“Ramada” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Sao Paulo
“Ramada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I apreciate very much the hotel , it is well located, and the clerk Pamala was very helpful, she offered us a room upgrade and also promptly located our orders that were made ​​by internet and delivered to the hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Walterboro, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hotel was easy to locate and we were impressed with the the fact there was a security guard. The lobby area was nice and the staff friendly. We got there during karaoke time so it was very noisy in the lobby. I booked 2 rooms and were able to get them side-by-side, which was nice. The rooms in the back of the property are very dated (think 80's) but we were really more concerned with a bed to sleep in, and for the price and location...well, you get what you pay for. My father had a difficult time with the door lock on his room. Maintenance was notified and the problem was somewhat fixed (at least well enough I didn't worry about my father hurting his shoulder trying to get his door unstuck to open). The clincher, however, was after returning from a day at the amusement parks, we had a note in our rooms saying the hot water system was going to be replaced that following morning at 7am and would be off for a minimum of 7 hours. Really?? A hotel full of tired tourists and there would be no hot water after 7am? We thought a 10am hot water cutoff would have been more reasonable for guests (who keep the place in operation) and would still alot plenty of time before the next round of guests check in and want to shower.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
As a point of clarification,unfortunately the hotel had one of two hot water boilers fail, and with a full hotel, we were concerned about getting a new boiler installed. Our engineering department communicated to the front office that they would need to start repairs in the morning, and the front office generated a notice to guests stating that the water would be turned off at 7 AM, sending notices to occupied guest rooms. When it was discovered that the plan was to start that early, it was immediately changed and 10 AM was the scheduled time to turn the water off. Apparently, not all notices were pulled from the rooms, however any guest that called the desk was notified that we had until 10 AM before the repairs were going to be made.
It is interesting to note that this guest would highlight a review with a serious negative that didn't happen. Hopefully, our Tripadvisor readers will look at some of our other negative comments with a little bit of question.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The place is a little run down and could have used a little bit of a re-vamp but it was still ok. I mainly booked it as it had free shuttles to the Disney parks and universal parks. Didn't use the pool, but it did look nice. Really close to heaps of restaurants and convenient stores. Nice steak/ribs pace next door and a small supermarket which was good to buy some drinks to put in our fridge. Also a souvenir store and a theme park tickets outlet next door.
A putt putt course also close. About 10-15 min walk.
The room was really big for a standard room and good value. Free wifi which was good. Bathroom run down but still ok.
It had everything you needed considering you don't spend much time in the room. Only really to shower and sleep.
If you're not looking for anything flash this place will suit you fine.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor near the pool under the large shelter thing. It was hard to tell each mo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was nice, but the service we got in the restaurant was great. Our server, Robyn DiBartol was WONDERFUL!!! She went over and above to help us. Robyn is an asset to this company. The hotel is a little older but it was very clean.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Okay, this isn't a resort or 4 star hotel. Now that we have go that out of the way, lets talk about the 5 star staff. I went to this hotel for the first time on some voucher program and before I arrived, I had every preconceived notion. Before I left, the staff made me believe that you do not have to have top dollar to be treated top notch! There was a woman in reservations, I think her name was Susan (my memory fails me, but hers did not). One day I was sitting in the lobby as my kid played in the game room and a nice lady came up and struck up a conversation and gave advise as to the local attractions and was just plain friendly. Come to find out she was in reservations, and the one that had helped me book my trip. she instantly remembered my name, and was happy to meet me in person. She actually used her lunch break to make me feel welcomed and I do not think that it is customary to tip the person in reservations, but i did, She exceeded her call of duty and made me a life long fan of Gateway Ramada, i have since been there a few of times (plan on returning in the next month or so) and i hope to do so for years to come.

Kudos to ALL the staff at the Ramada Gateway as you are the STARS of this hotel! Especially the ones that are over looked, like the cleaning staff and reservation agents.

ALSO the breakfast buffet is to DIE FOR!!! Fresh, hot, well seasoned and plenty for the entire family! My kid wakes me up asking when we are going to breakfast, In fact, that is the primary reason they want to return... for the home style meals!!! (That says a lot for my cooking!) There is a wonderful woman named Cleo that makes omelettes that are out of this world. just go and try it... this is QUALITY.

On the down side and keeping it honest, if you stay here go for the tower or the better rooms. The hotel is dated, can used a redesign to keep the microwave and fridge TOTALLY away from view of the toilet area. i know that a door separating the two but the thought grossed me out.

Overall, good place to stay if you are not planning to spend much time in the rooms. The grounds have a lot to do and even the guest intermingle well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

On the positive side, staff were friendly and helpful.
The rooms are very dated and, whilst clean and well serviced daily, are far from the standard I expect from the Ramada name. It felt like a sixties holiday camp room!
Only had breakfast there one morning and it was poor.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I booked my 7 days package with British Airways. I took the Mears airport shuttle which was good value of around $33 round trip (on the way back I had plush taxi to myself due to the love sick pootles going AWOL before pick up time).
After sniggering childishly at people being dropped off at the Gaylord hotel I instantly experienced Karma but seeing the Ramada gateway was the final drop. Not a plush or cosy as the Gay Lord (now stop it at the back!) but fingers crossed everything would be fine and dandy.
On check-in i had the most surly looking guy on reception. I had to hand over $25 security deposit before signing in and being given my electronic card key. I was told my room was an upgrade by the swimming pool . I trundled with my blue dolly suitcase across the courtyard to find my room on the second floor. The card didn't work so an engineer was called over to change the battery. I tried to engage in awkward small talk for several minutes and fawning over the free coffee and toiletries (I was tired), alas he was not amused. After debating to myself whether to tip or not the job was done.
The room itself was spacious, clean and tidy. The fridge did rattle and hum like the ancient air con system which played havoc with my tinnitus. My room was close to nearby service vents which didn't help. That night i didn't sleep as the noise was so bad. At 4am I pleaded for a change of room which the kind woman on reception , looking amused did. The next room was 6 doors across from my previous but I couldn't fault it (apart from the leaking toilet when ever you flushed) but no I wasn't going to complain any more and gladly accepted my room.
For what I paid the room in general was okay and I had a pleasant stay. The noise from people using the pool at night could be loud but usually finished around 10pm. So I didn't mind. The Chambermaids cleaned and tidied the room every day like magic pixies as I never saw or heard them due to being out for most of the day, so it was pleasant coming back to a serviced room.
The hotel provided free theme park shuttles usually twice a day to Disney, sea world, and universal. I booked a trip to the Kennedy Space centre from the concierge desk without any problems and reasonably priced. I didn't eat at the main restaurant but did order take away pizza from the diner on the premise. staff were friendly and happy to give advice. Across the hotel stretch nearby you can find plenty of fast food joints and gift shops. I recommend the Indian restaurant the" clay oven" which served the best Indian meal I've had in years.
On my last evening the surly receptionist appeared more friendly and supported me with reorganising my return Mears shuttle to the airport for the following morning.
I enjoyed my stay and would recommend.

Room Tip: unless you enjoy loud, clanking air com. test before you accept room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Ramada Kissimmee Gateway? Share your experiences!