“Great value, good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Kissimmee Gateway

You added Ramada Kissimmee Gateway to your Saves list
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7470 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
25% Off 2-Night Stays
Ranked #43 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Durban, South Africa
“Great value, good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Hotwire deal, stayed a week. Great value for $$$$$ and shuttle was only 12 mins fro Epcot. At Epcot take a monorail to Magic kingdom or a bus to others. Pool was clean. We had a courtyard room which was dark. Room stinks of cleaning fragrance and carpets need a good steam clean. Free wi fi was great. Ask for a room with natural light. Away from courtyard. Lots of restaurants close by..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was very worried about staying here for a week of our 2 week visit to Florida after reading the reviews on here- but don't let them put you off- this is a great hotel!

We stayed in a ground floor courtyard room next to the gym (and didn't hear a bit of noise from the gym), and while yes they do need a bit of updating it was still clean and comfortable. Also one of the largest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in, we paid for the basic cheapest room but it had the biggest most comfortable bed I've seen in a hotel room, and we even had a seating area with another TV in addition to the one near the bed. We had a large fridge with icebox (perfect as it was very hot!) and a nice large working AC unit.

The hotel itself is very nicely done, and has a pool, arcade room, bar, deli and onsite restaurant. I would recommend just going to the deli rather than the restaurant, the pizza we had from the deli was very nice but the all you can eat breakfast in the restaurant wasn't as nice. The pool was always clean and stocked with towels- I also enjoyed the garden area- perfect to sit and read a book in the sun! The hotel bar offered free drinks between 5pm and 6pm most nights of our stay, and while it was only pints of lager or wine still a really nice gesture for the hotel to offer, and I was surprised more people were not taking advantage of this.

We booked our tickets for Universal at the hotel rather than going up to the park and it worked out cheaper which was nice. We also used the free 8am shuttle to get up there, but did end up getting a taxi back for around $40 as we didn't want to wait until 6pm for the return bus (there was enough to do to keep you there until 6pm if yo go when its busy and you have to queue for rides, but we had no queuing at all). Overall very pleased with this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't be put off by the bad reviews of the courtyard rooms- they are very convenient for the poo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

When I first arrived I loved the hotel lobby however when I arrived to my room I wasn't too pleased. At first the TV didn't work however we got that working and Ii just felt my room attracted the most bugs. Now I have stayed in hotels in Florida before and I had never seen so many bugs however staff were nice and always would take them away for me. I feel as if the rooms could be re-done because the paintwork needed to be re-done. I also
I found that staying across from the swimming pool was quite noisy especially when you are trying to go to sleep. I also found that the A/C could get rather noisy too.
The shuttle buses were always packed so I'd say make sure you wait for the bus from early. I did think they need a later shuttle bus as I went to Busch Gardens, so I had to take the shuttle to SeaWorld and then the BG shuttle. However by the time the BG shuttle came back to SeaWorld my hotel shuttle had gone so maybe you guys should think about that.
Other than that staff were so nice to me. Always having conversation. My pancake breakfast was always yummy. The girl at the deli in the evenings always entertained me.
Overall... Great staff but such a basic hotel.

Room Tip: Don't choose one by the pool!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Have seen lots of negative reviews about this hotel and was pleasantly surprised during our stay, rooms are basis but in good condition cleaned every day
Les than a mile to World Drive
Hotel really quiet and pool was empty most days staff very friendly check in and check out fast and effective.
Obviously not aiming at Hugh end customers but is really good value

Room Tip: Lowe pool area nice and quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Staff very friendly caring about your stay and what you need when there. Tower Rooms have microwaves and refrigerator. A must for me.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The house keeper was so sweet kind and helpful. Her name was Shannon I believe. She is a plus to your Hotel and she should be given a raise. I always get to know the staff cause I travel so much with my husband's company....We were here on business for 4 days. The staff at the this little food Deli especially the young ones were very friendly, kind and helpful. The food could have come out sooner, it took very long on some nights, but this staff was honest about times and was very caring about us waiting. When we got our break from work we couldn't wait very long then have time to eat... All the girls who worked in the hotel ( at food Deli)when we were there for the Dart Tournament. The only things negative for me is Front Desk staff could be nicer. More of them when you know many people are checking in or at least be able to call someone to help them,Checking in and checking out Was a nightmare.

Room Tip: Tower Rooms were very nice and I will be staying here again. Microwave and refrigerator a plus...A m...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Apopka, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding recently and after reading the bad reviews for the hotel I was pleasantly surprised. I would definitely stay here again. The wedding was beautiful and the amenities of the hotel were very nice. The only complaint I had was that the mini fridge leaked in the room . I meant to inform the staff but with the preparations and festivities of the wedding it went to the very back of my mental file......... All that being said, I will definitely stay here again! I love surprises !!!!!.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family