“Excellent trip” 4 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

excellent staff and help in booking the excursion. would recommend it to all as i was a complete novice and felt very safe and had a great time

Monaghan, Monaghan, Ireland
6 attraction reviews
“Rude, lazy service. Expensive, dull ride. Not worth it at all.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I went to Horse World stables with my father to experience western riding. We picked an intermediate ride only because we could not make the unreasonable times for the advanced ride. However we thought it would still be worth it. We were very wrong. The ride was from 2-3 so we had to be there from 1.30 (we were actually there from before 1 as we over-estimated the time to get there). When we arrived we went into the office and gift shop. The gift shop was very shabby and only sold tat and I was disappointed to find it sold nothing for horses! We signed the forms and were asked to pay $105.31. Where I come from, you would never be asked to pay the 31c, so straight away we were put-off. However we said nothing and paid. While waiting we noted that there were a number of horses standing tacked up in the arena. We thought it was very lazy for the horses to have not been untacked, for the sake of a few minutes work. There was also a few horses out in paddocks with no shelter from the sun which we thought was unreasonable. We also got the chance to find out that the toilets were very dirty and smelled awful, for which there is no excuse.

When 2 came around we were given a speech on the ridiculous rules and regulations which other reviewers have mentioned. We thought we would be heading straight out on the tacked horses, but instead we had to wait for other horses to be tacked up and for every rider from the beginner ride to be mounted as well, even though we could have left without them. Eventually at 2.25 we were heading out. The trail was very dull, just consisting of riding around the woods in circles, and coming very close to a very busy road. Whilst out, the saddle on my fathers horse slipped because it hadn't been tacked up properly. He had to dismount and get it sorted out. We were very surprised to realise at 3.10 we were heading back in. We were off the horses by 3.15, 10 minutes short of our hour. When we went back into the office to collect our bag, the 'lady' walked right past us without even acknowledging us, and dealt with another customer. When she was finished she asked us how it was and so we told her we thought it had been a little short. She disagreed looking at the clock saying it was about an hour (never minding that we were off the horses about 10mins by that time!), she also said it depended on how fast the horses went anyway!! Which is the stupedist excuse I have ever heard!!

The only good thing about the whole experience was that the guide was a lovely girl who answered all our questions about the horses and everything else whilst out on the ride. The horses were as would be expected from a trail riding stables - safe and quiet.

I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Visited January 2012
Castle Douglas, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place would definately go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I am surprised at the negative reviews on about this place. We had a really lovely time here. My daughter and I went on a ride, she was desperate to do it (I hate horses!). There had been very heavy rain on the weekend and we went out on the Monday. There was a lot of sitting water which spooked my daughters horse a bit but the trail was really beautiful, well worth going on a horse just to see it. The Florida sunshine was shining down through the trees and the spanish moss hanging down it was truly stunning. Our guide ended up leading my daughters horse and he told us all sorts about Florida life and wildlife. We saw two deer standing in a clearing, my horse went over the top of a snake at one point and I saw what I thought was a big frog but it was a huge cricket thing. While we were away my husband and other two daughters waited at the stables and had a nice walk around, very peaceful. It is a shame the gift shop isn't a bit more tempting they could really make something of it if they stocked horsey gifts.
All in all it was a really lovely way to spend half a day, or on the days between the big parks where everyone needs some time out.

Visited October 2011
Tampa, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Horse World outdoor experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We had a nice ride at Horse World after trying to get into the Magic Kingdom which was at capacity when we arrived. It was a little pricey at $50/pp but the trail and facilities were nice and they seemed more concerned about safety than other places. A couple of girls did get thrown from their horses when the horses got into a fight but it seemed to be because the two were riding side by side which you are not supposed to do. A nice experience overall.

Visited December 2011
Calgary, Canada
“Don't Pay Extra For Advanced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

I looked around for a few days to find a good trail riding facility with more advanced riding. My friend and myself are both advanced riders (we have been riding for 20 years). I was excited to find Horse Worlds different levels of riders trail rides. The price was $80.00 per person for a hour. I was willing to pay the amount if for an advanced riding if it was as good as they said so......unfortunately not!! When I called to reserve my ride they were quick to tell me you could only ride advanced ridding two times a day 8:30 and 9:45, I chose the 9:45 but was told to be there at 9:15.

When the day came to ride we showed up at 9:15, it looked really charming on the outside but as soon as you walked into the office building it STUNCK like human fecal matter, it was soo gross I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. I stood in front of the desk to pay for 10 minutes no one was in the store all you could hear people in the background talking. Finally someone came out took our money and told us to meet at 9:45, we had 30 minutes to kill sitting in the car sooo boring we could have easily been there 10 minutes before the ride.

As for the "advanced" trail ridding it was a joke!
1) It was a short circle(we went around it at least 5x)
2) It was next to the road
3) The horses are sooo old the can't lope without sounding like their having a heart attack
(one horse was 22 and the other horse was 25 just cruel to old horses)
4) Our "guide" didn't know any question I asked and texted on the trail

It was the biggest waste of money ever spent on a vacation!! I would never go there again nor recommend it. (as for the "we work for tips" maybe they should try working in the service industry first.

Visited December 2011