“For a ** hotel I was well impressed!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #42 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“For a ** hotel I was well impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Staff really friendly. Surprised to see shampoo/conditioner, soap, towels, tea and coffee ect in rooms. BIG thank you to Malvern and co-worker for helping me with my flat battery - you saved me!!! Lovely breakfast too

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

1,132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I've learnt something over the last few years of staying in hotels. Don't take any notice of bad reviews unless EVERY single one of them is bad. There are some bad reviews out there for this hotel and I'll be honest - they are totally uncalled for.

I've been to Orlando several times now, and every time we stay in similar accommodation, off of Disney property, and this time was no different. I booked this hotel through BA when I booked my flights, and yes it was relatively cheap and cheerful. But it was also very comfortable.

Upon checking in, the hotel has parking spaces right next to the entrance plaza for guests checking in which was wonderful. I spoke to a very helpful lady behind the reception desk who began to check me in which was relatively painless. I mentioned that I'd like the wifi password if possible as the rooms come with free wifi, and the receptionist changed me to a room facing the pool as she reckoned I would get a better signal - what brilliant service!

After driving to my room and lugging my case in I was pleasantly surprised. The room was perfectly large enough, 2 massive beds so could sleep 4 adults if needs be, plenty of room to move around, it was clean, and the air conditioning worked. The wifi had a good signal throughout my entire 2 week stay and was of a high speed. The TV was a new flat screen LG tv, 32inches, the curtains were in good condition and blacked out any light from outside. The bathroom was a little on the dark side, but then I've noticed this with hotels of this type abroad, so it really didn't bother me at all.

The housekeeping was of great standard. When the housekeeping staff clearly realised only one bed was being used and I was using all the pillows in the room on one bed, they made up the bed just how I would like it after a couple of days which just added a nice touch.

Would I stay again? Yes I would - infact I have just booked again for another trip in November.

What more do you need!?

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool have better wifi signal than rooms facing the parking lot
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
sheffield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This hotel is a perfect base for Disney it's just on the end of world drive, you can get to all the parks within 5 mins, the rooms are basic maybe could do with a refurb but are clean ( motel rooms not the tower ) we stayed here for 2 weeks and was placed in the rooms to the back of the hotel room number 377 I was concerned at first as I had read some negative reviews about these rooms but to be honest there ideal if you don't want disturbing which I think you would get if you by the pool.
The pool is well maintained and there is 2 you also get provided with pool towels which is ideal, other good points was a hair dryer was provided in the rooms which was good, negative side was the staff wasn't that helpful on reception but the maintenance staff were happy to help, I liked the hotel as you could just pull up in your car and you was straight in to your room.
There is a steak house next door and a Macdonalds and Denny's near by, also a supermarket is just across the road.
Overall a good hotel just for a base not if you want luxury.

Room Tip: If you want quiet then go for rooms on the back 377 is one.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed here in November 2011 & 2012. I will be again making my reservation for 2013. The hotel lobby was clean and well kept. My room and bathroom both times was clean smelled fresh. Regarding various employee encounters - The Manager Reinaldo Alvarez very nice and professional actually remembered me from 2011 when he found a box for me to ship my Disney purchases back home. He even asked if I needed another box! Checking in which was earlier than actual check in time - Melissa was able to take care of me! She was very nice and professional. My room this time was towards the back to the hotel and very quiet! I was on the 2nd floor & felt very safe upon leaving or returning to my room. From housekeeping, front desk and employees they were always friendly, smiling and spoke. My room included a continential breakfast which I took advantage of at the Smokehouse Grill - 2 of the servers Robin & Noelle were always friendly and professional. They remembered every day and knew what I would order and were very attentive.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel is more secluded and quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

After reading other reviews I wasn't expecting too much. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. We stayed in the motel part of the hotel which was admittedly a bit dated but very clean. There was 2 large comfy beds,clean bathroom and a fridge to put drinks in. The only down side was when we arrived the room smelt a bit foisty. We called in at the local Walgreens and bought some febreeze fabric freshner which soon sorted this out. When we arrived home my friend told me that most hotels in America smell like this because of the air conditioning and lack of windows and a balcony to ventilate the rooms.
The wifi didn't always reach the room but it wasn't a problem!! The pool had free towels and loads of beds around it. The restaurants and bar at the hotel are a bit lacking but there's plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance.
Please give this hotel a try its a bargain for the price you pay!!!!!!!!
Don't listen to all the other moaners who pay nothing but expect the earth!!! Our door key worked perfectly and all hotels are subject to a little noise.You are on holiday after all. There to have fun!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with a friend while we went to Disney. Overall this place was very nice, but my room was rather noisy. I was on the first floor, and I could hear everything around me. I could hear the housekeeping cart upstairs going over every single bump which annoyed me. Other than that, my room was very clean, the soap smelled REALLY good, and the location was great. I was able to spend the day at the parks, go back to the room to relax for a while, then return to Magic Kingdom for the fireworks. I like that the room has a refrigerator. With the heat in Florida it's always nice to get back to the hotel and get something cold to drink.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Willimantic, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel on our vacation from June 4th-11th, 2013. We got what we paid for.

Upon arrival the staff at the front desk was rude and they seemed annoyed. Never looked at me in the eye.

Our room was located in the middle of the hotel. Close to both pools, the laundry room, fitness center. However when I paid for the hotel thru Hotwire I wasn't given an option of what type of room to get so we got a "standard room". It worked for us because we weren't really going to be at the hotel much.

The room smelled very poorly. We had to purchase febreeze because it smelled so bad. The furniture was old. There was a small fridge placed on the floor. No microwave - if we wanted one we had to pay $5 a night.

The room was overall clean. Wi-fi was horrible... It would disconnect most of the time or it wouldn't work.

Room service was so-so. We asked several times for "regular coffee" and we kept getting decaf. Even when leaving good amount tips!

The hotel has a small bar that had karaoke one night and that was alright.

The "business center" was increibly bad! They charge $.20 a minute and $.75 a page! Not good if buying park tickets with the intent of printing at the business center.

The fitness center was pretty bad... Machines are out dated or didnt work properly.

Laundry room was reasonable.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Ramada Kissimmee Gateway? Share your experiences!