“NICE CLEAN HOTEL” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Linden, NJ
“NICE CLEAN HOTEL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This hotel was located off Highway 192 which was perfect for getting around to the various golf courses me and my partner played at. Definitely ask for a Tower room since the rooms are newer. Our room was spacious with a King bed, table, chairs, mini kitchen area with microwave and small fridge. Free Wi-Fi is a plus and draw for me wherever I stay since I like staying connected.

The staff was courteous and the room was cleaned daily. Our stay was quite enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for a Tower location since the rooms are more spacious and newer.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The old part of this hotel is like something from a bad movie or CSI episode. The restaurant is appalling, & the ambience dreadful. When we arrived at the hotel, with a confirmed & fully paid booking, we were told by the two desk staff that our booking had been cancelled 6 months previously, so there was no reserved room for us. We knew this to be untrue as we are extremely organised & attentive to details, & had triple checked all of our bookings to prevent any such problem from arising. However the 2 staff could not agree, & offered us a lesser room at a higher price in the refurbished tower part of the hotel, so in effect, we had to pay again. Being tired & stressed after a $74 cab fare from the airport, we agreed to stay there. However we were of the understanding that there were regular & frequent shuttles to all of the Disney attractions, & this was not the case. We soon discovered that there were only two shuttles per day, & only one return shuttle at 10pm at night! Given that the only reasons that people would ever go to Orlando are Disney, and the Kennedy Space Centre, this seems ridiculous. However there were multiple other issues with this hotel including the encouragement to attend a time share talk in order to save money on the disney tickets, which ended up wasting 4 hours of our precious time rather than the promised 1.5 hours! DO NOT get sucked in to saving money by attending this session!!! On retrospect, we should have enquired about how far this hotel was from the disney attractions before checking in, as it was at least a 20 minute cab ride from most, and we spent way too much money on cabs during our stay. Dining options were also sadly missing from this hotel, and overall, it was not a satisfactory experience. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, stay in the tower. Otherwise you will be stuck around the swimming pool, whi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I use a wheelchair and stayed at this hotel prior to an event taking place in their convention center the next day. Last year I was placed in one of the rooms around the pool and the room were not wheelchair accessible. The bathrooms were small and there was no way I could take a shower. Getting to the toilet was extremely difficult because the grab bar was in a place that was completely useless. This I was placed in the "tower" and the rooms were very nice, a welcome surprise. My problem both years is the restroom accesible on the main level. The main restrooms are clearly marked with the wheelchair accessibility symbols. Inside are 6 extremely small stalls and there was no way to turn my wheelchair to get into the stalls. There are additional restrooms in the convention room but the doorways are to small for a wheelchair to enter so I have no idea if the inside had accessible stalls. I went back to the front desk and asked if I could get back into my room and the clerk reluctantly allowed me to go back to my room. I went up to the room and then came back and asked if the room could be available to me until our event was over. He told me no, I would not be allowed into the room again. Since there was still another 4 hours left for our event I asked to speak to a manager. I talked to Ms. Cooper and I showed her the situation in the bathrooms. She was very nice to me and assured me my room would be available for the rest of the day. While I appreciate the accommodation, I think it is time for a big hotel chain such as Ramada to remodel the restrooms.

Room Tip: If you need an accessible room make sure you are in the tower or main part of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have just returned from a 9 night stay in this hotel - I booked through BA.com for myself, my husband and our 10 month old baby boy. I had read reviews and was a bit worried but turns out that I didn't need to be! We arrived late at night and were speedily checked in to our room on the 7th floor of the TOWER, this is the key word, if you want a nice stay you need to book a TOWER room, the other rooms are motel style and much more dated and seem to be the cause of most of the bad reviews - The room was large, clean and had 2 double beds, table and chairs, tv, bathroom with bath and a mini kitchen area with a fridge/sm ice box and a microwave. We brought a travel cot for our little one from Walmart (super cheap) so I'm not sure if the hotel provide anything for little ones as I never needed to ask, Beds were fine - getting a little old and the decor was dated but we spent very little time in the hotel room so weren't fussed - each day the room was cleaned and towels replaced, we never had any problems :) I broke the towel rail one evening and after mentioning it to reception on the way out in the am, we returned to find it all fixed :) No safe in the room but they have them behind reception for no extra cost. If you stay in a Tower room, ask for one that faces out over the highway, you can see the Disney parks and each night we were in we watched the various firework displays! Lovely! We had a continental bfast (the staff at bfast were lovely and friendly) included in in our rate and it consisted of juice/tea/fruit/yog and bagel, just the right amount in my opinion, you can upgrade to full bfast for $6 pp/per day, we did it once and it was nice but nothing amazing, there are plenty of food options on either side of the highway to choose from and we got in bits from the supermarket too so we could eat in our room sometimes. We ate dinner from the snack bar one night and the pizza and philly cheesesteak were all good and not too expensive :) There is a little gift shop that is expensive and pretty tacky and a dest that can help with tickets but we had all our so never used it, never had time to use the pools either so cant comment on them. The hotel is super close to the Disney parks, its only 1 mile to world drive which has all the parks on it, maybe a 15/20 min drive to Universal, there was plenty of free parking at the hotel and there was a security guy on the gate every evening which is a nice reassurance - This Hotel was just what we wanted and needed for this holiday, so glad we stayed and if we were to return to Orlando in the future I would stay here again :)

Room Tip: Cheap, Basic 'base' hotel for a Disney Holiday
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

stayed at this hotel 6th december for 6 nights,room was ok,clean,but needs updating! friendly staff,especialy lucy at the front desk! nice selection of restaraunts nearby,as a single woman traveller felt very safe here

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Save your money and just sleep in your car, you'd have a better experience than at this place. Horrible rooms/service/location. There is not a single thing that does not have a negative feeling in regards to this hotel. Don't waste your money here.

• Stayed December 2012
RamadaGatewayGM, General Manager at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
It is disappointing to hear that the hotel does not have one positive aspect to it. While it does help to know what the expectations were and where we fell short, we are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Perhaps if we are given the chance to correct an issue we could have changed your opinion of the hotel. We do our best to make it right when something specific is brought to our attention.
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

A booking was made via another company to stay at this hotel for 4 nights. My partner and I arrived at the hotel. Upon arrival we found that the booking had been made. My partner asked the front office employee whether there was anything else owing and the answer was no. She then provided her credit card details as requested for any incidentals. We then proceeded to our room. The room was fine but the phone didn't work. It was also difficult to sleep some nights with people yahooing up until midnight. The nightmare started on our second night when we returned to our room and our access cards would not work. We went to the front desk to advise one of the front office employees and she told us that we had been locked out for not paying for 4 nights of room charges and taxes. While we have no problem whatsoever with paying what is owed we've never been to a hotel where they lock you out of your hotel room before asking you for payment, particularly when they have a valid credit card. This was extremely rude. Despite also speaking with the manager on duty to advise of our disgust there was no apology or acknowlegement whatsoever of how their approach was totally unacceptable. We then paid by credit card for 4 nights of room charges and taxes in advance. Our access cards were then reactivated. We also mentioned that our phone was not working. An employee came to our room very quickly and found that all the phone wires had been pulled out of the wall. Apparently this was the result of the phone company not finishing the phone connection. We were immediately offered another room but given the time of night we declined. But it didn't stop there. The next morning we were locked out again. When I spoke to a front office employee I was told that we had only paid and were staying for 3 nights. I told him that we had only last night been locked out and charged for 4 nights room rates and taxes and that payment had actually been made for 4 nights. He refused to believe me and advised that I had to pay for an additional night. It was only when I showed him the paper work from the company we had booked through that he acknowledged that they had made an error and then provided me with new access cards. On a brighter note, the concierge was good. The service and food in the restaurant (at night for dinner) and deli was great. The waiter was excellent. It made you wonder whether you were in the same hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I have copied this review and will be discussing it with our front office team to find out exactly what happened. I am truly sorry that this guest had this experience and we will do what we need to do to ensure that this type of issue doesn't happen again. Without knowing what happened, it is difficult to comment, however I am sending this guest an apology and a promise that we will be looking into the problem. I will also be discussing the empathy shown by the front desk staff that handled the problem. I also want to say thank you for the positive comments on the restaurant and deli food and staff, those comments will be passed on to the appropriate people!
Ramada Gateway GM

Been to Ramada Kissimmee Gateway? Share your experiences!