We booked our room online in advance for a one night stay with the Fall Getaway promotional which was to include a 50.00 breakfast credit. the hotel was lovely. we had a beautiful room with an atrium view. french doors and a balcony. the hotel is amazing in every way. it can also be a bit confusing to find your way around, as it is so big. we checked in around 4:30pm. the computers were down so we had to wait outside our room for security to bring us a key to the room. i thought that was kind of weird. after getting the key we unpacked, explored and decided to have dinner in Wreckers. Fun place. Service was eh. Out to the family pool at 8:00pm for the Crack-A-Lackin pool party. without the pool. seems the pool at the family waterpark was closed for construction. but the party was still on. we were told the adult pool around the corner was open for family use. we stayed for a bit, then explored the hotel some more. Wonderful night, great beds and extra pillows! Ah, the folio came. Everything was in order. The next morning, breakfast buffet at Villa De Flora. Rise early and take advantage of the early prices. Sleep late and pay double! 83.06 for breakfast. No problem- i've got a 50.00 credit, right? Ha!! Pay now, once your credit card is billed, we'll deduct your promotional credit. Ok, so after we get home, I go online to check my credit card activity. Seems my advance deposit was double charged. No breakfast credit and two additional mystery charges were made after check out. On the horn with Marriott Business Services. the advance charges will have to be researched. the breakfast credit and additional charges are to be refunded. but as of today, 5 days later, nothing. $300.00 of extra charges now sit on my credit card. I'm hoping they get straightened out soon. We had a lovely time, there were disappointments, but the beauty of the hotel helped make them better. i don't think i would go again because of all the billing issues, and i will definitely warn others about the possibility of having your credit card tied up with large overcharges in dispute. Sad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Orlando, the 1,406-room Gaylord Palms Resort is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort features 4.5 Acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park, featuring a multi-level water playground and four water slides; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Marriott, Expedia, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando