“Excellent budget motel, best in area, clean , safe, great staff” 5 of 5 stars

Studio 6 Orlando - Kissimmee
5733 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #92 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
michigan
“Excellent budget motel, best in area, clean , safe, great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

We have made this our new vacation motel. We found it by mistake 3 years ago when we had car problems and had to extend our vacation.
This is a budget motel so that is what we expected. Extended stay 6 have a cleaning once a week. We found the room to be very clean compared to some we have stayed at. The only thing I can say was there was a bit of lint between the bed and nightstand. I usually take lysol wipe to wipe everyting down in the room no matter where I stay due to son with medical issues. We did empty our own trash each day. The outside trash cans were full each morning but emptied by afternoon. No problems with the maids. One gal was super nice and cleaned our room while we were there. If you do need extra towels or clean linens you can retrieve them from the office if it's not your scheduled cleaning day. We used the laundry facality, it was the usual run of the mill with a detergent machine.The staff was very frinedly. No hidden resort fee. 2 story motel with no elevators.The kitchentte was a big plus traveling on a budget. The air conditioners do leave the room with a musty smell, but it is florida. I have not stayed in a disney , or florida hotel that doesn't smell musty when running the air all the time. The beds were ok. 2 doubles , not the best but not the worst. A few nights we did hear our neighbors tv and dog, but quieted down early.Not to far from disney to go back for a afternoon break. I did not see no odd activities going on in the times we stayed there. The pool was nice and well cared for. Charcoal grills on site. For us the price is great , yes there are a few inconviences but we ar not picky people, we know that going in , just looking for clean, safe. For a room with a kitchenette and clean you can't beat the price. We are average people who are mainly looking to cook some of our meals , sleep and spend most of our time out of the room. Thanks studio 6

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
st.louis,mo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

I stayed here for 4 nights and with the exception of my bed not made up when i arrived, it was the cleanest one i have stayed in. I think the front desk guy name mario ?? was very friendly and helpful . I would defenitely recommend this to anyone who asks for a good cheap and reasonable place to stay while down in orlando area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

We chose to stay at Studio 6 Extended Stay motel, which is another division of Motel 6 because it was extremely reasonable, and close to the attractions. Also, we stayed in their Studio 6 extended stay motel in Dallas, TX, and we were extremely pleased with it. So, we had no doubts regarding the quality of this motel. This motel appeared to be clean; however, when we went to take a shower, we found moldy residue coming through the cracks around the upper portions of the shower. In addition, there was a blackish/brownish sludge on the ends of the shower handle. We were told that they only cleaned the rooms on Wednesdays. Unfortunately, we had to pay them extra to clean the room every day. What a waste because they only gave us “cleaned”, stained linens and no removal of the residue in the shower. Each time we returned to our room, there was a strong "deodorized" fragrance. It was quite pleasing at first, but then we realized that the fragrance was masking the mildew fumes coming from the air conditioner. Sorry to say, this mildew ridden ac was adjacent to the bed. Overall, this motel is reasonable and conveniently close to the attractions, but they need to seriously improve their cleaning regiments.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

We've paid only 35per day. Nice clean room. big refrigerator. You can cook your meals there. free parking. laundry. well located. pets alowed.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Decatur, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

I spent 7 nights at Studio 6 in mid-April and was worried that it wouldn't be that nice. I traveled alone and on a tight budget ~ couldn't believe the room was just $28.66.
The room was perfect. I'm a non-smoker and couldn't smell any cigarette smoke. Many times I've stayed in non-smoking rooms that reeked of cigarette smoke. There is a small mirrored closet complete with iron and ironing board if needed.
There was a single queen size bed, extra linens and pillows to make up the sofa bed if needed. (Some rooms have 2 beds). My bed was very comfortable.
You enter the room and straight ahead is the kitchenette and little dinette table with 2 chairs. Refrigerator, coffee pot, 2 burner stove top, microwave, sink, stocked with utensils, dinner ware, pots and pans. I bought bleach to wash down the items I used ~ just to be safe. A Publix is about 2 miles away and I bought groceries there. The Studio 6 is set off the road it was quieter and I didn't hear "road noise". Easy to find because it's landmarked by Old Town which is across the road and McDonalds that is at entrance to the motel.
It was close enough to WDW (average 6-7 miles) theme parks that several times I left and returned to eat lunch in the room. Like I said I was on a tight budget. I drove my car and had no trouble getting around Kissimmee to get to WDW.
The swimming pool area was clean and never busy. Staff watered and fertilized the flowers/plants, so it was well landscaped. Any staff I met were very helpful and friendly.
Pets are welcome for a $10 nightly fee, so I brought my spoiled rotten Chihuahua. You will see lots of dogs "visiting" the dog walking area.
I still can't believe it was so inexpensive. Studio 6 certainly met my needs. I will return and Definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
stuarts draft va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

we stay at this motel twice a year we love it. great room love the place we go to old town just about every night. the room are big and love the kitchen. the handicap parking is really good we would recomed the motel 6 to anyone that goes to disney and to kissimmee. disney is just a couple of miles away

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
New Brunswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

I am a retired person and was nervous about booking this place after reading a couple of the review, but I am so glad we booked here. It is in such an excellent location. You can walk to so many great shops and restaurants from here. We had lots of room and we could have had as many towels, etc., as we needed. The pool was cleaned often- the yard and the rooms were kept very clean. Lovely kitchen facilities. We just went up the street to the grocery store and stocked up the fridge and cupboard. So nice not to have to go out for breakfast if you don't want to. Old Town is just across the street and that provides lots of entertainment in itself. The office staff is very helpful. Lots of folks from Ontario stay here. Everyone very friendly and any noise is all over by 9:30 PM, and there wasn't much noise at all.It is just far enough in off Irlo Bronson to not have the street noise so that is a big bonus. I would definitely recommend this place. We felt safe at all times and there were no drug dealers around anywhere. Lots of parking here too

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Studio 6 Orlando - Kissimmee? Share your experiences!