“The bad reviews are true!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Orlando-Maingate at Calypso

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Orlando-Maingate at Calypso to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Orlando-Maingate at Calypso
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5001 Calypso Cay Way, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #63 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Monticello, Minnesota
“The bad reviews are true!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The rooms were musty smelling, the air conditioning barely kept the room cool, we constantly had to ask for clean towels, our room was never cleaned by the time we got back late in the day, the pools (that were supposed to be heated) were ice cold, the continental breakfast was less than adequate (that is if they even had anything as they ran out every day), and the best part was the foul-smelling refrigerator that we complained about daily and they never did anything about it. I don't care how good a value this is, I wouldn't stay there again for even one night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Orlando-Maingate at Calypso, responded to this review, May 26, 2013

We are also sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the “Be Our Guest” Breakfast. Our goal is to ensure fresh food is provided and that each item is available for all of our guests. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service.

We appreciate you also bringing the disappointing service you received from our staff to our attention. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service.

Please feel free to contact us at CCare@carlsonrezidor.com. ~Dana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We always enjoy staying at this Country Inn and Suites. It is located near a Wal Mart and many restaurants are 5 mins away. The pools are great! There are 3 pools on the property and 2 of them have slides that my kids love. There is also a water play area for smaller kids and miniature golf. The rooms are clean. The suites are perfect size for a family of 4 with small children. The continental breakfast is free and has a make your own waffles bar. I highly recommend this place. You get a lot of bang for your buck!

Griffin, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was very accommodating and the location was within a short distance from Disney World. There were several high-end shopping outlets close by and Universal Studios was roughly 15 to 20 minutes away. The hotel was clean and our room was attended to regularly. We opted for the king suite and the room was quite spacious. The pools were very nice and closed off with plenty of privacy and the tiki bar was open late . Our breakfast included quite a good bit to be free and was rather tasty.

Now for some of the negative aspects... When we booked this hotel we were told the room had a daily $8 resort charge, however we were charged $15 instead. And when we checked in our television wasn't working properly, but the issue was taken care of quickly once we reported it to the front desk.

All in all we enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay again.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Listen to the bad reviews. Our rule of thumb is if the majority says something is bad, it's bad. We stayed here even after reading the reviews as we were in town for a wedding & it's where the rest of the family was staying. It quickly became a joke among us about the towels, especially "hold onto your washcloth" as they were always out of them. The excuse...they wash them & then send them out"??? The A/C barely cooled the room which was musty smelling from the dampness in the air. Don't want to think of how the temperature of the rooms are during the height of hot Florida summers. Granted we are foodies from a city (Atlanta) that has excellent breakfast options, but I can't imagine anyone besides children enjoying the poorly executed breakfast with the prepackaged type pastries. For families with small children who plan to spend more time @ the parks & pool than in the room it's a good value. But not to even get an apology for the cochroach climbing on my relatives toothbrush, it's not a place I'd reccommend or return to.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Orlando-Maingate at Calypso, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room, as well as the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. We will discuss the conditions of your room and the service provided, with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms and service are up to Country Inns standards.

We are very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the “Be Our Guest” Breakfast. Our goal is to ensure we are offering fresh food and that each item is available for all of our guests. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. If you would like to discuss any of your concerns further, please call us directly and ask for Corporate Customer Care.
Bay Shore, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

After reading some of the reviews of Country Inn & Suites by Carlson at Calypso Cay Way in Kissimmee I started to get worried. However when I got into my room my concerns were immediately relieved. My room a one bedroom suit (with a door between the living area with desk/couch/mini kitchette & bedroom which was nice. The suite was clean, spacious, well appointed, & comfortable. Bed was appriopriate made, with clean linens/bedspread, & was comfortable to lay/sleep on. The mini refrigerator & microwave were clean & in good working condition. The bathroom had ample bath/hand towels & wash cloths. The only problems I noted was that one of room phones did not work, I tried plugging it in another phone jack, but it still did not function. I could hear only a very faint dial tone. The other phone however did work (again this was a bedroom suite with a living area & a door between the living suite/bedroom). The only other issue was that there is a connecting door with the suite next to me. This door itself was locked/secure. The issue however was that the individuals in that room got loud one night & also turned their TV volume up. I could hear their TV clearly in the living room of my suite. However with the bedroom door closed in my suite, I fortunately could not hear this rachet in my bedroom. Another party with kids a few room up the hallway got loud one day, I could hear their yelling in while walking past their room in the hallway. Fortunately I could not hear them in my room. The pool areas were nice & clean. The complementary breakfast was good. They have hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereals/ bananas, eggs with either sausage patties or bacon depending on the day, make your own waffles, fruit, milk, fruit juices, coffee,& assorted pastries. They have indoor & outdoor tables. It gets a little crowded on Sunday morning, but I still found a table outside. I received daily maid service with clean towels, soap, shampoo, & hair conditioner replacements daily. Down the hallway their is a laundry room with good working washer & dryer (you need to buy tokens (8 tokens per machine, tokens cost a quarter a piece, so you need $4 in tokens total). Airconditioning worked fine with an adjustable thermostat. Shower water temp. was fine, but you need to learn to adjust it/takes trial & error at first. Staff were fairly attentive/responsive to needs/questions. Rich M.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor towards the end of the hallway. Room had plenty of light with curtains ope...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Honestly this place was gross and the staff could careless. Upon checking out they didn't even ask how our stay was. I was hoping they would so I could give them a piece of my mind.
Upon checking in we were given room 710. We opened the door to see the beds didn't even have linen on them...Thanks for coming right? They sent someone up to fix the problem with out even saying" sorry". The rugs were dirty and had burn marks. The walls had scuff marks and dings every where. The fridge was so small we couldn't get a Ben and Jerry ice cream to fit in there. The shower was disgusting. Mold around the tub seams. Water pressure was so bad I bought another room at the double tree to get clean. The floor tiles were coming out of the floor. The grout was missing. I couldn't make this crap up.
They did have free parking and wi-fi along with a hot breakfast daily. But I'd rather pay for breakfast and parking to sleep in a clean room. I'll upload my pics soon

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Orlando-Maingate at Calypso, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns & Suites standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We spent 3 nights, but booked 4 because we had a late flight home. We were able to book in early, our room was clean, except for carpet stains. The staff was pleasant. There was a shortage of towels, but they eventually arrived. Breakfast was good. We have stayed here for several years now, and could see the effort that was being made to update. As for the stains on the carpet, some people have no respect for others property. If I spilled something, I would certainly make a good effort to clean it up. If you are looking for 4 or 5 star quality, pay the price and get it. I plan on staying here again next year.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Orlando-Maingate at Calypso? Share your experiences!