“What we expected” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Isanti, Minnesota
“What we expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Spent 8 days there. It was a studio suite meaning it had a tiny kitchen with refrigerator, range, microwave, a few dishes and a sink. It was about what you'd expect from a Motel 6: reasonably clean with a minimum of amenities. Had a little trouble with the kitchen light, otherwise stuff worked. It has a great location in the middle of Orlando area attractions, but in a quiet setting. Limited office hours if you need help, but good staff while they are there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
stuarts draft va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

we love this place. very good motel to stay in right outside of disney has everything you need right there in the room. we stay there everytime we go to flordia. right across from old town and about 5 miles from disney and about 15 miles from seawold. the people in the offic is realy nice t

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

if u r going to disney this is a great place to stay, way affordable n 10 min from park so when u get drenched on water rides u can run and change lol housekeeping was good on keeping us stocked. we stayed 3 yrs ago had same rooms and service so was impressed that hadnt changed all spoke good english and the best part is they still allow smoking and pets business people smoke too and its no worse then the strong chemicals they use to clean. and NO bugs in 5 days.thanks

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fredericton New Brunswick Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

It is almost entertaining to read some of the latest negative reviews. This is Studio 6 first of all not Motel 6 which is next door. This Studio 6 is run by an American Girl Debbie who runs a tight ship. One of the negatives reviews was written by someone who wrote up many reviews and none of the places he/she stayed at were given positive reviews. Remember this if you intentionally break the rules you might find yourself looking for another place to stay. I think some of the negatives here came from such people.
I have stayed several winters at Studio 6 and I found the Management and staff to be very friendly and always went out of the way to make our stay more enjoyable. I guess the people who wrote the negatives have been accustomed to 5 Star Resorts and found this place not up to their standards. I am being sarcastic.
If you want a clean, safe and low priced place to stay this STUDIO 6, remember this is not Motel 6, is a good place to stay. Lot of times people stay at Motel 6 and write up Studio 6. They are close to each other.
The fact that I had to go get new towels daily is not such a challenge. I did not have to pay for them so what is the big deal. This is one of the reasons why the rates are so low here. If you find a bug in your room have someone come take care of the problem this is Florida remember so keep your doors closed if possible. So in summary if you’re looking for a place to stay for a long period of time that is close to Disney this is the place to stay. The pool is clean and heated, you have to go to the office to get FREE pool towels, and there are lots of places close by to eat. Do not pay too much attention to the negatives consider the positives. I do not work for Studio 6 I am from Canada and I am also retired Military and I have traveled a lot in my time. I have never run into a problem caused by neglect from the cleaning staff or Management that was not fixed when reported. Debbie the manager does take a personal interest in the welfare of her guest. If you think I take the time to write this for her you are mistaken I take the time to write this so YOU can save yourself money and stay at a safe clean location close to Disney without breaking the bank. There is nothing in this for me except knowing that GOOD REVIEWS can outweigh the couple of undeserving NEGATIVES. I would suggest that others who have stayed here and enjoyed their stay and liked the idea they did not spend too much to write about their stay. Anyway cheers from Canada and thank goodness there is a place run by an American Girl still available. It is a good idea always when traveling to check out your room before you pay for it. This way if there is something that has been overlooked you can have it fixed then and there BEFORE it becomes YOUR ROOM.

Room Tip: Close to the pool and away from Motel 6 Parking Lot. This way you do not get the noise of Tractor T...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

First night we stayed pull out bed was full of French fries. Matteress stained and so was the pack and play. We said something the next morning, the associate who told us there were no rooms left so we were unable to move rooms. The next morning we found 2 live cockroaches in the room. They were very rude and told us they would only refund us the upcoming night if we chose to go elsewhere. They assured us it was no big deal and could move us to another room that would not have bugs. After moving to the new room, we went swimming and when we went to change, we found another roach alive in the bathroom. The staff was very rude and accessed me of bringing the bugs in my bags to the hotel! I was very offended! STAY AWAY!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012
Brownsville, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed here for five nights. When I got there they had already charged me a night for the reservation. I was then asked if I wanted made service or not for a price difference. The room was a little shabby. The sheets looked like they were just thrown on and the pillow cases were dirty with stains. The beds were very lumpy. The kitchen was in short supplies. The shower and bathroom floors appeared dirty. There is no one in the office after 8pm (I believe) until the following morning. The wifi and phone service is horrible. The room next door had people up all night and they kept the TV on all night as well. The laundry room was extremely hot. I have statyed at or Studio 6 and Motel 6 but this is the first time I was extremely disappointed. I would not recommend it for more than a nights stay. Yes Disney parks are within 5-10 minute drive depending on traffic.

Room Tip: See it first before accepting!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I made a reservation for downstairs rm i spoke to the assistant manager madelin and was told that would not be a problem. when i arrive they didn't have one so we were put in 106. the room one bed was soiled with dog urine also the floor had urine under the bed. we were in the rm 2 days and my friend recieved 60-70 BED BUG BITES. we had to beg to be removed from the room. there bug man wasinthe room the day they moved us and confirmed the bed bugs but the hotel didnt tell us till 3 days later so wecould take precautions not to transfer thebugs to the new room! all management did was give us a roll o f quarters to wash our clothes. which when we did a guest staying there removed wet and put on a chair! also don't expect a good nights sleep as we had kids beside us who soundedlike they were comming through the wall and when they left the cleanning staff for a wk banged around in the room. then they had a family with kids who ran around the room. and all the hotel could say was its a hotel dont' stay here cause they dont care about their guest. its all about the money which they dont give back they also put you out if you complaint to much !

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Studio 6 Orlando - Kissimmee? Share your experiences!