My husband and I stayed for 4 nights during a business conference, in Sept.
Cons-When registering for the room via phone we asked for a king bed, when we arrived we were given 2 queens. We were told that there were no king rooms available that night but that they might be able to move us to a king room the following day. A coworker checked in a couple of hours after us and he received a king room. He was traveling alone!
The bedspreads in our room had a hole in it, the carpets were stained and the ceiling fan (a nice touch, if you don’t turn it on) was covered in dust. We were very disappointed in the room. Although the valet service was competent, there was no one to help us to our room with 6 pieces of luggage. There didn’t seem to be enough staff. There were a lot of little things that were irritating, but not quite big enough to complain about. Also, if you want a room facing the interior with a little balcony--it is $40. extra. The restaurants are very expensive and the coffee house made Starbucks look cheap! $2.50 for a regular cup of bad coffee!
Also, our room wasn’t cleaned until 4:00 in the afternoon. I saw the maid in the hall at around 10:30, so I took my book and went and found a nice place to read, I had lunch, shopped a little, came back at 2:00 and NO clean room. So, I waited in the room, reading and watching TV --the maid didn’t show up until 4:00. That was totally unacceptable to me!
One of our restaurant reservations got screwed up and the host actually had the nerve to act as if it might be our fault! Hummm…
There isn’t much to do in the hotel, there are pools and a spa, but it can get pretty boring—rent a car!
Pros-we were moved to a king room the next day, the room was much cleaner, and bigger, it had an awesome shower and clean carpet, however the ceiling fan was still dusty! We had a corner room with 2 windows which was great for the light. There was a computer in the room, a refrigerator and a safe, also an iron and ironing board and a coffee maker. Those amenities are important to me.
There a handful of little boutique type gift shops, watch the prices though, you can find most of the items at the local malls for less money.
Speaking of malls—if you are a shopper there are a couple of fantastic malls within minutes of the hotel, there is also an outlet mall, but the weather was so hot and humid we waited until evening when it was a little cooler to visit it.
All in all for a hotel of this size and caliber, I expected better customer service--you kind of feel that once they get you there—you’re on your own. Everything is over priced and you just don’t get that warm fuzzy feeling. The décor is a little Disney/cheesy but it’s OK. I liked the waterfalls, koi and baby alligators. Would I stay here again? Maybe, if someone else were paying for it!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Central Florida's world-famous theme parks, including Walt Disney World, Sea World and Universal Orlando, the 1,406-room Gaylord Palms Resort is the ideal destination for leisure and business travelers alike. This spectacular resort features 4.5 Acres of beautifully manicured gardens and themed environments beneath a signature glass-covered atrium. On-site leisure and recreation opportunities abound with the Cypress Springs Family Fun Water Park, featuring a multi-level water playground and four water slides; the adults-only South Beach Pool; Forbes Travel Guide's Four Star Relache Spa & Salon; Wreckers Sports Bar, featuring a two-story sports screen; and a 24 hour fitness center. And with eight restaurants and lounges ranging from fine dining at Old Hickory Steakhouse to casual poolside fare at SandBar, Gaylord Palms offers something for every appetite ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Palms Hotel Kissimmee
- Gaylord Resort
- Gaylord Palms Resort Orlando
- Gaylord Palms Orlando