This is the second time my husband and I stayed here as part of a conference. What a resort!! The staff are extremely welcoming and friendly and so very organized. Your first steps into the atrium almost take your breath away; you feel like you've entered another world. As a former Floridian who now lives in Canada, the resort has truly captured the different regions of Florida in their decor (they even have live alligators swimming around!!) There is so much to see and take in! We have stayed in a atrium room both times, but in different areas. We love to leave the balcony doors open and hear the waterfalls, it's also a lot of fun to sit and relax on the balconies and just watch the people coming and going. While my husband was busy with the confernece I made use of the pool and fitness center, both top notch. There is a separate pool area for families, with a fantastic waterpark area with slides that any kids would love; as well as an adults only pool that is quiet and very large. Not sure about the family pool, but the adult pool offers food/bar service right at your lounger, a very nice option. The fitness center is quite large with everything from weight machines, free weights, elipticals, treadmills and other special machines. They also offer classes such as yoga, crosstraining, and others at a small fee; very reasonable. I know they have an amazing spa there as well, but I have not had the chance to try it out yet.
We have also eaten at all the restaurants in the resort; they are all fabulous!! No need to eat elsewhere. The location is quite close to the Disney resort ( 5 minutes), but not right in the middle of all the craziness. The concierge was fantastic; she help arrange ticket to see blue man group at Universal. She also help arrange a few dinner meetings offsite, by checking into availability, sending copies of menus to our room and booking the reservation and sending the confirmation and directions to our room as well, (hand delivered). This is one of the few luxury resorts in the Orlando area that is well worth the price. I can't wait to stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Orlando, the 1,406-room Gaylord Palms Resort is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort features 4.5 Acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park, featuring a multi-level water playground and four water slides; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Marriott, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Venere, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando