“Great Place.....Just don't need the High Pressure Sales Pitch” 4 of 5 stars

Westgate Town Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4000 Westgate Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #37 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Lake Worth, Florida
“Great Place.....Just don't need the High Pressure Sales Pitch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Like others who have stayed here...our place was beautiful. My husband and I visited over Labor Day Weekend with our 4 daughters ages 18 to 10, so there was plenty of room for us and plenty to do. We are Annual Disney Passholders so we took the time to enjoy some of the free perks of the property....such as bike riding, paddle booking, attended a make our own Sundae event, games, crafts....so much to do and surely not enough time...and caught a movie in the beautiful on-site theater, did I mention the free popcorn:)

Our unit was beautiful...can't complain, plenty of towels, TVs with DVDs, beautiful 2 person whirlpool in the master bedroom....nice view from the balcony, great size kitchen, we actually had a sit down dinner one night. The property seems safe, it is a gated community, and each unit has an outer door that let's you into a foyer and then your unit door...Great location convenient to Disney only minutes away, near many restaurants, tourist type shops and highways.

THE DRAWBACK......yes check in is crazy we arrived at 12:30 am, even though there was 3 people checking in guest and only 3 families ahead of us it was a 30 minutes and then when we checked in it took a good 20-30 minutes...yes really. So it did take a good hour to check in. Next when I booked my reservation I did agree to a tour of the property, which I was told would not be more than 90 minutes and a time was scheduled for 10:30 which included the "Owners Breakfast" for our family. Since my kids are older and there was plenty to do I thought this would be a good time we could eat and the kids could go off for 90 minutes and have some fun....while we endured. We agreed to the tour b/c we are interested in purchase a time share in the Orlando and wanted to start checking out what's available. This was a nightmare...we arrived at 10;30 for the breakfast tour and was told we were too late and to come back after lunch, well our day had been planned and that wasn't going to work for us....then they said okay what about a 11:30 tour....which we said okay fine let us eat breakfast and we were told no you have to come back and eat lunch....since we need to feed our kids breakfast we wouldn't have enough time to leave and eat and get back by 11:30..so they let us eat breakfast. Needless to say it didn't get any better after that....my husband asked a question about our tour and they decided to change it .... they then moved it to a informational about their travel club and changed the time to noon....when we arrived for our noon time tour they didn't have us on the schedule, they insisted we came at the wrong time they sent us back to the main building....they had no clue it was a real mess...we surely weren't in the mood to listen or buy...we sat through the tour not very happy, we wanted to see the property, not the travel club, the sales person acted like we were bothering him when we kept asking about the property, when I asked questions about their partnership with Disney the sales person told me they were an official Disney Partner, you could go to Disney during the magic hours and also get discounts on annual passes.....lies, lies, lies, only Disney property guest are entitled to Magic Hours and there is no annual/season passholder discount...our 10:30 90 minute tour didn't end till after 2:00 and each time we told the sales person we weren't happy and weren't interested, another salesperson would come to our table say they were sorry about the mix up and attempt to offer a better deal, we finally just got up and said we are done....you couldn't pay me to stay there again. There are plenty of nice places in the Orlando area offering just as many great features for the same amount of money without a tour.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are so thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our great location to be able to enjoy everything you wanted while in the area. As you experienced, our resort has many activities for the entire family. As an appreciated guest we value your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience experienced at the resort due to our sales team. These representatives are there to ensure your outmost satisfaction and to assure you of the investment you made. Participating in the updates is purely voluntary, but we do offer incentives in return for your time. As an owner you are given valuable information concerning our newest features and updates to the units and property that way you are aware of the options we have and can choose the one that may best suit your vacation needs. We thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and we sincerely hope to provide you and your family with many wonderful vacations in the years to come.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Bryans Road, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just returned from a week stay at the Westgate Town Center. I need to first say that I am an owner. This was however my first stay at the Town Center, very large complex. I stayed in a two bedroom which was actually a one master bedroom with the other bedroom featuring bunkbeds. The rest of the room was essentially a condo, full kitchen, living room, multiple flat screen tv's throughout the room. They WILL find a way to get you to a very agressive presentation, that is what they do. The property has numerous amenities, resturants, pools, stores. My stay was pleasant however, no problems, very quiet. No daily housekeeping, be aware. One day the housekeeping staff arrived and just offered new towels. You will need to clean and disinfect your room during your stay! Free parking, discounted amusement park tickets for members available for purchase as well. Great location, minutes to a Super Walmart and Target store as well. Check in was a difficult experience, too entirely too long! Tried two meals in the on-site sports bar called "Drafts". Good bear, great selection of televsions to watch football, good service. Food was just okay. Also tried the on-site breakfast buffet once, nothing to write home about. It was about seven dollars pp. General buffet breakfast, nothing special. Overall, it was still a good comfortable and quiet stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We are always happy to hear feedback from all our owners and guests. We hope that you were able to enjoy the room amenities, resort amenities, as well as our great location! We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered. We always look forward to providing the best customer service to all our owners and guests. We hope that you will come back to visit soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My friend and I decided at the last minute to take a trip to Florida for a few days we had off during Thanksgiving break. I made the reservation. Didn't have a whole lot of time to do research Just read a few reviews and it seemed to be a good place to go for the price.. once we got there driving into the resort I was very impressed. It had shops a restaurant a gift shop coffee shop. Driving to the main building The landscape absolutely beautiful. I could go on and on about how the landscape but I'll get down to the main event (our villa). We entered our room and both of our reaction at the same time was OMG... It was beautiful. It was like having a small apartment. Full kitchen... Bar..... Mini washer and dryer..... Dinette area..... Living room with flat screen TV.... Bathroom with walk-in shower..... Bedroom with a flat screen TV and jacuzzi.. Private balcony.... It was perfect. Location: to anything that you would want to do was the best. Universal Studios... Disney.... Perfect. I only have two complaints... Check in was herendous. 1hr. For regular check in And then they took us to another counter where they wanted to discuss time shares. We told them several times we were not interested and they continued and continued with their speech. They also charged us $50 a day for deposit that would be given back to us when we checked out. Never did understand that. #2 We never saw a maid the four days that we were there we had to go get our own towels which was in a big cart sitting out in the breezeway. We spoke to one of the house keepers on the second day and try to ask some questions And she indicated that she didn't understand what we were saying. Other than that our day was very very nice. And I forgot to Mention if you have children it is by far the best place to stay because they have swimming pools play areas. Great....

• Stayed November 2012
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your overall stay. We are glad that you enjoyed the room amenities during your stay as we know that can help make your vacation more enjoyable. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during check in and with housekeeping. We really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will work diligently with our resort staff and our booking partners to ensure a smoother check in process. We hope to have another chance to provide you with a wonderful stay.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I own at Westgate Vacatiion Villas and decided to do an ad hoc stay at the buildings within the same resort as mine as the Town Center buildings are a little newer. I was a tad disappointed with the registration process as they still tried to get me to sit through a sales pitch even though I am already an owner. "The upgrade sales pitch". I was also kind of disappointed when we got to our room to find that it's got a 90s look to it so not much difference from the existing home resort buildings that I own in. Some pluses, The resort itself has a lot of amenities such as tennis, mini golf, swimming pools, bikes, paddles boats which is nice if you have the time to fit them in with the Disney parks. Overall, its still a pretty decent deal to stay here as you can cook in the full kitchen units and it is a little more spacious than the average hotel room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our room amenities. Please know that although you had some challenges during your stay, we are always looking to make our guests stay better. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I just returned from a 1 week stay as a guest of owners at Westgate town center. This place is HUGE!!! We stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe villa. But it was more like a 1 bedroom deluxe villa with a double bed room attached. It was a A and B unit and we just kept the doors open between the units and kept the main front door closed. The villa is marketed as sleeping 8 people but in reality it should only be for 4 or 6. The sofa bed should not be slept on if you expect any decent sleep.

My husband, myself and our 2 children stayed in the room with the 2 double beds. These beds are made for children only. I am only 5'4" tall and my feet hung off the end of them. They expect 4 people to sleep in the room but only give you 3 pillows on each bed. My friends kids slept on the pull out sofa and if they weren't very young I don't see how anyone could sleep on it.

We did notice some mold in our shower but I think that is because housekeeping doesn't come in and clean regularly. They didn't come in at all during our week there. I don't mind sweeping up a floor but scrubbing a bathroom is not my idea of a vacation. Besides that the unit is pretty clean. We didn't have any bug issues that I have read in other reviews. There was a full size washer and dryer in the unit. I ended up washing the hotel towels we used because no one ever came by to pick them up and replenish them.

The kitchen was nice. It had granite counters but I am not used to an electric stove so I had a bit of trouble cooking on it as the stove didn't seem to keep a consistent temp. The TV's in the rooms are all very outdated. Not a huge deal since we spent most of our days off of the resort.

There are a lot of pools. We mainly hung out at the one next to our building. It was nice and big but they need to run the filters a little more often for the number of people who are using them each day. There are no life guards on duty but they need to do something about that to keep some rowdy guests and their children under control. We left the pool area a few times because other guests children were acting pretty wild in the pool diving in. They knocked into my kids a few times and made it a pretty unsafe situation for my family. Hot tubs are not meant to have children doing cannonballs into them. Our room faced the pool and security had to come by every single night around 11:30pm-12am to tell some rowdy guests and their very young children to get out of the pools (it was clearly marked the pools closed at 10pm and they walked in after 10 anyway).

In this day and age I can't believe hotels still charge for wifi. People still need to keep in contact with their jobs and most activities you need to look them up online to get directions, costs and see what there is to do around. We needed to print out some tickets so we used the business center. They charge you $0.20 per minute to use a computer and $0.75 per page to print. You have to prepay for using it and issue no refunds for unused time.

The location is very good. It is very close to the Disney parks. The parks are only a few minutes away and buying the tickets directly from the Disney desk at the resort was cheaper then prices I found on line. The women working the counter were very helpful and pleasant.

All of the staff was very nice and very friendly. They did respond to concerns very quickly and were eager to help and fix any problems that arose.

Now the worst part....we got suckered into the time share song and dance. When we checked in we were told if we went to a owner breakfast the next morning we could get discount Disney tickets. You give them $20 each as a deposit to make sure you show up for this appt. Since my friend is already an owner we didn't think much of it. Until we went up to the breakfast....looking around it was like sharks in the water off the coast of South Africa during shark week and some baby seals struggling to swim past them! It was really disgusting seeing how these sales people push and push and pressure people into buying stuff they can't afford. Once we realized what we had gotten ourselves into we shut the sales person down REALLY quick that we had NO interest in it and they were wasting both of our time and they could spend their time with someone else. That didn't seem to go over very well with them. I guess they weren't used to people being stern with a" NO Not interested". They made you feel very weird and they acted pretty angry with you that you didn't want to buy into it. I thought we were being more respectful letting them know in the beginning they had no chance of making any sale to us instead of wasting 2hrs of both of our time over a really disgusting free breakfast. You saw people being showed around in golf carts all day long every single day. It was a very uncomfortable situation to be in.

Overall, it is a HUGE resort and just isn't my taste for a vacation. I can see why many people do like it there. I spoke to many people who return every year and really enjoy the resort. It just isn't my kind of place for a vacation. I do dishes, make beds and clean enough at home, I would rather not do it on vacation also.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and for any inconveniences they may have caused. We have taken note of each matter you have had and will pass them on to the appropriate members of our staff. We also want to apologize if a member of our sales team made you uncomfortable-that is not our intent. Guest satisfaction is out top priority and we regret that we fell short during your stay. Our guests are always number one, and your responses make us want to work even harder to provide an exceptional experience for you. Thank you again and we hope you will visit us again, so that we can provide a greater experience.
miflord
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My family of 6, just got home from a great week here! I exchanged through II and was nervous with all the back and forth reviews, it was great! Huge 3 bedroom villa, pool was right out our back door. It closed at 10 , a few nights people stayed, i called security and it quieted down. Dishwasher didnt clean dishes great, but those are my only two minor complaints. So close to disney. We were on the first floor and loved it!Everyone was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We were in room 5213, we had a lock off, that allowed us to go straight out to pool, otherwise, the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your overall stay and our staff was able to accommodate your needs. We apologize you had issues with the noise from the pool and the dishwasher. Guest feedback is vital, so that we can provide the best service we can. We appreciate you choosing us for your stay and hope you provide us with the pleasure again in the future!
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

1st of all im a proud westgate owner since 2008, we love Disney and universal that's why we keep coming back to my home resort which is town centre every year, this time I have guest with me because I wanna impress them of how nice it is to own a WG, so we came a night early to prepare for the arrival of our guests the next day,, we made a 1 night reservation for a 1 bd rm and a 4 nights for a 2 bd rm villa which my family and guest would stay the next day.. driving from Toronto got their at 12 am the check in was quick, but when we got to the room it wasn't as clean as we expect the bed sheets and pillows were stained and smelly(smells like someone slept there already) this was not the time to have problems coz we were very tired from our travel, my wife called them to complain and was told supervisor will b there,, but never came,, so we ended up using all the towels as bed sheets and pillow cases,,, supervisor came in the morning after the wife called them again,, well as expected they apologize I mean what else can they do but apologize? that was a horrible 1st night... we are neat and organize I always treat anyroom/villa we stay in as my own house.. the next day we transferred to a 2 bd room villa fully equip ofcourse,, upon entering the smell was a bit better than the other one,, I always bring febreze and wipes with me lolz! we found stains again in pillow cases, so I decided to wash them myself,, I bring my own laundry detergent and Clorox stain remover always... the floor were sandy so I sweep the floor the carpet has lots of stain, they gotta shampoo that. so we did a little bit of cleaning b4 my guest's arrived.. and when they did they were very impress the resort is beautiful its a nice place to relax and forget about your reality for a week,, WG TC is a great resort the staff was quick to repond to your request except for the 1st night,, and the amenities is great.. I know to some people things like that doesn't bother them but it bothers us, for the amount of money that we paid to own and maintenance fee pay yearly.. when we get there everything should be perfect!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate and value your review. We are glad that you found our location convenient to all of what you wanted to do in the area. We always look forward to assisting our owners providing them with the ultimate vacation. We appreciate your comments as we are always looking for areas to progress. Please know that although you had some challenges during your stay, we are always looking to make our guests stay better. Please revisit us in the future to see how we are working hard to exceed your expectations.

Been to Westgate Town Center? Share your experiences!