“Expected better from the Ramada brand” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #44 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
England
“Expected better from the Ramada brand”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

On the positive side, staff were friendly and helpful.
The rooms are very dated and, whilst clean and well serviced daily, are far from the standard I expect from the Ramada name. It felt like a sixties holiday camp room!
Only had breakfast there one morning and it was poor.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I booked my 7 days package with British Airways. I took the Mears airport shuttle which was good value of around $33 round trip (on the way back I had plush taxi to myself due to the love sick pootles going AWOL before pick up time).
After sniggering childishly at people being dropped off at the Gaylord hotel I instantly experienced Karma but seeing the Ramada gateway was the final drop. Not a plush or cosy as the Gay Lord (now stop it at the back!) but fingers crossed everything would be fine and dandy.
On check-in i had the most surly looking guy on reception. I had to hand over $25 security deposit before signing in and being given my electronic card key. I was told my room was an upgrade by the swimming pool . I trundled with my blue dolly suitcase across the courtyard to find my room on the second floor. The card didn't work so an engineer was called over to change the battery. I tried to engage in awkward small talk for several minutes and fawning over the free coffee and toiletries (I was tired), alas he was not amused. After debating to myself whether to tip or not the job was done.
The room itself was spacious, clean and tidy. The fridge did rattle and hum like the ancient air con system which played havoc with my tinnitus. My room was close to nearby service vents which didn't help. That night i didn't sleep as the noise was so bad. At 4am I pleaded for a change of room which the kind woman on reception , looking amused did. The next room was 6 doors across from my previous but I couldn't fault it (apart from the leaking toilet when ever you flushed) but no I wasn't going to complain any more and gladly accepted my room.
For what I paid the room in general was okay and I had a pleasant stay. The noise from people using the pool at night could be loud but usually finished around 10pm. So I didn't mind. The Chambermaids cleaned and tidied the room every day like magic pixies as I never saw or heard them due to being out for most of the day, so it was pleasant coming back to a serviced room.
The hotel provided free theme park shuttles usually twice a day to Disney, sea world, and universal. I booked a trip to the Kennedy Space centre from the concierge desk without any problems and reasonably priced. I didn't eat at the main restaurant but did order take away pizza from the diner on the premise. staff were friendly and happy to give advice. Across the hotel stretch nearby you can find plenty of fast food joints and gift shops. I recommend the Indian restaurant the" clay oven" which served the best Indian meal I've had in years.
On my last evening the surly receptionist appeared more friendly and supported me with reorganising my return Mears shuttle to the airport for the following morning.
I enjoyed my stay and would recommend.

Room Tip: unless you enjoy loud, clanking air com. test before you accept room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Chatham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Over the moon with our 2 week stay. Had a huge car park facing room next to reception. Parked right outside our door every day. Good wifi signal. Excellent air con, big flat screen tv, fridge. To be honest the bed was far too big for the 2 of us and extremely comfortable. Coffee maker, iron, ironing board and hair dryer in room too. Toilet wouldn't flush one morning and it was fixed within 10 mins of reporting it. The magic show is well worth attending and the bar has free drinks between 5 & 6 every day !! Karaoke wed, fri and sat nights.
Perfect location to visit Disney and all the other attractions. Ample resteraunts within walking distance. We would stay there again without a doubt.
Martyn n Lorraine.
England.

• Stayed June 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We just returned from a 2 week fly drive in Orlando, with this hotel being part of the package for the two weeks.

The package we got was rather cheap, and the accommodation reflected this. But we were happy as we were hardly in the room as just used it as a base.

Our room had two queen beds which was ideal for my family of four, and the hotel was in a great location for Disney parks and local restaurants.

Within the room we had a fridge which was rusty along the bottom. We had an issue with our bath not draining which was dealt with within half an hour. The bathroom sink push up plug didn't work and became stuck, so we had to leave it out throughout our stay. One night we realised we were missing a pillowcase, but after two phone calls this was rectified. On the first Saturday of our holiday there was extremely loud music coming from the pool and a party seemed to be going on, called reception and they said it would be off by 11pm, and it was. But still think it was wY too loud.

Overall if your looking for something cheap and cheerful then good value for money.

• Stayed June 2013
Cannock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here for 3 weeks ending 17/06/13.
After reading other reviews we were dreading our stay, However we are pleased to say our room was clean and done daily, staff were friendly. one day when we had a slight leak with the airconditioner I called reception and the man was there to fix it within 2minutes and was all fixed within 5mins.
we had a room that over looked the car park which suited us better as some night we were so tired after long days and nights at the theme parks we just wanted to get the kids to sleep and ready for the next day but some nights even at 11pm people were still playing in the pool and some evenings there we a lot of childrens screams which we only heard as we passed through the hotel as our room was on the f4ront. but if we had a pool view room im sure we would have heard in the room.
We did go to the Hotel Diner which was nice however service could be quite slow, we also went into the on-site resturant Mulligan’s Sport’s Bar however we dint eat we had a look at the buffet food which didnt look very nice so we left.
There are lots of amazing places to eat on the same strip as the hotel and also a fantastic location it was so easy everyday getting to the theme parks, Not sure about the hotels transport as we hired a car.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a pool view room as very noisy of an evening
Westerville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Hello, my family just finished up a 3 day stay at this hotel in June of 2013. We selected this location due to location to MK and the rest of the disney parks and the price was right at $163 for 3 nights. We were placed in the two story section (motel section) of the hotel on the second floor. The hotel reminded me of a 70s hotel decor. This is a no frills experience. It was fairly clean but the shower pressure was real low. It did smell a little moldy but I didn't see any mold anywhere. The tv was not high def and was not a flat screen. the two queen beds were ok but not the most comfortable beds but satisfactory. All in all, we would go back there because the price was right and the staff was very nice as well. The pros outweigh the cons. I would recommend this hotel for price and location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a nice shower as water flow was weak in our room.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Staff really friendly. Surprised to see shampoo/conditioner, soap, towels, tea and coffee ect in rooms. BIG thank you to Malvern and co-worker for helping me with my flat battery - you saved me!!! Lovely breakfast too

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Kissimmee Gateway? Share your experiences!