“You get what you pay for, is fine if you aren't picky” 3 of 5 stars
Review of HomeSuiteHome Nikki Bird Main Gate

Save Saved
You added HomeSuiteHome Nikki Bird Main Gate to your Saves list
HomeSuiteHome Nikki Bird Main Gate
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5565 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy., Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #128 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Boston, MA
“You get what you pay for, is fine if you aren't picky”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Just stayed five days. It was fine.

Things that were good: Desk clerk, building engineering, and security folks we dealt with were all pleasant. A failing light bulb was replaced promptly. Frig was full-sized, water was hot and pressure good, ac was fine, mattresses ok, very quick drive to disney parks, convenient to restaurants and grocery stores.

Things that bugged me: No alarm clock. Only one layer of curtains, so our room could either be dark, or else people could see right in; nothing translucent. Big electric sign out front advertises $49/night, desk clerk claims they don't offer that rate any longer (but for a five day stay, the weekly rate was cheaper than that anyway). Had to get our keys redone twice, probably a computer issue.

Unlike other reviewers, they did not give us a hassle for asking for a new roll of toilet paper, nor did we see or hear any altercations or police visits.

Things that might bug you: carpet had a stain, paint on the safe in the room was peeling, tons of rules; photo id required for each person given a key and parking permits required to be in the lot.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms cost more. There's a fee for changing rooms. Different rooms get cleaned on diffe...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

We had the WORST check in experience of our life at the Knights Inn Maingate which caused us to cancel before we even finished the check in paperwork.....We went over the Home Suite Home and Natalie was working behind the front desk. She was SUPER nice and gave us 2 rooms close to the main lobby right next door to each other since I was traveling with my family.....I would stay here again just because of the service I received when I just walked in to this hotel.....DO NOT STAY AT KNIGHTS INN MAINGATE!! Stay here instead!! Thanks Natalie for saving our vacation!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Staff very polite. On site maintenance very efficient. Our manager Shaundra kept a very clean and tidy facility. Rooms were big and good quality. Lived here (maingate) for nearly 1 year and never had a problem.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

I really wanted to like this place because of the price and the proximity to Disney World. But even I am having a hard time putting up with this dump. The "suite" is really a one room motel room with an apartment sized frig stuck in the vanity area and a small microwave on the vanity. You can barely get in the bathroom and shut the door at the same time, it's so small. The floors do not look like they are swept after each guest and the rug is disgusting. I won't walk on it without shoes or slippers.

Then there is no coffeemaker in the room; you have to provide your own TP after the first roll, and the washcloths have all lost their absorbency. I have never seen such flat pillows in my life and the mattresses are taking a toll on my bones!

This place is a great location but they don't seem to care about that. It is a huge complex with two nice looking pool areas, but most of it is empty. Why? Because they are taking your money (granted, it's pretty cheap for a week) and not giving you very much in return. They could double the rate, clean the place, expand the rooms (2 rooms into one suite) and still make a lot of money. People would want to stay here if it was clean. I have not seen any roaches and don't think there are bed bugs or fleas, but I'm not sure. The shower is barely clean but the water comes out nice.

I'm sorry Home Suite Home, but I would rather stay less time at Disney and pay more money than to have to put up with this. Four adults in a room, and I asked for another bath mat and they said it's only "one per room." By the time 4 adults shower, the thing is sopping wet and since it's cotton, it takes forever to drive. Plus we practically had to beg for an extra towel. And no hand towels. What's up with that?

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hoffman Estates IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed here 10 years ago under the old management and had a wonderful weeks stay.

We returned to find that the new management is living off the old Nikki Bird name and making

a sizable profit while not keeping the place clean or repaired. Its the oldest trick in the book.

Yes the police are called frequently. Yes this is not a place for kids. Yes we got our money

back after a quick 2 minute talk with the owner who doesn't want his operation shut down.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I have stayed here at this location about 5 times now, I usually travel alone, and for me to be comfortable (as a female) someplace is saying that i feel safe here. I dont care what anyone says, but $149+tax for 7 nights stay anywhere is awesome..as long as you like it, It is super duper close to Disney World and right off the major freeway and highway. House cleaning is only done once a week tho and you must empty your own trash. this is just fine for me because i not like random housekeepers coming into my "private" room each morning to clean.I never see anyone "hanging out" (even late at night) and i am never awakened with loud people or noises. I like to stay on the top floor and love the fact there is a full refrigerator and microwave. but remember, this is a no frills weekly and people make this their home, so for larger families?? Only bummer i would say is that there is no daily housekeeping and it might get messy for you, but greatttttt way to save money for other things you want to do while you are in town! Im going back again this month!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

You would think with so much competition for clients along the 192 strip that this hotel would try to manage a facade of caring.

The place was filthy. Our toilet was broken. They really didn't care. You had to physically go to the front desk to ask a question because they never answer the front desk phone. The manager would make a commitment to resolve an issue to my face, then nothing ever came of it. When asked who her boss was, she gave me her own name , thinking I wouldn't catch on. It is a waste of money and one of the most unpleasant stays I have ever experienced.

the swimming pool was filthy.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to HomeSuiteHome Nikki Bird Main Gate? Share your experiences!