“Comfortable enough” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 158 hotels in Kissimmee
Central NC
“Comfortable enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

First, we arrived at 2:30 and were sent away because Checkin is not until 4. Of course, check out is bright and early at 10 - not great for a place with a 4pm check in. The maid was standing outside our door at 9:45 and when my husband went down to the car asked "are you done"?

By 4PM, the line was horrendous. You would think that, with nobody waiting to check in, they might allow you to check in early if your room is ready (they never bothered to ask our name before turning us away).

The room was ok - beds comfortable, ripped bedskirt, in need of better cleaning, but not filthy - no bugs (hint: cleaners, look UP - the vent in the bathroom was covered in a thick layer of dust & I think the furnace had some dirt coming out if it - black spots on the dresser across from the vent).

The floor could use a good scrubbing - it was clean, but dingey.

The wifi was down several times during our stay. Then the previously unlocked wifi suddenly required a password. It too was down a couple times - annoying, but not grounds for the near riot from the mob of angry guests.

The power was off for several hours one day - not sure if that was a hotel issue, but I suspect it was since the wifi still worked (irony).

The lady in the shop downstairs was a gem!

BTW, we stayed in the tower. Not sure I would stay in the low rise section. All in all, I think it was ok for what we paid.

• Stayed March 2013

1,151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Yes it is not the best and brightest but for the cost and location you cannot beat this hotel. I stayed here two nights recently in the tower and had no issues what so ever. The front desk was very friendly and check in/out was quick. The rooms were clean and beds were comfy. Did not hear a peep from neighboring rooms or from people in the hallway. I didn't eat in the restaurant or see the standard rooms so I cannot make an assesment on those things but as far as the tower rooms go they are pretty good. As others have stated on here, yes the wifi does not work unless you are in or near the lobby but if you are on vacation why don't you act like it instead of having your face stuck in a computer. Also yes I did see some of the hotel, not the rooms, worn down but if you think about it as many people stay here because of the location year in and year out you are going to get a little worn down. All in all I enjoyed my stay here and would come back. That is just my two cents.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Port St Lucie, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The location in relation to Disney World was fantastic! The hotel itself was fine, especially for the price. Unfortunately, the customer service we received was terrible. At check-in there was only one person behind the desk with about 6 people in line. A guy finally came out when it was our turn, but he was in such a hurry to get us through that he acted like I was bothering him when I tried to ask questions. My husband let his phone in the room & when we realized we called and let them know we would be back after 6pm to get it. When we returned to the hotel, the manager told my husband they couldn't unlock the safe until the next day! What?? It took at least 30 minutes to retrieve the phone. Even with all that, I would probably return to this hotel if it weren't for the extremely uncomfortable beds. Even doubled over, the pillows were lumpy and barely there. Bring your own pillows! Since I enjoy sleeping between park visits, we'll probably find somewhere else next time, but others may have better experiences.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel 2 weekends in March and will be staying there next time we are in Orlando. The location is great, the staff is nice and the rooms were clean. other than the people in the room next to us partying down when they got back from the bar and the alarm going off at 2:30 (neither a fault of the hotel) we have Zero complaints. **TIPS** they have a FL. resident discount - but you must ask for it. You can request a poolside or garden view room at no additional charge. I highly suggest this if you are a light sleeper as the parking lot gets quite a bit of late loud traffic. Also, they offer a breakfast bar that isnt too bad for $9-10 - note that the gratuity IS included in that price, but the sizzler has a breakfast buffet for $5.99 that is way better and it's literally 1 mile away. This place is definitly not a resort, but for the $$ it's a good stay.

Room Tip: pool and garden facing rooms are quieter - ask about FL resident discounts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I would totally stay there again the rooms were very clean the service was very well my kids enjoyed the pool the most overall it was great it was with the price the beds were soft and it was quiet my family felt safe and the area was very nice

• Stayed March 2013
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The hotel stay overall was worth the money paid. If you dont plan on spendng your vacation at the place its perfect. They advertise kids eat free at the resturant for dinner from 5-9pm so we went there for this reason only, the service sucked I had to flag down the waiter every time we needed a refill, he seemed like he was in a hurry. The food was even worse. My husband ordered the cuban, without mustard. When it was finally brought out the waiter told him the sandwiches were premade and mustard was on it... The cole slaw that came with my pulled pork was about a week old and warm... We figured kids are eating free so its cheap anyway but then when we get the bill kids were charged!! Apparently you must order a pasta or "entree" to get kids eat free deal.. I wasnt aware pulled pork and a ruben were an appetizer. It mentions none of this on the brochure just says kids eat free... For what we paid for this nasty old food we could have gone to a nice place. The waiters excuse was that they have to make up for the kids eating free somewhere!!! I thought me staying out there hotel was making up for it, guess not.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower
Heiloo, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was here from 17-27 February, and booked it in september. In the meantime i read a few bad reviews and i was a little afraid for what i cood expect.
I got a decent room on the poolside, at the second pool, very happy with that (i traveled alone, and send an e-mail in which i asked for such a room, and i got it, feels safer than a room on the parking side)

The room was nice, with 2 beds, clean, a little bit old furniture, but i don't care about that.

Every day i got 8 clean towels, in different sizes, great!

I only had contact with the staff with checking in and checking out and once i complained about the wifi, they started the server then again. Wifi works good, but sometimes it's necessary to break the connection, and then make a new connection again to make it work.
But this was fine for me.

The first pool has warm water, but i little bit busy there, and the second pool has colder water, but nice and relaxed, almost no people there, i layed there one afternoon, and it was very nice to read a book.

Nice, decent room, for a 11 days stay in Orlando. In an area with very much restaurant, if you don't have a car ( i had one) it's also possible to walk to restaurants such as Ihop.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Ramada Kissimmee Gateway? Share your experiences!