We stayed at this hotel because of a convention. An impersonal experience with nothing to recommend it other than comfortable beds--and we did not have problems with noise because our room was on the outside.
The hotel pushes for limo service--turns out to be much more expensive than taxis. I wonder if the bell people make money with the limos. I would recommend renting a car--and be prepared to pay $15 per night for parking.
There are lots of restaurants on the property but the quality of the ones we sampled was average for prices that were fairly high. Breakfast cost was outrageous and the choices in that department were limited.
Overall, if I were to go back to the area for recreation purposes, I would not choose this property as it is isolated, not close to the parks (with limited shuttle service), and the rooms are nothing special. Plus I had the feeling that I was being charged for a lot of extras--parking, resort fee, etc. It adds up.
The atrium is beautiful, but there are not enough places around it to sit comfortably and relax. The pool is definitely a plus, especially as there is an adults only one, and the best food experience was the one poolside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Orlando, the 1,406-room Gaylord Palms Resort is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort features 4.5 Acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park, featuring a multi-level water playground and four water slides; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando