“Clean, Comfortable, Friendly Staff, Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Studio 6 Orlando - Kissimmee
5733 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #80 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Decatur, Alabama
“Clean, Comfortable, Friendly Staff, Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

I spent 7 nights at Studio 6 in mid-April and was worried that it wouldn't be that nice. I traveled alone and on a tight budget ~ couldn't believe the room was just $28.66.
The room was perfect. I'm a non-smoker and couldn't smell any cigarette smoke. Many times I've stayed in non-smoking rooms that reeked of cigarette smoke. There is a small mirrored closet complete with iron and ironing board if needed.
There was a single queen size bed, extra linens and pillows to make up the sofa bed if needed. (Some rooms have 2 beds). My bed was very comfortable.
You enter the room and straight ahead is the kitchenette and little dinette table with 2 chairs. Refrigerator, coffee pot, 2 burner stove top, microwave, sink, stocked with utensils, dinner ware, pots and pans. I bought bleach to wash down the items I used ~ just to be safe. A Publix is about 2 miles away and I bought groceries there. The Studio 6 is set off the road it was quieter and I didn't hear "road noise". Easy to find because it's landmarked by Old Town which is across the road and McDonalds that is at entrance to the motel.
It was close enough to WDW (average 6-7 miles) theme parks that several times I left and returned to eat lunch in the room. Like I said I was on a tight budget. I drove my car and had no trouble getting around Kissimmee to get to WDW.
The swimming pool area was clean and never busy. Staff watered and fertilized the flowers/plants, so it was well landscaped. Any staff I met were very helpful and friendly.
Pets are welcome for a $10 nightly fee, so I brought my spoiled rotten Chihuahua. You will see lots of dogs "visiting" the dog walking area.
I still can't believe it was so inexpensive. Studio 6 certainly met my needs. I will return and Definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
stuarts draft va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

we stay at this motel twice a year we love it. great room love the place we go to old town just about every night. the room are big and love the kitchen. the handicap parking is really good we would recomed the motel 6 to anyone that goes to disney and to kissimmee. disney is just a couple of miles away

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
New Brunswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

I am a retired person and was nervous about booking this place after reading a couple of the review, but I am so glad we booked here. It is in such an excellent location. You can walk to so many great shops and restaurants from here. We had lots of room and we could have had as many towels, etc., as we needed. The pool was cleaned often- the yard and the rooms were kept very clean. Lovely kitchen facilities. We just went up the street to the grocery store and stocked up the fridge and cupboard. So nice not to have to go out for breakfast if you don't want to. Old Town is just across the street and that provides lots of entertainment in itself. The office staff is very helpful. Lots of folks from Ontario stay here. Everyone very friendly and any noise is all over by 9:30 PM, and there wasn't much noise at all.It is just far enough in off Irlo Bronson to not have the street noise so that is a big bonus. I would definitely recommend this place. We felt safe at all times and there were no drug dealers around anywhere. Lots of parking here too

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Fredericton New Brunswick Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

This is Studio 6 Extended Stay not Motel 6. This Studio 6 is cross the Road from Old Town in Kissimmee. They have a heated Pool and all rooms have a Kitchenette and all the dishes and frying pans etc and full size fridge. The rooms are newly renovated and the pool is heated outside. I stayed here last Winter and I am back again this winter. If you do not like Canadians it is not a good place to stay. Other than that this place is prices below everyone else and it is clean and friendly and run by an American Girl. If you see a bad review on this place it is probably from someone who got boot from here for breaking the rules or something. A lot of the residents in winter are retired snow birds. Pets are permitted and they have internet in each room for a small charge for the druation of your stay. Today they had a FREE BBQ and I did the cooking. Everyone seemed like one big family happy to be south for the winter. So if you need info just emial the Manager Debbie and tell her Rex sent ya. I am from Newfoundland now retired in New Brunswick. Make sure you make reservations way in advance. In summary IT IS THE BEST DEAL IN TOWN.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Davenport, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

Awesome location and great value, the rooms are a nice size and very clean and new looking. The biggest drawback is the fact the walls are paper thin and the amount of people dealing drugs out of the rooms, smoking pot and loitering around the hotel are a huge concern.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

I was extremely nervous about booking this hotel prior to our trip in June. I searched online several times to find information about this hotel and came up with nothing. (Which is why I requested Tripadvisor add it to their site, so I could post a review and some pics!)This was our first trip to Disney and although it would have been nice to stay on property, it wasn't in the budget. I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel, nothing fancy, but CLEAN!! So, I finally decided I would take my chances.

The hotel ended up being exactly what I was looking for. It's your basic, run of the mill, room with the added bonus of a kitchenette. The kitchenette had a full size fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee pot and 2 burner cook top stove. It was furnished with dishes for 3 (which I thought was a bit strange, you'd think they would have had 4), pans, utensils and 2 sets of kitchen towels. There was a Target Greatland and 2 Wal-Mart Supercenters within 5 minutes from the hotel. So, it's convenient to pick up food items. (The Wal-Mart also had discount tickets to all the attractions and some souvenir items!!)

Everything in the room was clean. We booked the room with a weekly rate and were advised that the rooms are only cleaned once during that week. We spent minimal time in the room, so this wasn't an issue for us. (We mainly needed a place to sleep and shower!) However, clean towels (bath & kitchen) are available at the front desk.

We had no issues with security. Our belongings were left untouched during the stay. They did have safes in the lobby that could be rented (not sure of the price).

The hotel sits back a bit off of the road, so it was quite. Though, some friends that stayed (we had a total of 5 rooms) said they could hear the TV from the next room through their wall.

The pool was also clean. Very refreshing after a long day at the parks. There were several tables and lounge chairs, an outdoor shower to rinse off, and restrooms. We stayed at the parks until closing and then swam when we returned. The pool hours were supposed to be 9-9, but the card key reader worked all the time. We were in the pool at 10, 11, 12 .... However, the pool is only about 50 yards or so from the rooms, so we kept the noise down.

All in all this was a great place to stay for the price. I really enjoyed the kitchenette. Though, I refused to do any real cooking - this WAS vacation!! It was very nice to have the fridge, freezer and microwave. Also, it was nice to have access to the pool in the later hours. I liked the location of this hotel. It took approx. 10 mins. to get to and from the Disney parks and there are several restaurants and other activities (go-carts, mini golf, Arabian Nights, Medieval Times, etc...) nearby. Also, if you need a break from the theme parks you can always take an hour or so drive and hang out at the beach for a day.(We went to Clearwater Beach during our stay, approx 1.5 hrs away.) If your looking for a clean, budget friendly, no frills hotel, this is it!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Studio 6 Orlando - Kissimmee? Share your experiences!