“Excellent golf courses” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Troy, New York
“Excellent golf courses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The golf courses on the property were amazing! The best I've ever played in Florida, and a lot of elevation changes for Florida. We were only able to play the Palmer and Watson courses, as Nicklaus was being over seeded. The courses were in excellent shape every time we played. Replay rates were pricey. The cart girl was pushy and kept coming by asking us to buy more expensive drinks. The crowd was older, 50s was the average age I would guess, it seemed to be a higher end resort which most younger folks usually wouldn't go to. The patio we had outside of our room was outdated and covered in cigarette butts, but was just off of the 10th hole of the Watson course. At night we would walk out and play a few holes with no problem. But the courses really make up for everything else here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
ExecutiveOfficeMC, General Manager at Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will be sharing your comments and concerns with our staff to ensure we are always improving our services. We are pleases to hear you enjoyed our world class golf courses! We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We booked a two bedroom property and were allocated a three bedroom three bathroom villa. The decor and furniture all appeared brand new. The kitchen was extremely well equipped - a huge fridge freezer, new crockery even a constant supply of dish washer powder, kitchen roll and clothes washing powder. Overall a very spacious and comfortable villa.

We were on the fourth floor with a good view of one of the three golf courses. We had a couple of problems with the washing machine and dryer however these were resolved very efficiently.

We had one breakfast in the clubhouse which was high quality with very attentive service. Check in and check out took only a couple of minutes. All the hotel and restaurant staff we met were helpful and informative. The pool staff and pool bar were less attentive. The main pool did not appear to offer towels - we had to borrow small towels from the gym.

The resort was less than 20 minutes to Disney using the 192 and around 35-40 minutes to Universal.
Overall we would not hesitate to stay at Reunion again and would recommend the resort to friends travelling in Orlando.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ExecutiveOfficeMC, General Manager at Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you, from the entire team at Reunion Resort. Our passion is hospitality and service and to hear from a guest that had an experience like you did makes our week! We want to thank you for taking the time to share about your visit on Trip Advisor. We have taken your minor concerns and will be addressing them to ensure that every experience here at Reunion is well rounded and exceptional in every way. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the resort very soon!
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great location and facilities but rooms have to be seen to be believed. Stayed in several different areas of the resort and different occupancies but each suite has been excellent. Great value for money.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We thank you for taking time to share your comments and excitement regarding your recent stay at Reunion Resort. We are happy to provide a luxury setting at such a great value in the Orlando area. We look forward to your next visit!
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at one of the villas at the Reunion Resort. We rented via VRBO.com, but you can reserve villas through the Reunion Resort website for a lot more money. We had great communication with the owner(Andy) and quick response to all of my email questions and concerns. The entire rental process was very easy and went smoothly. The grounds and the villa were amazing! The photos on VRBO are spot on! My family had lots of room to spread out. And best of all, my two kids had their own bedroom and their own bathroom!! We were on the first floor looking out at the golf course and very close to a pool and the waterpark. We spent very little time at the resort, as we were there for Disney World, but I could visit Florida and never leave the Reunion Resort.

I have stayed at Disney propertys as well as other 4 Star resorts in Orlando, but I must say that Reunion beats them all in quality and price. The drive to Disney was very short (about 15 minutes) but we liked being away from all of the hustle and bustle of Disney World after a long day at the parks. We always rent a car when we visit Orlando, and you will certainly need one if you stay here. Not sure if there is a shuttle to Disney offered in the main resort hotel or not; we never visited the hotel. The resort community is huge, so a car would be very necessary. Persons renting must remember that there is no maid service or housekeeping, so it's important to bring personal items to the villa i.e., soap, detergent, paper towels, and toiletries. Publix and Wal-mart are nearby to stock up on food and incidentals. There were plenty of towels, and all plates, utensils and pots and pans are in the villa. Just bring your clothing and you are all set.

The villa was is beautifully decorated with large flat panel TV's in every bedroom and in the living room. We loved our view from the patio and enjoyed our morning coffee out there every morning. The nice bonus was the washer/dryer which we used several times! The free Wi-Fi was a nice bonus! Compared to a Disney Resort this size, you can expect to pay at least three times what Andy charges for his spacious villa. And honestly, the villa at Reunion was much nicer, cleaner and quieter than any Disney Resort we have stayed at. We are sold on the Reunion Resort and will make this our permanent vacation destination when we visit Orlando!!

Room Tip: Try to get in Building H near the waterpark!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to share your wonderful feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Beautiful resort A+. We got a room bigger than we booked. Clean and spotless. Kitchen was a plus as well as the W/D. Big thing for us was the water park and the pool area. We didn't go outside the resort.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We thank you for taking time to share your comments and excitement regarding your recent stay at Reunion Resort. It is wonderful to hear how about all of the amenities and features you were able to enjoy. We hope you are able to come back for a visit soon!
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This resort is Gorgeous a little pricey but Georgeous non the less I wish I could say that the whole trip was enjoyable but it wasnt. I took my mother there the weekend of October 13th for our annual get away and it was stressfull from the beginning. When we first got there a not so pleasent reception desk women checked us in. She could not find our reservation and told us that we did not have one even though I had the print out. Who ever entered my reservation when we booked it over the phone put my name in wrong and of course some how it was my fault according to the not so pleasent desk woman. So that was problem #1 Problem #2 started when we went to the lobby bar to have dinner and was told we had to move from our table because a bunch of male golfers came in and wanted to sit in the area we were in and they would be needing our table. This large party then was completely taken care of while we waited for 45 minutes to get our cold calamari that we had to send back.. Then we had to wait another 20 or so minutes to get our dinner .. We only got our dinner because we asked someone where it was only to be told.. OH that must be ready and sitting in the window in the Kitchen.. YUP it was and it was dried out and tasted just like it had been sititng... The next problem was the next day when we went to the Water Park which is beyond amazing but the staff there at the towel stand lied to us about getting us the shuttle back to the resort when we were ready to leave and was more interested in BS-ing with each other and playing with a broom... I finally had to call the front desk twice at the hotel get a ride back and had waited over 40 minutes just to have the shuttle that I was told ran every ten minutes to pick me up... A few other things happened with the staff while we were there that were not major just a pain in the butt... Like I said its a beautiful place but the some of the staff needs work.... We did have breakfast at the Club House in the mornings and the service and the food was amazing!! I highly recommend eating there ! The last thing I am going to say is that I was told by the Customer Service Manager that someone from their executive offices would be calling me to discuss my visit and needless to say even after I called them to follow up since I never did receive a call... They still have not called me...

Room Tip: Corner Villa on the 3rd floor was so clean and peacefull!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at Reunion Resort. I sincerely apologize for the challenges during your stay and that there was no additional follow up. If you would please reach out to me, I would be happy to research the shortfalls you encountered. You can reach me directly via e-mail mcollins@reunionresort.com. I look forward to being of assistance.

Been to Reunion Resort & Club Wyndham Grand Resort? Share your experiences!