“Motel building needs renovations... badly” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #44 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Houston, Texas
“Motel building needs renovations... badly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in the motel building and had two rooms. I would have given only two stars if not for the very cheap rate we had ($49/night) during New Years eve. Considering the price, the place was a decent value, although I would have been upset if I had paid the $89 they were changing for new reservations (we had made our reservation far in advance and I had called about getting a third room).

The walls are paper thin.. we were awoken several times due to conversations outside. The room also smelled a little musty and the door lock was very difficult to open.

Unless you get this place really cheap, it's not worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the last 2 days of our holiday, and our whole holiday was ruined! Too many things to complain about, and I don't know where to start. 1. The people at the front desk were unprofessional and unhelpful. I wasn't able to connect to the Wi-fi from my room, so I went to the front desk, and the man told me there was no Wi-fi in my room, and I had to either pay to upgrade to the main building or use the free Wi-fi in the lobby. They claimed on their website there's free Wi-fi in every room! So I called Expedia and filed a complaint. When Expedia checked it with them, they immediately changed their words! They told me there was something wrong with the router, and would try their best to fix it, though I wasn't able to connect to Wi-fi in my room for a single second until I checked out. Cell phone signal was also terrible in my room (159). I had to go out of my door to connect to 4G and check my email! 2. When we wanted to call a yellow taxi, we simply called the number provided by the hotel, and were surprised to see a van came! I didn't check if it was from an authorized shuttle company, but everything we encountered was all you can imagine about an experience with total cheaters and I have to space to go into details here. Finally we were dropped at another hotel and had to took a yellow cab. 3. The last thing, remember the pool is closed at 10pm, even if you confirmed twice with the front desk, and were told it would be closed at 10:30pm!

Room Tip: Don't choose room 159. Poor cellphone signal!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

ramada gateway kissimee dated but clean stayed 5 days good location for getting around arrived late at night,but staff friendly,stayed in the tower on 7th floor as it has disabled facilittes,couple of problems though.shower can only be hand held so disabled person with use of only one hand which we had in our party cant wash without help also hair drier,set to high on wall,for wheelchair bound person.which i,m sure could be put right at no cost.have to thank shavanie on front desk for her friendly and helpful nature a credit to ramada.has a nice pool area with clean towels and plenty of sunbeds.bar is pretty dear,and staff hard to get hold of as they work the buffet as well.food wasnt bad but could get better value just outside plenty joints doing breakfast cheaper.but for a budget hotel better than others we have stayed in.worth it

Room Tip: stay in the tower quieter and better quality rooms also secure
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Great stay helped make a good holiday. down side breakfast, pre paid for continental breakfast and staff attitude towards you was poor however when we paid the 5 dollars to upgrade they had more time for you. Just felt everyone should of been treated the same and would if been easier if full was only option

• Stayed January 2013
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your honest feedback about both the hotel and the restaurant staff. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I apologize on behalf of our restaurant team for their initial treatment. I will definately share your comments with them!
Ringgold, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

If you are looking for clean beds and linen this is it. The maid service is excellent. The property on the other hand needs an overhaul. The door handle to our room was EXTREMELY difficult to open even after maintenance "tried" to fix it. There are no fans in the bathrooms.The hot water was tepid at best when taking a shower in the mornings. The carpet was frayed and worn at bathroom entry. These are all things that could be updated and changed easily. Some of the hotel staff the night of check in were not too friendly (or friendly at all) but the day shift was pleasant and accommodating. Would stay again because of location and rate, but if you are high maintenance this isn't the place for you.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Front Desk Supervisor was so helpful and friendly!! Ask for Malven Muzambi if you're there and you will get very personalized and caring service! Good breakfast server staff, except Olga. All the other kitchen staff were very kind and willing to offer their best service with pleasant greetings always.

Cleveland, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Overall I liked my stay in this hotel. The only two complaints I have is that the bed was too firm and I never did get the wifi to work. The bed was hard, and I have back problems. I had back pain every morning. Although I have had one hotel with a bed that was harder than this one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Kissimmee Gateway? Share your experiences!