“I loved it here!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
chicago
“I loved it here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

Here a lot of negative things about this place,but I don't have a negative thing to say about it.When I checked in I had no wait,and everyone was very nice.I did get asked about the time share deal,but when I said I was not interested i was not pushed into it.i had an awesome room on Swan Lake.I asked for a studio,but I believe I may have gotten a one bedroom.It had a private balcony and was very spacious.i was there by myself,so I had plenty of room,but 4 people would have been comfortable.I did not drive ,so they took me to my room in a golf cart.I also needed to go to the market on site,and just called transportation and they drove me there and waited for me and drove me back.I hear people complain about their room,I was in room 5722 in building 5700 and was very happy with it.I look forward to staying there again,although it is not as close to Disney as they say.Yes Main gate is a mile away ,but anyone who has been to the Magic Kingdom knows it is another 4 or 5 miles to the parking lot.Maingate does not have a shuttle,so you either have to rent a car or take a cab.That was the only downfall.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Cockeysville,MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

Had a spacious room with a king bed and plenty of space.
The kitchen was awesome with all the amenities. The best part was the swimming pool and hot tub.

Rockmart, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

We loved it. We wish we could have stayed in the room a little more. Had plans for Disney all week. Room was very spacious and very clean. Very very nice place. We checked in really late and it check in was very quick and easy. We did not have to do the presentation we booked ours through interval international. Check out was also a breeze. It took about 5 minutes. We would definately stay here again. If we come back this is where we will stay everytime. I just can't say enough about how nice it was. I did ask for one of the newer rooms. We had a washer and a dryer in the room which was very nice. We loved it!!!

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

Upon check in they asked us to donate $5 to their charitable foundation....a foundation the guests pay for, not the resort. We were asked to go to a 90 presentation to buy time share - it turned into a 3 hour ordeal where they wanted to make the sale no matter what it took. We politely said no, was told to talk to another sales man, said no again was pawned off to somebody else and when we said no to him they send grandpa in to seal the deal. They went so far as to offer us a foreclosed unit every other year. NO MEANS NO... The unit was run down, had ants and was not similar to what I exchanged for ( exchanged a 2 bedroom full kitchen and got a one bedroom with a partial kitchen). Internet was $10/day $25/ 3 days or $50/week. REALLY? In order to play tennis it was $5 for the court, $5 for the racket and $5 for the balls. My father can't walk long distances, he got caught in a rain storm and they wouldn't use the golf carts to drive him back to his room. The people at the check in and "courtesy" desk were less than friendly. There was no washer and dryer in the unit as advertised - we had to go to the 4th floor where they machines were broken! This is supposed to be a premiere resort and they don't even have a bar for adults to go to at night. It was a horrible experience from start to finish. I never wanted to so baldy to go home instead of be on vacation. I have to reiterate the PRESSURE put on us to buy time share. Once in the pressure cooker of a sales scam you can't get discounted tickets or anything until you finish the 3 hour tour - not unlike Gilligan's Island! RUN don't walk RUN from this disaster area!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
We understand you had some problems during your stay. Please accept our apology if a sales staff was less than courteous. We wouldn’t want you to be under the impression that you are being pressured. Participating in the sales presentation is purely voluntary and for exchange of your time we do offer incentives and gifts. You may have stay in one of our older units; we are diligently working on the upgrades of each unit through a renovating and maintenance schedule. Our newer units do have washer and dryer, we do advise to request an upgraded unit since they are limited and based upon availability.
Idalise
west palm beach, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

We stayed here for five days with our boys, 2 and 4 years old. We can't say anything about the value because a friend lent us their timeshare. We loved it. The rooms were big and large. There was a HUGE jacuzzin in the master bedroom. Kids thought it was a pool. We usually stay on property at Disney. Having the extra space was wonderful. The resort had so much to offer for familes. The pool near our building was a good size and never too busy. They have Disney movies shown in a theatre for the kids. They even have a tram that looks like Thomas the Tank engine that takes you from place to place around the resort. The customer service was on top of their game. We checked in mid week and it was quick. We had a bell hop escort us to our room and make sure the keys worked. He was very friendly and helpful. One of the sinks in the bathroom clogged up. They had it fixed within 30 minutes of our phone call to guest services. The location was also perfect. It took us about 10 minutes to get to any of the Disney theme parks. Loved this resort!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

Check-In:
Unfortunately, it did take some time to check-in but it was not due to being harassed into buying or upgrading a timeshare. It was due to lack of knowledge of the person checking us in.

Room:
We were in 5200 building. It is not a nice as some of the new areas, but it is okay. It lacks the flat screen tvs, tub/shower combo in guest bathroom and granite counter tops. On a positive note, it is in walking distance to most of the onsite activities.

Dining:
There is no more breakfast in the main building (even though it is advertised on westgate channel in the room), but on some days, a continental breakfast is offered for owners. The onsite food places are average. Therefore, I recommend renting a car if it is in the budget. Also, please beware of local restaurants that offer the very cheap rates for breakfast. All I can say is that you get what you pay for.

OnSite Activities:
There are paddle boats, bicycles, putt putt golf and a train. Unfortunately, all of these close rather early (about 6pm), considering it is still daylight until almost 8pm. According to the brochure given at check-in, the train stops at 3pm. The main problem with the train is locating it. Yes, there are train stops located throughout the resort, but no times are listed. I witnessed guests just flagging it down and getting on. Figured I would try it as well (whenever I saw it) and it worked fine. It was refreshing to ride around the resort to get an overview of all that is offered. Also, drinks served at pool 1 and 13 were pretty good. The games and music during smash burger days were entertaining to say the least.

Internet:
Wireless is available but at a cost -approximately $50 for guests and $25 for owners. The cost would not have been nearly as bad if the internet was not running at toad speed. When viewing the available westgate connections, approximately three show up. Depending on location, only one can be used. The one dedicated to our building had two bars associated with it and was not reliable.

• Stayed April 2010
Buffalo Grove, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

We stayed at a two bedroom that overlooked the lake and the mini golf course. Overall, we were a little disappointed. Some of our disappointment had more to do with the people than the place itself. I'm not sure if they get a lot of visitors doing the 3 night promo stay or what but there seemed to be a lot of teenage or early twenties couples. This place is pretty loud and I'm really glad we were on the sixth floor as I don't know if our kids (5 and 1) could have slept with the noise if we were on one of the lower floors. I don't know if the pools are open all night but there were people at the pools really late.

The rooms are pretty outdated. There are mirrors all over that reminds you of some place from the 80's. Didn't like the tile floor throughout the place. Carpeting is more comfortable and don't have to worry about a toddler falling on it. The dishwasher must have been twenty years old and we were too afraid the racks would fall when we put the dishes in to use it. There are a lot of pools but they aren't very big so some of them get pretty clogged up.

We didn't like the area of Orlando it was in either. If you think of the cheesy gift shops and neon t-shirt places, this is it.

Overall, the grounds are very nice but the place is just so big with so many people that we never got the "relaxed, on vacation feeling" that you have at other places.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We always advise our guests that during quiet hours if you encounter noise to please call security and they will immediately handle the issue. As far as the units, we are diligently working on the upgrades on each unit through maintenance and renovating schedule. We hope the issues you had didn’t keep you from enjoying what Westgate Town Center. We hope you allow us to exceed you expectations in the future.

Been to Westgate Town Center? Share your experiences!