“Just a nice place to stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #44 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Heiloo, The Netherlands
“Just a nice place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I was here from 17-27 February, and booked it in september. In the meantime i read a few bad reviews and i was a little afraid for what i cood expect.
I got a decent room on the poolside, at the second pool, very happy with that (i traveled alone, and send an e-mail in which i asked for such a room, and i got it, feels safer than a room on the parking side)

The room was nice, with 2 beds, clean, a little bit old furniture, but i don't care about that.

Every day i got 8 clean towels, in different sizes, great!

I only had contact with the staff with checking in and checking out and once i complained about the wifi, they started the server then again. Wifi works good, but sometimes it's necessary to break the connection, and then make a new connection again to make it work.
But this was fine for me.

The first pool has warm water, but i little bit busy there, and the second pool has colder water, but nice and relaxed, almost no people there, i layed there one afternoon, and it was very nice to read a book.

Nice, decent room, for a 11 days stay in Orlando. In an area with very much restaurant, if you don't have a car ( i had one) it's also possible to walk to restaurants such as Ihop.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel 4 days of current week and I extended my stay for one more night. This is our first time in Orlando and we really liked it. The rooms those located in the tower are very nice and comfortable beds in it, This is not a 5 star hotel you can see it but the front desk especially Malven the overnight agent is very kind and helpful. I know usually hotel managements they forget about the overnight people, that is why I want to mention his name because he really takes care of this property and he knows how to connect with the guests, he has the control of the front door like who is coming in-out, he acknowledge the guests with a nice smile and he is very professional. He is a great asset to his team. I should not forget the Housekeeping. I dont know in whose section I stayed in but my room number is 1511 and she really did a great job. As a few negative comments I should mention HSK needs to vacuum or clean the carpets better and you should not let any pizza guys to come to the floors for sliding their menu papers under the doors. It does not make your guests to feel safe in your property. Anyway I ended up with booking this hotel for the next week even I will be using the airport which is about 45 miles away from this location. By the way the main airport is closer than the one I am using. Kissimmee is a very nice area with full of attractions also a way nicer from the downtown Orlando. Once again friendliness of the Ramada Gateway Kissimmee staff especially Malven is a great asset to this city's tourism& reputation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have stayed at a variety of hotels on my vacations yet I have not met anyone as helpful as the staff at the Ramada Gateway in Kissimmee! They were are friendly and resourceful; especially Nilda who went out of her way to accommodate some special needs we had during our stay. I would go back again in a "heart beat"!

Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I had booked the room before reading the reviews on here so needless to say I was a little worried after reading some of them. We we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. Yes the rooms are a little outdated, but they are nice big room, very clean and the place has everything you need.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the garden instead of the parking lot if you are a light sleeper as the outsid...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel is wonderful! Very nice and clean! The employes are very nice and friendly. The pool is very clean, we went to the bar very good price 5-8pm happy hours.Next time we go we will book that hotel for sure :)!
Julie&Randy
Gatineau,Qc, Canada

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Wanted to stay in a decent hotel in Kissimmee on a limited budget, read a lot of reviews on here and decided to book the Ramada Gateway...and I got to admit I was not dissapointed.
We were offered a reasonably priced upgrade to a Tower room on the 8th floor (top) overlooking 192 and Disney and took it. We are a family of four and my sons loved the view.
Yes the room did show little signs of wear and tear but nothing major to write home about, they were clean and well kept. Room amenities were all there as stated in the description though the air con was on the noisey side when on. Luckily being February (cooler at night) we could turn it off before going to bed.
Hotel has a GREAT deli where you can pick up a burger or pizza etc and eat in or take up to your room, really convenient after a long day at the Theme parks.
Location of hotel is EXCELLENT for Disney fans, with only a 10-15 min drive to the Disney Parks. Universal Studios is about 30-40 min drive from hotel depending on the traffic on the Interstate 4.
Also a free Shuttle service to all parks though this was a rather limited service which meant crowded buses, so be prepared to stand.
Overall a very good 2 week stay in the Tower room at the Ramada Gateway and would consider it again in the future.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Tower room and ask for facing 192, you can watch the Disney Firework displays in evenin...
Buffalo, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Some of the reviews i have read where a 3 star. I had told the hotel i could not give them a good review. The out side looks terrible but lobby was nice. We where first put in the back of the hotel in a like a laundry/garbage area and the beds they gave us one was used and not changed the bedding. I check before unloading the truck things in the room. So the desk moved us to a room in front of the pool which was the cold pool not heated one and that pool was never cleaned. The heated pool was keeped nice. But for the new rooms toitet was clogged and had to have that taken care of. Well we only sleep their but by the 7th night the toilet was clogged again. Later that night after midnight it was clogged again and they sent a security guard to are room with a plungger for us to do it well that did not go over well. It stayed clogged till we left the next day. The toilet ran slow every day and explaine that to them. First room we received free breakfest buffet. When we left they would not refund any money because i got it threw orbiz a third party company. I will be calling Ramada. we also ran into pug outlets not working but beds very comfortable vs the quality beds at hotels for the ride home.

Room Tip: if your not worried about the getto look it may be worth it for a very cheap rate. One thing i can s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
While we want our readers to read all the reviews that are written, we ask that the reader throw out the ones that are extreme, In this case, referring to the hotel as a ghetto is a bit extreme and as this review seems to be surrounded by others staying over the same dates, we are not sure what this guest observed that made them feel the way that they did. All we can ask is that if there is something wrong with the room you are assigned on check in, please let us know immediately and we will be happy to move you to another room or fix the issue immediately. With the unfortunate situation of a clogged toilet, I am sure it may have been an awkward situation for the security officer on duty...... I apologize that you had to unclog your toilet yourself.

Been to Ramada Kissimmee Gateway? Share your experiences!