“Very good but YES there are too many optional extras to buy” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 76 Activities in Kissimmee
Type: Dinner Theaters, Performances
More attraction details
Owner description: Surrender to an age of bravery and honor and witness epic battles of steel and steed during our ALL-NEW SHOW. From ringside seats, discover a feast of the eyes and appetite with more action, more fun & more excitement than ever before. As you thrill to a rousing live jousting tournament, marvel at awe-inspiring horsemanship and falconry, Medieval Times serves a four-course meal fit for royalty. Hang on to your helmet. The show is about to begin.
Florida
11 attraction reviews
“Very good but YES there are too many optional extras to buy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

First, dinner was delicious! I was fully expecting the food to be average or horrible. The chicken was hot temperature, soup excellent, and pastry was fresh. Be warned: you will not receive silverware unless you order the vegetarian option! That made it even more fun though and after the "feast" you get a disposable individually wrapped hot warm towelette. We were in a party of eight. One person in our group had a vegetarian plate that was very nice! It included beans and rice, hummus/chips, vegetable shish kabob. Everything was fresh, hot and seasoned perfectly. Don't expect personal service here. The waitstaff goes down a line so if you run out of drink no one will come offer a refill. There is a separate server who comes buy to offer only alcoholic drinks from the bar. When you enter the venue you can either browse the gift $hop or order a $25 cocktail. You can keep the keepsake glass but who can drink all of that before the show? Also during the show staff comes buy with all types of flags, photos of you and your party, glow sticks, glow flowers and more. That part got to be annoying. We could have done without all the sales.
There was a wedding going on in the side room and they were seated together in one section. It was small enough and didn't deter or interfere with anyone else's enjoyment of the show.
The show itself was very good. The horses are beautiful, as was the falconer with bird act. I thought the acting would be cheesy but it wasn't. The costumes were also great and authentic looking. The fantasy of it was a lot of fun. Plus, you get to cheer and boo the performing knights and each section is seated in a team to cheer for your competing knight. This is a show you want to see once every couple of years. As much as we enjoyed it I would not go back right away. Great for tourist families.

Buffalo
8 attraction reviews
“Well worth the cost, sold entertainment that is different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2009

Recently in Orlando for a Convention and attended the dinner show with a group of 20. We all had a great time and really enjoyed the show. The drinks are expensive, but that is to be expected. The food was adequate, but the real attraction was the show, which we thought was very well done. The time flew by and for the money, it was well worth the cost. It was the first time for all of us and no one was disappointed.

UK
18 attraction reviews
“Such a Shame!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

We have been to Medieval Times twice before and enjoyed every minute, so decided to go this time again. What a mistake.

The show has been revamped and is now long, dull and boring. The waiter we had in the blue section was so slow that the food arrived a long time after everyone else, parts of the meal were missed and he still had the cheek to demand a tip. They now only server coke or coffee during the tournament (although coffee never appeared) and if you want a beer, you need to pay $6.50 for one.

It is such a shame since this used to be an excellent family show well worth the visit and now it is not worth it at all, could not recommend this less.

N. Ft. Myers, FL
14 attraction reviews
“Get ready to have fun and drop some serious cash!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

We were celebrating my husband's birthday and wanted to do something unique. It was suggested that we arrive 1.5 hrs. prior to the show to be sure we didn't miss the knighting. (I paid $20 to have the "king" call up my unsuspecting husband and knight him for his birthday.) We toured the medieval village which was quite fascinating for the adults but our 9 & 3 yr old could have cared less. We then re-entered the main facility to have our pictures taken and wait. The bars have a variety of alcoholic and non drinks. Two margaritas, two beers and two non-alcoholic frozen kid drinks plus tip was $55! We wandered about the vendors then just stood waiting in the great hall for the show to start. There were several groups of teens there. We later found out that they were high school kids that came by bus. The kids started doing this excessively loud chanting thing. It was truly deafening! No other conversation could take place. This went on for about 30 minutes. I watched the staff for their reaction and they kept looking puzzled at one another. However, no one did anything. We were finally allowed into the dining area. The front row seats were really good but in hind sight I think even the upper level seat would have been equal for view. The chanting started again and then the banging of the pewter mugs and plates even though the instruction given before we entered was not to do this.

The show was really impressive and entertaining. My kids sat throughout the entire presentation (9yo with high functioning autism and a 3yo) and even participated with their banners. The food was really delicious and satisfying.

I was disappointed in the photographer coming around to do the group shot and then informing me that it was an additional fee. I also did not like the girls that walked back and forth in front of us trying to sell light up items geared toward the kids. Finally, I was a little surprised when I was handed a note from the server indicating she did not get any gratuity from the price we paid for dinner. I have lived in FL for over 20 years and usually gratuity of 20% is automatically included for dinner shows. No where on her note did she say she could take a credit card so we struggled to pull together enough cash. Then we were worried. Should tip her per person in our group or 15%-20% of the dinner portion of the bill? I felt very pressured here! We decided to give 15% which was about $40. As we left we noticed others were giving $5 bills for a couple (gotta love tourists on budgets). Just as the show was ending the teens started their chanting again. If I am dropping $400 for dinner the last thing I want to hear is a bunch of ill mannered punks making a scene. I felt it the duty of the restaurant to curb the bad behavior for the sake of their other patrons. I was shocked to see as we left that those kids actually had chaperones with them. Great guidance! If your kids can't behave when away from home perhaps they should stay in the "hood"!

Great live show! Good to occupy the kids and still entertain adults. The price is WAY high to begin with but to keep offering additional services for fees is obnoxious. Make a price be inclusive of all items and I think you will fare better!

Throughout the show / meal the kids would occasionally do this chant thing which was still way too loud but at least it only lasted a few minutes.

Philadelphia
14 attraction reviews
“Expensive!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

We went to an 8:00PM show, and the crowd was thin, but we had fun. The show was top notch, but the food was a joke. There are no waiters, just expediters who just run food at the speed of light to keep up with the show. it is also VERY over-priced.