This is the nicest hotel I've ever visited. The customer service was excellent, but maybe that is because we weren't very picky. There was an employee waiting to open our doors when we pulled up. He helped us unload our luggage and sent us to the front desk with a ticket. Since it was our first visit to the hotel they upgraded us to a room with an interior balcony for free. The room was clean and very spacious. The bathroom was very nice with double sinks, and we had great water pressure in the shower. It was nice to have a mini fridge, especially with a baby. We called down for a crib and it arrived with our luggage in about 15 minutes. It was the best crib we have seen at a hotel, usually we get those crappy playpens. The hotel is very large and there is a lot to see. I did not feel the decor was cheesy at all. It seemed very upscale to me, as were the prices. We paid $13 for a hamburger at the seafood restaurant. Forget about room service. Even though we got the room for $95/night, we couldn't afford to do anything there, but it was totally worth the wonderful stay. The hotel is very close to disney, you can even see it from the entrance to the theme park property. Parking was $12 per day in the hotel parking lot. Even though they had computers in the rooms, we brought our own laptops and while they do have high speed internet access, they don't have wireless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Orlando, the 1,406-room Gaylord Palms Resort is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort features 4.5 Acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park, featuring a multi-level water playground and four water slides; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Marriott, Expedia, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando