“Dissapointed in stay. dont get room we paid for” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Orlando-Maingate at Calypso

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Orlando-Maingate at Calypso to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Orlando-Maingate at Calypso
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5001 Calypso Cay Way, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #65 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Dissapointed in stay. dont get room we paid for”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Booked thia hotel to spend the niggt on our way down to miami. Paid in advance for a 2 queen room. when we arrive. no queen rooma available. only a king with a pullout with no blankets or pillows. Go to front desk they say thats all they have available. Whats the pointbof booking and paying in advance if you dont get what you paid for. Ive stayed at country inns numerous times throughout the ua and have been fantastic. this is a real dissapointment. how can someone sleep on a sofabed without any sheets. disgusting.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank vanclot
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Orlando-Maingate at Calypso, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
I am so sorry to hear of the issues that you experienced while staying at our hotel. It is always our goal that each guest has an outstanding experience. Your feedback has been taken seriously and we are working to ensure that this experience never happens to any future guest. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced and hope that when you return to our area, you will be willing to visit us again so that we are able to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can personally ensure that you have an outstanding experience.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I am writing after my first day of a 5-day stay at this hotel. Orignally my fiancee had booked us at Calypso via Hotels.com. Our story starts off like this.
First off, we arrived at 4:00 pm at the Calypso when check-in starts and asked to come back at 4:30. We arrived back at 4:40 and waited in line for check-in only to find out calypso was overbooked. Counter agents then sent us to Country Inn and Suites. We were done with this chaotic mess at 5:30 pm. That's right, it took roughly an hour and half to check in.
The room we are in has a nice view for sunsets. But the problem is the windows are so filthy dirty you view an obscure sunset. The place is definitely run down as the cabinets have surfaces with cracked and worn edges. TV must be 20 yrs old and reception is terrible. Using my computer and their wireless, internet drops regularly.
As I write this I have waited over 2 hours for our room to be cleaned. Lots of little things that could be fixed. Like the elevator sign that is cracked and chipped. The end of the ride on the elevator results in a nice jolt. Sign in the elevator says inspection of elevator at front desk. I would question whether there really is one. I could on and on. Simply a very poorly maintained hotel for a Country Inn and Suites. I have stayed at a number of CI&S through out the states as well as other hotels and for the price we were charged this was a disaster.
Please take heed to this review and try and find anotehr place to stay in this area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Roger L
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Orlando-Maingate at Calypso, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We apologize for the problems you encountered while staying at our hotel. We take your comments very seriously and will use them for training and to improve our standards. If you have any further concerns or comments please contact us directly at 1-800-967-9182.

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Godfrey, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was looking for a much needed relaxing mini-vacation and decided to give this hotel a shot. It was just my daughter and I and we stayed for 4 nights and loved every minute of it. The hotel staff was very friendly and I thought the hotel was clean. Breakfast was good and the amenities for the price were great too! We loved relaxing by the pool and had a great time. Thank you so much to everyone at the Country Inn & Suites for being so great! We really enjoyed our stay and will be back next year!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Alison R
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE, DIRTY ROOM, OLD ROOM, POORLY MAINTAINED, YOU NEED TO PAY FOR HOUSEKEEPING.

Do not be fooled by the nice facade. I stayed here with my family for 6 days to take the kids to Disneyland. I chose the hotel since it was close to disney and universal studios, staying here is the biggest mistake I made. The rooms smell old, carpet was dirty, towels had stains, sheets weren't new and btw YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR HOUSEKEEPING! $5 for new towels and $10 per day for new sheets, can you believe that? My phone does not work, i reported it to the front desk and they told me that maintenance wasnt available since its already past 5pm, cmon what kind of hotel doesnt have maintenance? Btw I had to have my keys replaced 6times in 3 days since my card key cannot open the door! I informed the front desk and they told me that I have to go next door to the other hotel since they cannot re-program the keys, really? So what does the front desk of country inn do? Why does a guest need to take care of issues which are not a fault of the guest? Very disappointed with this hotel. Never again will I stay in any country inn or its sister companies. This hotel is pathetic, super 8 has better facilities than this hotel, super 8 is not even a hotel!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
1 Thank I D
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Orlando-Maingate at Calypso, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Bogota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

First, me, my husband, 2 year old daughter and mother in law are from Colombia. Well, first made the reservation for calypso cay hotel (it has many damage microwaves in the living room) that is behind this hotel and SMELLS THE SAME! we got at 1 am to sleep and the guy in the Calypso cay hotel just sent us (like cows) to the country inn...the room smelled, there was a sock under my bed and after they supposed to "CLEAN" it still there...the breakfast was so horrible... My family and I will never come back to that place or the calypso, we expected more...as the Colombian attention and dedication to tourists...they don't hate their jobs and try to do their best without expecting a tip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank PaoolaC
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Orlando-Maingate at Calypso, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We found thiz hotel to be friendly, clean, and comfortable. They had an awesome breakfast with plenty of choices. We are seniors but ic we had kids they would have enjoyed the huge fun loving pool. Thanks for a nice stay at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Loved this place for price,comfort, and location
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights. We were in a two-queen bed room. The room was clean. The bathroom was old and the drain did not work well. The breakfast is not great, nothing is fresh. The staff of the hotel is very welcoming, polite and kind. Expect to get what you are paying for.

2 Thank Mariacarol29