“Bad, Nasty, stay away” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
candyfloss40
“Bad, Nasty, stay away”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

When you first arrive the reception etc makes you think you are in for a real treat.....Maybe we just got a bad room and all the other rooms were lovely. I did complain about our room but was told there were NO other rooms that we could move to and was left feeling any future complaints would fall on deaf ears and would not yield results..so I did not bother.

The housekeeping was consistent...beds made daily. I do not think the sheets were changed more than once during our 2 weeks. Clean towels daily. The towel rail in bathroom was hanging loose from the wall. I had to leave note asking for loo roll. I did leave small tips each day hoping we would get a better clean....but it does not matter how good the housekeepers were (and they were average) you could not make that room look clean. The carpet was seriously stained..I will post pics soon. I am sure it was or is pet friendly so I wonder how many of those stains can be blamed on animals?

I took my own blanket, sheet and pillow and I am glad I did....The first night there it was late so I did not take much notice of the sheets etc but when I woke the following day I noticed that both beds had flithy sheets so I asked housekeeping to change them...Oh and a few times one or all of us said we had been bitten...

There were 2 pools BUT the pool near our room was for WHOLE 2 weeks out of action.

All I can say is if you like this hotel then you are either easily pleased or you got a great room with clean carpet and clean sheets etc.

I would never stay here again...not in a million years.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Yeovil, Somerset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

We stayed in this hotel as part of a cruise and stay package. This hotel was clean and served a purpose. We were only sleeping there and not spending quality time there. The location is ideal, its a lot better than International Drive. Our only problem was the noise, it sounded like we were sleeping on top of a generator, it was noisy, and the walls were thin, but the hotel staff were very accommodating and put in a room with no neighbours.

The rooms are cleaned every day, the decor is a bit dated but overall if you want a hotel that is cheap, close to the parks (not walking distance), clean and friendly then you should stay here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

Hotel is at a great location. Easy access to I-4 and all the parks. For the majority of our stay we stayed at the Inn section. They needed to repair a water main and offered to upgrade us to the towers. We didnt move bc we werent going to be in the room when the repairs were happening, but a few days later a large group of teens moved in. Then we upgraded.. I wish we would have done it sooner! Try to get a tower room as soon as you check in. They are much larger, have a closet and a microwave and kitchenette. Hotel staff was friendly. You do have to sit at the conceirge desk in order to get your parking pass. They will offer you a timeshare presentation, but weren'ty pushy. I just said "no thanks", and that was it.

Weigh you options with the shuttle: If you take the shuttle it picks up at 8:10, and the earliest you can return is 5:45. Not so great if you have little ones needing a nap. And the shuttle makes *several* stops on the way back to the hotel. It took us over an hour to get back and the park is a mile away.

They have 2 pools, but 1 is always closed. They also have a pool table and game room.They arent much to speak about. Our room was clean, no issues there, and ice is Free :o)

Overall , we would go back. It cost us $221 for 8 nights.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Tampa, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

First off, I can't complain too much since I paid only $33 per night. I mean, what was I expecting? The location of this hotel is GREAT! 5 mins to DIsney! The room they gave us was in the old "motel" part of the property. Room was very dirty, lots of long black hairs everywhere! That night, the A/C kept blowing the light cover in the bathroom creating a very loud crashing noise that woke my fiance and I up several times. The next moring, I went to report the problem and they were very helpful. The lady was honest and said Im not sure if the repairman would get to it that day so she offered us a much nicer room in the Tower section. MUCH MUCH nicer room. The hotel has lots of great ammenties. Bottom line, for the price it was a great deal. If you need something super nice, don't stay here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

Been there for 5 nights in March 2010. Close to Disney parks, and many restaurants around.
Had a parking view room and it was fine. Large clean room, nice bath with a lot of towels.
Service and staff were o.k.
We had a very good price with easyclicktravel.com.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
mountainwestbest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

The Ramada Gateway in Kissimmee was a very pleasant surprise. The staff was friendly and helpful; the location is close to everything including DisneyWorld and the rooms were clean and spacious. There are several pools, restaurants, and a nice lounge. Parking was ample. We have nothing but good to say.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Jacksonville FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

This is our 14th year coming to the Orlando area for MLB spring training. We have stayed a several different hotels over the years, and this is our third year at this hotel. They offer good value for the money, especially in the tower rooms. Their Florida resident promotion during this period is one of the best deals around.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Kissimmee Gateway? Share your experiences!