“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 76 Activities in Kissimmee
Type: Dinner Theaters, Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: Surrender to an age of bravery and honor and witness epic battles of steel and steed during our ALL-NEW SHOW. From ringside seats, discover a feast of the eyes and appetite with more action, more fun & more excitement than ever before. As you thrill to a rousing live jousting tournament, marvel at awe-inspiring horsemanship and falconry, Medieval Times serves a four-course meal fit for royalty. Hang on to your helmet. The show is about to begin.
West Lothian, Scotland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2006

Always wanted to come here after seeing the sequence with Jim Carrey and Matthew Broderick in the Cable Guy. This was a truly awesome show , really professional. The food was fabulous...a whole half chicken, ribs, potato and loads of beer to wash it all down. Anyone going to Orlando definitely has to make the effort to give this place a visit.

Dublin, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
“Loved Medieval Times”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2006

I went to see Medieval Times on the 14th of September 2006 and loved every minute of the show.

The food was excellent, the show was excellent.

I would agree with another reviewer that you really have to let your inner child out to get the most enjoyment out of the show but I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting orlando.

Titusville, Florida
“Adult Royalty worth every penny!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2006

I've been to MT several times and everytime had a wonderful if different experiece. This time I went for my birthday. My mother in law had purchased the Royalty package for my husband and I and we brought along our best friend. This would be my first time sitting that close to the action.
We mis-judged our drive time and arrived a bit earlier than we expected - but walking around the town area and wandering through the gift stands passed the time quickly.
My friend bought a "birthday Princess" package for me which included being "knighted" while we waited - a bit embarrassing but fun none the less.
We were seated at Table 2 in the Black and White knight's section. Once we were seated I couldn't believe how wonderful being close was. Having everything just feet away was worth the extra money. You could actually see the sparks fly off the swords during fights and knowing the knights could pick out your face when you cheered or booed made it feel like you were an important part of the show.
The food was good if a tad bit greasy - Our waiter or "slave boy" was wonderful If you ever have the chance to have Joel serve you go for it! The Soup was actually better than I remembered and you barely notice the lack of silverware.
After dessert I was served a piece of birthday cake with a single candle after making a wish (and wondering how I was going to eat it without getting icing everywhere) Joel asked me if I had wished for a fork. Finally a wish come true!
I was a bit dissappointed that the best night (which happened to be the black and white) didn't win but it did fit the storyline - can't have the princess without her true love can we?
All in all a wonderfull night - and one of the best birthday's a girl could have!

Newbury, New Hampshire
4 attraction reviews
“Great show; family fun; cheer and boo with the kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2006

Excellent; the tripadvisor reviews were right about this one, a lot of fun and worth the money. Medieval Times (MT) was impressive.

We did research on the activities in the Orlando area and MT came out on top of the evening dinner activities. With our deep dislike for the standard & enforced breakfast with timeshare sales people in order to be allowed ticket discounts through the hotel, we found a local vendor via a website by FlorideTicketOrder that turned out to be super. By coincidence, on picking up our ordered tickets, the vendor's location was opposite MT and we asked if there were tickets still available at MT. They managed to hook us up. A simple 300 ft drive across the road with tickets in hand, and we arrived in perfect time to get a good table for the 8.30pm show.

My wife, seven-year-old son and four-year-old daughter joined me.
Parking out the front we were rallied by a set of strategic placed ushers that guided us through the medieval village, allowing the stream of arriving guests to snake past a collection of medieval objects on our way to the ticket office and finally to being allocated a table. There were lots of medieval objects to see and ponder over; some of the displayed devices of torture my four year old wished not to understand. The line moved quickly.

On allocating a table, ask for a table on the 50 yrd line i.e. the middle. In the case of this show an Orange/Red and Black/White table. The plastic tickets we were given indicated the color of the table that we would be seated as the well as the table number.

Having joined the line at about 7.40pm, we were in the main reception just after 8pm.

We bought drinks at the reception bar, which for the kids turned out to be pointless as two free drinks were served once seated at the table, a choice of coke or a light beer. Other drinks could have been ordered from the waitress; my wife order white wine for $5. Next time, I would have the kids wait for the coke once seated.

When entering the reception we were given paper crowns to reflect the color of our table; in this case, orange & red. On entering into the main dining room the colors are announced to sequence the flow of guests to their tables.

We really enjoyed the action, horses and general show. The acting and story line is not sophisticated, but the talents displayed in both horsemanship and composed fighting were very impressive. I was glued to the fighting scenes; they obviously practice a lot. My seven year old son loved it all; my wife too.

There is lots of opportunity to wave flags, cheer on your knight and boo the opponents. There did not seem to be much in terms of crowd management, but fortunately the audience found a healthy balance of passionate involvement and self-control. It was a lot of fun.

The food was great. My wife and I expected a lot worse. The chicken was filling. No cutlery to help out, but you soon overlook the use the hands. The drinks provided were bland but fine for the kids.

In all a very enjoyable evening which the family enjoyed. Still impressed with the skills of the ‘artists’. Worth the cost, and I would recommend to anyone who likes to heartily cheer the good guy and voracious boo the bad guys. Enjoy!

Malvern, England
9 attraction reviews
“Good fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2006

My family and I went to Medieval Times in May 2006. We had a good time, the show was good fun and they have pretty souveniers to buy. The food was nice, but be prepared to eat with your fingers! My niece and nephew really liked it and enjoyed cheering on the knight.
Its good fun for all ages.