“Great value, Clean rooms & only a few minutes from Disney and other attractions.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Studio 6 Orlando - Kissimmee

5733 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746   |
Ranked #72 of 156 hotels in Kissimmee
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

I was extremely nervous about booking this hotel prior to our trip in June. I searched online several times to find information about this hotel and came up with nothing. (Which is why I requested Tripadvisor add it to their site, so I could post a review and some pics!)This was our first trip to Disney and although it would have been nice to stay on property, it wasn't in the budget. I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel, nothing fancy, but CLEAN!! So, I finally decided I would take my chances.

The hotel ended up being exactly what I was looking for. It's your basic, run of the mill, room with the added bonus of a kitchenette. The kitchenette had a full size fridge, microwave, toaster, coffee pot and 2 burner cook top stove. It was furnished with dishes for 3 (which I thought was a bit strange, you'd think they would have had 4), pans, utensils and 2 sets of kitchen towels. There was a Target Greatland and 2 Wal-Mart Supercenters within 5 minutes from the hotel. So, it's convenient to pick up food items. (The Wal-Mart also had discount tickets to all the attractions and some souvenir items!!)

Everything in the room was clean. We booked the room with a weekly rate and were advised that the rooms are only cleaned once during that week. We spent minimal time in the room, so this wasn't an issue for us. (We mainly needed a place to sleep and shower!) However, clean towels (bath & kitchen) are available at the front desk.

We had no issues with security. Our belongings were left untouched during the stay. They did have safes in the lobby that could be rented (not sure of the price).

The hotel sits back a bit off of the road, so it was quite. Though, some friends that stayed (we had a total of 5 rooms) said they could hear the TV from the next room through their wall.

The pool was also clean. Very refreshing after a long day at the parks. There were several tables and lounge chairs, an outdoor shower to rinse off, and restrooms. We stayed at the parks until closing and then swam when we returned. The pool hours were supposed to be 9-9, but the card key reader worked all the time. We were in the pool at 10, 11, 12 .... However, the pool is only about 50 yards or so from the rooms, so we kept the noise down.

All in all this was a great place to stay for the price. I really enjoyed the kitchenette. Though, I refused to do any real cooking - this WAS vacation!! It was very nice to have the fridge, freezer and microwave. Also, it was nice to have access to the pool in the later hours. I liked the location of this hotel. It took approx. 10 mins. to get to and from the Disney parks and there are several restaurants and other activities (go-carts, mini golf, Arabian Nights, Medieval Times, etc...) nearby. Also, if you need a break from the theme parks you can always take an hour or so drive and hang out at the beach for a day.(We went to Clearwater Beach during our stay, approx 1.5 hrs away.) If your looking for a clean, budget friendly, no frills hotel, this is it!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)

Been to Studio 6 Orlando - Kissimmee? Share your experiences!