“Luxury Great way to end our trip....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   6000 W. Osceola Pkwy., Kissimmee, FL 34746 (Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$50 Nightly Credit
Ranked #10 of 158 hotels in Kissimmee
St. John's, Canada
“Luxury Great way to end our trip....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

My wife and I were in florida for three weeks,the final night I wanted to treat ourselves to a luxury hotel.I choose the Gaylord..I was very happy with my choice.....The staff were amazing front desk in particular very attentive.The property was an experience on its own,we had a fun evening exploring the atrium and the many bars shops nooks and crannys in the grounds.The room was very clean spacious and well apppointed I must say overall we were totally satisfied with the experience.While it cost more we got more and sometimes thats good.

Room Tip: Ask for a atrium view if they can they will..................
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

2,530 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (793)
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

We were here for a conference & had a wonderful experience. We were early at check in & there wasn't a king room available at that time. We decided to wait & check in a little later. We were able to check our bags with the Bellhop which saved us from having to trail them around with us. We were served lunch which was extremely well cooridinated, buffet station style. The food was excellent! All the meals that were provided were well run & stocked. We did not have to eat in any of the restaurants so I can't comment on the food or quality but I'm sure it would be an experience. When we rechecked into our room we were very well pleased. Everything was spotless. Very welcoming atmosphere. Our hair dryer was broken & after calling the desk, it was after hours for housekeeping, it only took about 5 or 10 minutes for a bellman to bring us a new one. I was not thrilled with paying a parking fee or the resort fee but I can see that with the amount of staff it is probably necessary. We did use the wifi which is covered in the resort fee but did not have the time to use the pool or the fitness center. Both looked great though. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend and was very impressed. Everywhere we went it was spotless. The rooms were clean with a very a modern décor and the balcony view of the atrium is very nice. The atrium landscaping is top notch and very well maintained. The everglades area is the best and if want a room in a quieter area that would be the best spot. We ate at the Wreckers sports bar and Sunset Sams and they were both very good. Overall it was a really nice experience and also very easy by car to Disney, less than 5 minutes. We had friends join us for dinner and the only negative was the $15.00 parking fee they charge.

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I booked this as a last minute deal but I was disappointed. Staying here is an experience. Though I was annoyed in paying a $15 parking fee as well as a $15 resort fee it was worth it and the resort fee includes internet as well as two bottles of water a day and access to the state of the art fitness center. The atrium is just spectacular from the plants to the architecture to the alligators, it is just tops. For the business traveller there is a Fedex Office on sight for any printing needs you may have and for those who like to eat there are several restaurant from a sea food place to a sports bar there is an establishment for you. I enjoyed my visit here as well as enjoyed the 4 star service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Louisville, KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Returned to my room after a very long business day at 8pm and housekeeping had not cleaned the room. When I contacted the front desk I was told the hotel was full and rooms were still being cleaned....at 8pm! No cleaning carts in the hallway so I question that statement. No apology offered and I had to request clean towels. I travel frequently for business and have attended many conventions where the hotel was "full". No excuse, especially when paying $250/night. Gaylord did not earn my repeat business.

Room Tip: Go to the Marriott.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Savannah, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We visited the hotel this past weekend, knowing that the Gaylord properties are always special. We were not disappointed after walking in. I had used their spa previously, but not stayed there (spa is lovely). The atriums are remarkable and the resort doesn't ignore a square inch of their property. There are beautiful tropical plants, water features and comfy seating areas around every bend. It reminded me a lot of the nicer Las Vegas hotels, but with a lighter feel. I am still a child at heart, so I was very excited to see the alligators, turtles, snakes and fish, which all looked happy and healthy, with beautiful enclosures.

We stayed in the Everglades portion of the resort, which was quiet and inviting. I loved the way that they distinguished the differet regions of Florida within the atriums. The only complaint I have it that their linens are not up to par. The towels were a bit like drying off with a saltine cracker and the pillows were pretty much useless, as they collapsed the second you layed on them. Otherwise, the rooms were beautifully appointed and comfortable, with bright, sunny colors and modern lines.

We also had breakfast at Villa de Flora. It is a buffet style restaurant located fairly centrally in the resort. It is open air, with our table overlooking the Key West atrium area and the sailboat. The staff was friendly and the tables were cozy and comfortable. The food was excellent and there was a large spread of food that should be able to accomodate anyone's breakfast cravings. The omelets were delicious and the waffles and french toast tasted home-made or better. They also provide a lot of topping bar type areas, including oatmeal, yogurt and bagels. My mom loved the bagels that she could top with lox and capers and anything else you could want.

I can't wait to come back to stay again.

Room Tip: If you want an interior atrium room with a balcony, there is an upcharge. I also felt that the Ever...
Indialantic, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

The only way to explain this hotel resort is to make a reservation and just experience it for yourself. Everything is top shelf and just a wonderful place to stay in all aspects of a hotel stay and for all family members of all ages.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!