“A lovely surprise !” 5 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ware, United Kingdom
“A lovely surprise !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family and I stayed at the resort in a three bedroom apartment for two weeks and after reading the reviews I was a little nervous but we found it to be excellent so a lovely surprise.

The apartment was very spacious and to high standard whilst it was cleaned every day.

My children are both under six and loved the hotel water park and we had a few days there relaxing.

We did eat at the pool where the food was very American and good and we also ate at the hotel for breakfast which again was good. There are two restaurants at the main hotel we ate at Forte and it was excellent.

Yes its a little way out form the main strip but I personally would not want to stay in International Drive and we found it to be a good way to relax after a long day at one of the parks.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Baker Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

PROS:

-We were upgraded by Judy, free of charge, from a 1 bedroom villa to a 3 bedroom townhouse. Judy could not have been any more obliging or considerate.

-Our townhouse decor was stunning. I could not get over how tasteful and beautiful the furniture and art were. There were some unusual and high quality pieces, not your typcial mass produced, bland hotel decor.

-The townhouse was equipped with everything a person could possibly need, including laundry powder, serving dishes, a blender etc.

-Our townhouse opened up onto a fantastic and large patio area containing comfortable tables and chairs.

-There is a large grocery store as well as a number of take out food places nearby.

-There are several pools, which are well maintained, as well as a water park for the kids.

-You can conveniently charge anything on the resort to your account using your room key.

-Beautiful lobby and very friendly staff.

-Very clean. Our house keeping staff were fantastic.

-Parking readily available outside of each villa or townhouse.

-20 min drive to the major amusement parks (16 miles, mostly on the highway).

-We don't golf but the golf course seemed to be quite extensive and well maintained.

-Loved the Gilchrist & Soames toiletries.

CONS (ALL MINOR):

-Although the grounds are beautiful they are extensive and it is often necessary to take a hotel shuttle to the lobby or pool etc. It was easy and fast to get picked up at our townhouse but coming back was a little inconvenient. We couldn't find the phone at the pool and ended up having to walk to the lobby and then happened to flag the driver down.

-We were hoping that the kids would all be at the water park but unfortunately there were a lot of children at the pool that had the bar.

-The housekeeping staff did a fantastic job but one morning they rang the door bell at least 10 times in a row (I'm not kidding) until we answered. I was on the phone and my friend was in the shower. It was very odd.

-You have to line up in your car at the front gate to show security your parking pass. Each time there was a lineup and we had to wait a few min.

-The spa is very expensive. We ended up going to a lovely little spa in nearby Celebrity for half the price. Celebrity is a charming town and well worth a visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed in a 3 bed roomed apartment at this resort for 3 nights and it was wonderful.
The room was clean and well appointed, with lots of room.
The staff were very friendly and keen to help.
If I do have a negative thing to say the resort is very spread out, and it is a little out of the way. But if that is not an issue for you then it is worth it for really first class accommodation.

Bellbrook, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I read some negative reviews, but I guess those folks are just whiners. This resort is really nice. It's primarily a golf resort, however, there is a small waterpark for kids. There are other kids activities as well. The big thing is a very nice place to stay about eight miles from Disney's main gate. We had a three bedroom, three bath condo that was very nice! The only real issue was the beds were very firm. Our condo overlooked 14th fairway of one of the three excellent golf courses. There are a few onsite restaurants, but we didn't eat at any. We bought groceries at the supermarket right down the street and prepared our own meals. Or, your only about 6 miles from the west end of Kissimmee where there is plenty of places to eat. The only reason I didn't rate at 5 stars is the beds were too hard and it didn't seem like there was very good communication between different operations of the resort. However, all of the staff were super and accommodating. We'll stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at this resort for 18 days and loved having the space we were afforded in a three bed villa. There is loads of space and we all had our own bathrooms and privacy. The villa is well furnished although some of the furnishings are worn and need replacing or repair but this is normal for the amount of use. There is everything you need in the Villas. The only comment I would make is I would have liked a full cleaning service at least 3 times a week especially if you are staying for 18 days. They do make the beds and very basic tiding. So you need to do your own cleaning. I also think there could be more umbrellas for shade at the swimming pools. All the staff and service is exceptional and friendly. The hotel is very close to everything, supermarkets, Disney, shopping centres. Some of the on site restaurants are very expensive and the better priced ones close 3 evenings a week. There a number of swimming pools and an amazing one on the roof top at the hotel. There are 3 exceptional golf courses.
We would return if we were in the area again. My husband went to the Spa and said they were fantastic and friendly. Service and friendliness is above average at this hotel.

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The Sushi lobby, the spa, pools, the service, everything was excellent!!! Except the restaurant Forte, where I was served a fish in deterioration process. It smelled and tasted like ammonia, was terrible.
Accomodations were nice and there is a great watet park inside the resort also.

• Stayed July 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family of 3 stayed at this resort on July 26-29. Our stay was fantastic. Our accommodations were in the Sunset Villa Condos. It was a 3 bedroom condo. Excellent accommodations, the room more than met my expectations. We had way more than enough space. My daughter enjoyed her separation her room was in the front of the condo where our room was in the rear of the condo. The furnishings were great. The room was cleaned everyday oppose to most condo accommodations. There was a full kitchen that we enjoyed because we were able to cook instead of dining out every night. The resort grounds were impeccable very well kept. The resort has an onsite water park with a lazy river and slide that we visited. It was pretty cool for it being onsite of a resort. We did not have to rent the water tubs for the lazy river as another hotel that I was interested required you to. That was a plus. .My only complaint at the water park was that the poolside service was less than desirable We had to almost hunt someone down to get service plus they didn’t have my beer of choice however overall very nice. The staff over all was very pleasant and we felt very welcomed. We dined in the onsite restaurant in the main building one night and I wasn’t impressed with my food actually I was quite disappointed I ordered the salmon there was some type of olive sauce that I pre-requested that it not be included however when the food came out it was on my salmon. I had to send it back. When the second entree came out the salmon was dry so I just nibbled on my daughter’s food because I was no longer hungry for a full meal. But in spite of it was still a great experience. I would come back again.

Room Tip: Our accommodations - The Sunset Villas were kind of secluded away from the noise so if your looking...