“TERRIBLE!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of HomeSuiteHome Nikki Bird Main Gate

Save Saved
You added HomeSuiteHome Nikki Bird Main Gate to your Saves list
HomeSuiteHome Nikki Bird Main Gate
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5565 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #128 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
“TERRIBLE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. Upon arrival our room was damp & smelled moldy. We reported it to management & they gave us a suite for free. It was a little better but was not much. The rooms are old, pools are old, everything about it gives me chills. Not a good place at all

• Stayed August 2012

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed there for a few weeks and from the second we walked in the lobby I knew it wasn't going to work out but I thought since it's only for a while we would manage.... WRONG! I had called the day before to make sure they had a pet friendly room available and the lady said there wasn't one available but she would have house keeping get it ready for us and I asked her what time was check in because I had to be at work at 1 pm and she told me I could check in at 11am. So when we arrived and I explained everything to LOU (PROPERTY MANAGER) he was very rude and quick to jump down my throat saying there are NO pet rooms available and the lady who told me that was got there after house keeper already had left and we couldn't check in til 4 pm.. So I told him she was on the phone with me when she called house keeping or maintenance over the radio and requested for one of the pet rooms to be ready for us so he finally listened and checked and sure enough there was a room "ready" for us. When we finally got to the room and we took a look around and saw how nasty and dirty the room was I was disgusted but me being me I just decided it wasn't worth making this day worst so I DEEP clean the room. That night my wife or I couldn't sleep because we felt things walking on us and biting us and then my dogs starting scratching a lot and my dogs NEVER had fleas. So the next day I go out and buy a few bugs killing sprays and a Lysol spray and fleas collars. My wife and I were full of bites and it was disgusting to thing I was laying somewhere that had something that was biting us.. So I get home and take the bed apart layer from layer spraying everything with everything I brought, while me doing that I notice a tiny tiny see-thru bug on my sheets and it was alive and walking. So I killed it and told house keeper and then maintenance came and "check"my beds and said they will have pest control come and a few days later they did come and ONLY lift the sheets and moved the bed a little and said there's no sign of any bugs. So once again I deep cleaned everything and washed everything and finally the biting had stopped. Also the wifi stopped working and my wife goes to school online for criminal justice so we made sure they had wifi before moving in because we need it, on the fourth day they put a paper on the doors stating the internet plan had change and we had to fill out a paper with our MAC address of the computer to use the wifi. We didn't want to do that but my wife needed the wifi and we couldn't get our money back. So after turning in the paper they told us it would take up to 2 days for it to work, a week later and it still wasn't working and I kept calling front desk and finally we got it connected. The wifi never worked it was always off and on. And to top it off I saw LOU the manager peeking in people room and trying to listen through the doors.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed here for a week in September while relocating and it was horrific. I have never been in such a filthy hotel - ever. This hotel apparently has a lot of people who use this as a "permanent" home. I cannot understand how. There are bugs of every sort crawling all over the rooms, people fighting, hanging outside of your room, the rooms are not clean and forget "housekeeping". We had no bathroom tissue until we asked the front desk and were informed that they give you ONE roll, but any other is something you have to buy. The bathroom was gross. The toilet and tub were not clean and there was soap scum all over. "Free wi-fi" is not true. We had it sporadically. Also, the laundry (where you are supposed to wash your own towels) has about 12 machines, 6 are washers, 6 are dryers. When we went to check it out, 7 of those machines were not working and we were told the others work randomly. The front desk will NOT refund your money either. You receive no refunds if you leave early, no refunds if the machines take your money ($1.50 each machine) and must get "approval" to check out or they keep your $100 deposit.
This hotel needs a spot on "Hotel Hell"!! I'm not sure Gordon Ramsey would even walk in there though.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, go to a different hotel. That would be my tip.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Room was dirty, the floor was filthy no matter how many times i tried to mop it, it still was too dirty to walk on with socks. The maids Dont clean your rooms or give you clean towels and sheets. There is all kinds of weird loud drunks wondering around all times of the night and day. People fighting and the police being called many Times a week. My husband didn't feel comfortable with me walking around alone. I saw many COCKROACHES and huge spiders. The staff are very rude. And there are hidden fees when you check out which they take out of your deposit that you are told you will get back as long as your room is not damaged. The wifi is restricted, no pandora or skype. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Internet and signs said $149 a week. If u want 1st flr it"s $10 more. If u stay 2 weeks u pay a $35 cleaning fee and $20 more. Hotel is infested with german roaches. Filthy and run down. Full size frig. TV & internet down more than working. Room service once a week & u have to clean ur own towels. No clock or coffee maker. Long list of rules including must park forward. Guests fighting at the pool & angry at front desk for numerous reasons. If u want to stay long term they make u move in the middle of ur stay. AC worked good in my room. If I could give 0 stars I would. Couldn't get room type I reserved. Had to go to front desk 3 times and finally gave up.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lake Placid, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

WARNING!!! HomeSuiteHome Maingate Kissimmee is totally lacking customer service. Their website states: “Requires a $100 deposit at Check-In, Refundable at Check-Out”. This is total deception. They IMMEDIATELY take the $100 from your credit card at the time you make the reservation. I only have a debit card. Fortunately I have 2 accounts. When I make a reservation, I use the debit card for the “empty” account. I wrote an e-mail to the motel with 5 wuestions to inquire about the $100 deposit. They NEVER responded to the 5 questions I asked. When they attempted to take the $100 deposit, it was “denied” so they cancelled the reservation IMMEDIATELY! They NEVER sent an e-mail or attempted to call to alert me that the card was denied and did I want to use another card. They NEVER let me know that the reservation was cancelled. I sent a second e-mail to officially cancel the reservation because I found a better place to stay. They NEVER acknowledged my request to cancel. So, finally, I telephoned to confirm the Cancellation request. The front desk agent, Nicole, was unprofessional and borderline rude. She denied any knowledge about the false website statement about the $100 deposit “at Check-In”. Thank goodness that Divine Intervention prevented me from staying at this motel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
kissimmee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

As having a child with special needs I like to save, money. I explained upon check in that we would be here all summer and that our child has medical needs that are critical. My first neighbors were quiet. When the next people checked in next door, I started smelling weed coming from the wall socket, phone jack too my child was inhaling this gargage I notified the front desk. When the guy confirmed the smell he said he would call a deputy, 8 hours later the smell is back and security is acussing me of being crazy but he checks it out confirms the smell and the guy is forced to leave. Now this week these morons have once checked in another smoker next door knowing my cyiod can't breathe in smoke and refuses to do anything about it even though they know there is a no smoking policy in the room. If i hadn't. Paid up front I would leave. They would need to charge me 35 bucks to switch rooms . The washers and dryers don't work yet they keep taking money, they had money to change the pool furniture but they can't fix a dryer. I am calling the health department on Monday the staff doesn't care nor do the management I went out to my car only to be hounded by security about exactly what was I doing outside my room like its any of his business. This place overall is nothing more than a crack motel who promotes drug usage and look te other way when you complain.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to HomeSuiteHome Nikki Bird Main Gate? Share your experiences!