If you plan on spending time at the pool area, of which there are two (one for adults & one for families with childern), I recommend you stay in the Emerald Bay area of the hotel. This hotel is HUGE and if you are in the Key West wing it is a very far walk. Although, walking around the hotel is a great experience, as there is so much to see I wouldn't want to walk through the entire hotel everyday for a trip to the pool. Also, it seems the Atrium view rooms are noiser than the outside rooms - as there is always something going on at the stage.
The restaurant in the boat in the Key West area was very nice and the little coffee shop has excellent coffee and quick breakfast choices.
Service overall was very good and conference area was well organized and comfortable as well. We took the shuttle to Disney and it stoped at Disney World last, so it took about 45 minutes to get only about 5 miles away. I would probably just take a cab next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Orlando, the 1,406-room Gaylord Palms Resort is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort features 4.5 Acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park, featuring a multi-level water playground and four water slides; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando