates for food are equivalent to a resort hotel but if preferred, there are many, many restaurants neaby. The Orlando Premium Outlets on Vineland was about 15 minutes away and restaurants within 5 minutes.
Marriott Elite members will be very satisfied. They take care of their members. I'm definitely glad this is a Marriott property and we will definitely be back when visiting the area.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Palms Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Hotel
- Gaylord Palms Resort
- Gaylord Palms Orlando
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Orlando, the 1,406-room Gaylord Palms Resort is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort features 4.5 Acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park, featuring a multi-level water playground and four water slides; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.