“It's the Econo Lodge - Nice Owners!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #110 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
JousterWife
“It's the Econo Lodge - Nice Owners!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

I always book with chain hotels, Choice Hotels preferred, as I am very budget savvy. I saw the location of this hotel and was well familiar with its area of other cheaper hotels with minimal ameneties. I was in town for 1 night and wasn't looking for a relaxation, just a shower, tv and bed with my husband and niece.
It's a lot easier to get to this hotel from I92, just take a left on Polynesian and another left behind the hotel in the front. This hotel is set behind another. It looks a bit off-setting at first, but then again it is an old building. You drive around to the front (follow the signs where check in is) and it's nicely lit and tucked in.
I was welcomed by a lovely agent by the name of KAT. She was very nice and inviting that I really felt appreciated. She was pleasant, even at that hour and she was the same woman that checked me out in the morning! I would recommend staying her beore Knights Inn, Travelodge or Rodeway Inn only because of KAT and the man JIM as well. Nice folks that you could tell made a huge effort in keeping with the chain. The rooms were fine, clean and stocked. Didn't expect too much. But, I felt safe and there was lots of lighting!
Really will stay there again. They were incredibly nice!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Portage
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2007

My sister and i went to Florida for a week trip. I had made the reservations online and was told that the hotel was indoor, the pool was heated, and they had a free shuttle to the attractions. When we got there it was no longer the econo lodge polynesian but two seperate hotels that shared the same pool. It was not inclosed like the web site showed but instead it was all out side, when you walked out your door you were out side. And the pool was not heated. Our original room that we were in the door would not lock the battery had died and they fixed it right away for us. I do work in a hotel so i understand that things like this happen. Well the next day we had to catch the shuttle at about 7:00am to go to Sea World and found out the the shuttle only runs once there and once back and that if we missed it we were out of luck we had to walk or take a cab which cost a heck of alot and we were about 14 miles from the hotel. The next morning our door would not lock again and this time we had to leave our stuff in our room unlock and unattended until noon when the maintance man woke up. We had to catch the shuttle at 7:00am again. The maintance man was also very unprofessional he was always asking my sister and i to go drinkimg with him in his room or to go out with him someplace or to drink in our room. We gave him an excuse everytime as to why we could not. Then on the second to last day that we were there our battery died again but this time it locked us out of our room, they had to take a panel our to the wall in order for us to get in the room. The hotel would not give us any money back, and the people that we made our reservation through would not give us any money back because they said that it would have to be investigated and that had we called they would have moved us to a different hotel but they did not tell us that when i made reservations.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tampa, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2007

Booked thru lastminutetravel.com 3 days before my visit. Booked on price. Arrived at front desk, they refused to accept my resveration price. Claimed my reservation was canceled, which I did not cancel, and lastminutetravel.com said was never canceled.
The AC did not work, holes in walls, and door was dented in, like someone had been in a fight and had died. Some bug or bugs were biting me all night long. Claim of FREE WIRELESS access, was false for the 3rd floor. Also pool has a strange green tint to it, never seen such a color in a pool

Look at the photos, wish I had known I could take a video and upload it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Condition, front desk not honoring reservation, no internet on 3rd floor
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
hoover
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2007

To say this is a hotel brings a bad name to hotels everywhere! First of all, the rooms smelled HORRIBLE! I sprayed one can of lysol just to KILL THE GERMS and then the next few days I sprayed 2 cans of FeBreeze....on the curtains, the bed linens and that NASTY CARPETING on the FLOOR!!

I requested a microwave and refrigerator...They were in my room...hoorah...but no one thought to clean them out! If I wanted to use them (and I did) I needed to clean them out.

I don't know if someone tried to steal the Television, but the plug had been pulled out and the prongs were bent.

The heating and cooling unit in the room, though it worked, did not have a cover to it.

There were no wash clothes available. Glad I brought my own.

The travel agent that I spoke with said: Oh, Yes this is a nice hotel. I promised her that if it were nice i would call and ask for her specifically to book my next trip. Well, she can forget that!

I think it is time to tear that down and rebuild a new one!!!!

Stayed April 2007
eu
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2007

Look like a home less place then a resort
Breakfast is snacks with old coffee if you get some
Or one of the guests decided to take in her shirt the entire snacks!!!
(And I saw that)
Old sheets with holes and trace of some brown stains.
The place full with dirt and look abandoned.
The toilet bowl not connects to the ground and you can ravel across the room – fun ride!
The front desk person can not see any problem with that
We run out from this dump place after tow night even I played for 6 nights
To Howard Johnson resort near by –what a change.

IF YOUR HEALTH IS IMPORTANT TO YOU
STAY AWAY

• Liked — non non non non
  • Disliked — every thing
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2007

WOW!! How can a hotel go so down hill in just one year? I left a reveiw of Econo last year after staying there thru Feb 06. My son and I have stayed there for the last 3-4 years and have never had a problem. We usually meet our 'winter family' the snowbirds from NY and enjoy the sun. This year however we arrived to find everyone leaving for the Howard Johnson. The Econo was under new ownership and the place seemed dirty and un cared for. There is also a construction site right next door.The pool was unheated and the owner claimed there was a pump problem and it would take 2 weeks to get the part. C'mon, Florida is over run with pool engineers, and you can get parts Fedex'd overnight from anywhere. Having said that, the Econo is still good value for money, but needs a little TLC.

• Liked — The staff do a good job under duress
  • Disliked — It's a little on the shaby side
  • Stayed February 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tamarac, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2007

To say this hotel is bad, in an insult to bad hotels everywhere. The rooms were smelly and not that clean. The wall paper was falling off, and the staff was not helpful at all. I live in south Florida and I am in the Orlando area often for both business and personal travel. Next time I'd rather sleep in the car. Trying to find something good about this place would be like trying to find snow in Fort Lauderdale in July......just not going to happen

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Having to return.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!