“Highly Disappointment” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Chicago, Illinois
“Highly Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

West Gate Town Center, 2770 Old Lake Wilson Road, Kissimmee, FL has terrible front desk service and the management team is incompetent and arrogant. Once they have your money they will not do anything to resolve your issues in a timely manner. I made my reservations on March 11, 2014 to attend my family reunion in July. I was totally disappointed with the lack of service and the hotel accommodations. I paid an additional fee for early check in and was told that I could not get a room because check-in was not until 4:00 p.m. So I waited 3 hours to finally get a room and it was not the room that was described on my confirmation email. I proceeded to show the reservation staff person my confirmation email and she proceeded to tell me that “room type was no longer available”. I asked for the front desk manager (Daniel Baires) thinking he would be of assistance, he only offered to read me the Hotel Policy: “Hotel Provider reserves the right to cancel or modify a room reservation (including after the room reservation has been confirmed) if the room reservation includes or resulted from a mistake or error of any kind, including but not limited to, a mistake or error in the rate, resort or room type or where it appears that a guest has engaged in fraudulent or misleading activity in making the room reservation”. I found Daniel Baires actions to be highly unprofessional and rude. After 40 minutes of trying to get this issue resolved, Mr. Baires just gave me an additional room building 5000 and both rooms were not upgraded to the newer models I originally requested. This building is old and needs updating quickly. The door to one of the rooms never closed properly, the air conditioner unit had to be fixed, and it took 30-40 minutes to receive towels. So I will not recommend this hotel to any family and friends. Westgate Town Center in Kissimmee, Florida should not be in business to serve the public or owners. The entire team should all be fired and a new team should be trained on how to better serve the community, paying guest, and owners.

Room Tip: Please request and demand one of the upgraded rooms in building 4000 or 5200.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

448 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Went with a group of about 24 people (Family and Church Family), quite a few of us stayed at this resort and we had an awesome time. The resort has really upgraded with the restaurants, ice cream parlor, Starbucks, etc.. There are lots of fun things to do on property for kids and adults, which can save you some moolah $$, while in Florida. The resort is located very close to Disney and right near the main strip. you won't be disappointed if you stay here. I find it very hard to believe that someone said that they were not greeted upon entering the welcome center because the information desk is the first thing you see upon entering and I stayed there for a week and every day I went in the welcome center there was a person asking if there's something that they may be able to help you with. The staff was very friendly and professional. Some people show up with attitudes and when one thing isn't absolutely perfect, they have a hissy-fit and it's all down hill from there! You know what they say about not being able "to please all the folk all the time", well, some folk are never pleased!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ravenswood, WV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed in a 2bd/2ba condo (Building 5600). The room was very spacious and well accommodated. As other reviews have mentioned, the Welcome Center is very busy. However, we received quick service. We did not enjoy the pools as they were very crowded, but the mini-golf, activities center, soccer field, theater and paddle boating on the Lake more than made up for it with our family; we can only hope the water park under construction adds to the ability to get into a pool. The food offered at Drafts Sports Bar & Grill was good and reasonablly priced. Lastly, since the resort is 1 mile from the Disney properties it was great to stay for the late nights shows or park extended hours because you were 'home' quickly.

The negatives are: 1) being asked to participate in a timeshare tour directly following check-in; 2) the timeshare tour taking much longer than 90 minutes (we were there 4 hours), the pressure to buy was intense, and the benefits offered for the tour were already accommodations provided since we rented directly from owners; 3) the shuttle buses to Universal were always overbooked on the way home since they combine both morning trips into one return trip. On two nights after being at the park for 12 hours, we had to stand for the 20 minute ride home; and 4) nothing is really within walking distance since the property is so large so you were always driving in your car even when you were taking a shuttle to the parks.

Room Tip: Rent directly from an owner.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Baltimore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Where to begin. This place is a ZOO!! If you like to feel like you are in jail while trying to check in and want to be surrounded by classless people. Read no further and give them your money.
I booked a renovated one bedroom deluxe Town Center unit. Upon arrival at the 'Welcome Center' no one greet us and I went straight to the 'Registration' desk. Waited in that line for 30 minutes before someone offered to help us with check in. She immediately looked at my paperwork and said I was at the wrong line. I needed to go to the 'Welcome Center' which was a glass enclosed place with another LONG line. Once we were seen they took a long time to check us in. We had to fill out this paperwork. I suggested that instead of having people wait in the long line with nothing to do, it would expedite the process by having them fill out the paperwork while they wait. Then she was on the phone trying to get us a room. Granted it was 2pm and check in is 4. She said the room i requested was not available and they were booked to capacity. I showed her pictures on my phone from the Westgate website and told her that if she was not checking me into what i saw on the website, then to forget it. We waited so long while she was on the phone i said forget it. Just call me when the room is available. So we left.

About an hour later my phone rang and the girl said to pick up our keys from the VIP desk and the room was ready. We took about 20 minutes to return and when i got to VIP they said they had no keys. The girl proceeded to run around looking for keys. Meanwhile, I asked for Corporate because I just wanted a refund of what I had prepaid and I wanted out of that place. Corporate made me tell the story to 2 different people about my check in process and then they had me on hold. I hung up because the girl came back without the keys but said they wanted to show me the room first before they gave me keys to see if I would like it.

We had to go outside wait on the bellhop and ride to the room with bellhop. They took us to the 6000 building. It was a really nice room, but it wasn't the deluxe I paid for. So, I informed them that I would take that specific room, but would need to be refunded the difference from deluxe to regular one bedroom. Then they told me they could not do that. I told them they absolutely could because the amenities I paid for and what was listed on my reservation were NOT in the room they assigned me to. I just wanted a renovated deluxe one bedroom. When I again asked to cancel the entire reservation miraculously they had the room i requested available!!! Well, well well. That room was beautiful and exactly what I saw on their website. I had an attitude from here to Japan because why would you put me through so much and then give me what you already had available the entire time. They were clearly trying to get over. It took 4 hours to check in total!!! Then I was supposed to show up the next morning at 7:45 for the mandatory 90 minute speech.

I want to add the registration building was crowded at ALL times and all they want is to sell you a timeshare. If you are not interested in buying from them, it's not worth the hassle no matter how reasonable the room is.

We show up at 7:50 the next morning for the tour and had to wait in line at the 'Welcome Center' yet again. Then we had to have a seat and wait for the tour guide "sales person". Their favorite line was have a seat and wait. I had a severe attitude because i was expecting to spend 90 minutes with them. It took 40 minutes before a tour guide showed up. Then she wanted to chit chat and we HAD to eat breakfast. After breakfast then they chit chat some more and THEN your 90 minutes began. Really??? So it's more like spend half a day checking in with us and half a day looking at our resort and being hounded to purchase. So, you really get what you pay for. Another note is the joint is under construction and every day the construction started around 7:30 and all you could hear was construction trucks right outside your bedroom door. I could not use the balcony because of the construction. The workers were right at eye level with me outside the balcony. So no privacy. Basically, it was a disgusting place with all the wrong things. I never attempted the pool because they were overcrowded and excuse me, but GHETTO!

Also, I spoke to other families there and they had the EXACT same problem with the room situation. Being told what they booked was not available, but eventually being put in what they requested. They are playing games with people and they are NOT professional at all. I HATE Westgate and will NEVER go back even if it's free. It's not worth the hassle on vacation.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in the rooms with teal furniture if you asked for a renovated room. Deman...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Terrible front desk service bad service w a smile, then the management is incompetent arrogant once they have your money they will not do anything to help, got to the room broken tv and human hairs all over the bed and still no apology or resolution, run for the hills and don't give them a penny of your money it's not worth it at all

Stayed July 2014
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for your feedback. We strive in prividing everyone that chooses to stay with us with a unique vacation time. It saddens us to hear that this experience was not the same to you. Our staff is carefully selected and trained to assist you every step of the way; we do not tolerate a different behavior from them. Thank you for letting us know as this helps us prevent these episodes from happening in the future! M.B
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We are Marriott owners and had an extra interval week to exchange. Our plan was to stay here, enjoy the pools while at the same time not having to travel too far from home. We checked in on Friday and will probably check out on Monday. We are more than willing to cut our loses. Our unit was no where near the Marriott standard in terms of amenities,space, cleanliness and overall property quality. Our shower had mildew and there were long dark hairs left on the bathroom floor.The worst part was that Westgate is a people factory. All they care about is getting people in and then in to time share presentations. Check out the "Town Center" during check in time while the sharks are out to grab you for a presentation.Gosh forbid that you should want to ask a question after you have already checked-in. Any who charges $40.00 a week for internet. Are you kidding me.Every pool not only had more than capacity but there was no supervision. Children were running, screaming and jumping into shallow ends of the pool. All dangerous. Where were the parents?????

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Morgan Hill, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We own a timeshare on this place and each time we visit, our expectations were never met. Housekeepers are rarely visit or even just check if you need something. Two days prior to our arrival, I requested if an early check in is possible and I was CONFIRMED that I could. But needles to say that didn't happened. And they also need to update some rooms as we have coming here for the last 5 years and this place needs some seriously repairs and updates.

Stayed June 2014
We appreciate you taking a moment to review you stay at the Westgate Palace. It is our duty to ensure that we go above and beyond your vacation expectations; it saddens us when we hear that yours was not the same one. As an owner, you might know that our housekeeping service does not work as a hotel one, but you can surely request for additional service on your own discretion. We provide early check-in in some of our properties, but sometimes, people that might be leaving the same unit you are checking-in later, does not allow us time for a proper check-out cleaning and that might delay your entrance; we would not want you to experience a dirty check-in. In terms of renovations, they are a constant process in all our Resorts so it takes time for a complete renovation; in a scenario like this one, we start with partial renovations and move forward gradually. We appreciate your continuous service,it is our wish to have the opportunity again to serve you! M.B

Been to Westgate Town Center? Share your experiences!