“Nice week but too big for my tastes and wouldn't buy the time share” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Town Center

Save Saved
You added Westgate Town Center to your Saves list
Westgate Town Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4000 Westgate Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #42 of 158 hotels in Kissimmee
New York
“Nice week but too big for my tastes and wouldn't buy the time share”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I just returned from a 1 week stay as a guest of owners at Westgate town center. This place is HUGE!!! We stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe villa. But it was more like a 1 bedroom deluxe villa with a double bed room attached. It was a A and B unit and we just kept the doors open between the units and kept the main front door closed. The villa is marketed as sleeping 8 people but in reality it should only be for 4 or 6. The sofa bed should not be slept on if you expect any decent sleep.

My husband, myself and our 2 children stayed in the room with the 2 double beds. These beds are made for children only. I am only 5'4" tall and my feet hung off the end of them. They expect 4 people to sleep in the room but only give you 3 pillows on each bed. My friends kids slept on the pull out sofa and if they weren't very young I don't see how anyone could sleep on it.

We did notice some mold in our shower but I think that is because housekeeping doesn't come in and clean regularly. They didn't come in at all during our week there. I don't mind sweeping up a floor but scrubbing a bathroom is not my idea of a vacation. Besides that the unit is pretty clean. We didn't have any bug issues that I have read in other reviews. There was a full size washer and dryer in the unit. I ended up washing the hotel towels we used because no one ever came by to pick them up and replenish them.

The kitchen was nice. It had granite counters but I am not used to an electric stove so I had a bit of trouble cooking on it as the stove didn't seem to keep a consistent temp. The TV's in the rooms are all very outdated. Not a huge deal since we spent most of our days off of the resort.

There are a lot of pools. We mainly hung out at the one next to our building. It was nice and big but they need to run the filters a little more often for the number of people who are using them each day. There are no life guards on duty but they need to do something about that to keep some rowdy guests and their children under control. We left the pool area a few times because other guests children were acting pretty wild in the pool diving in. They knocked into my kids a few times and made it a pretty unsafe situation for my family. Hot tubs are not meant to have children doing cannonballs into them. Our room faced the pool and security had to come by every single night around 11:30pm-12am to tell some rowdy guests and their very young children to get out of the pools (it was clearly marked the pools closed at 10pm and they walked in after 10 anyway).

In this day and age I can't believe hotels still charge for wifi. People still need to keep in contact with their jobs and most activities you need to look them up online to get directions, costs and see what there is to do around. We needed to print out some tickets so we used the business center. They charge you $0.20 per minute to use a computer and $0.75 per page to print. You have to prepay for using it and issue no refunds for unused time.

The location is very good. It is very close to the Disney parks. The parks are only a few minutes away and buying the tickets directly from the Disney desk at the resort was cheaper then prices I found on line. The women working the counter were very helpful and pleasant.

All of the staff was very nice and very friendly. They did respond to concerns very quickly and were eager to help and fix any problems that arose.

Now the worst part....we got suckered into the time share song and dance. When we checked in we were told if we went to a owner breakfast the next morning we could get discount Disney tickets. You give them $20 each as a deposit to make sure you show up for this appt. Since my friend is already an owner we didn't think much of it. Until we went up to the breakfast....looking around it was like sharks in the water off the coast of South Africa during shark week and some baby seals struggling to swim past them! It was really disgusting seeing how these sales people push and push and pressure people into buying stuff they can't afford. Once we realized what we had gotten ourselves into we shut the sales person down REALLY quick that we had NO interest in it and they were wasting both of our time and they could spend their time with someone else. That didn't seem to go over very well with them. I guess they weren't used to people being stern with a" NO Not interested". They made you feel very weird and they acted pretty angry with you that you didn't want to buy into it. I thought we were being more respectful letting them know in the beginning they had no chance of making any sale to us instead of wasting 2hrs of both of our time over a really disgusting free breakfast. You saw people being showed around in golf carts all day long every single day. It was a very uncomfortable situation to be in.

Overall, it is a HUGE resort and just isn't my taste for a vacation. I can see why many people do like it there. I spoke to many people who return every year and really enjoy the resort. It just isn't my kind of place for a vacation. I do dishes, make beds and clean enough at home, I would rather not do it on vacation also.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and for any inconveniences they may have caused. We have taken note of each matter you have had and will pass them on to the appropriate members of our staff. We also want to apologize if a member of our sales team made you uncomfortable-that is not our intent. Guest satisfaction is out top priority and we regret that we fell short during your stay. Our guests are always number one, and your responses make us want to work even harder to provide an exceptional experience for you. Thank you again and we hope you will visit us again, so that we can provide a greater experience.

460 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
miflord
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My family of 6, just got home from a great week here! I exchanged through II and was nervous with all the back and forth reviews, it was great! Huge 3 bedroom villa, pool was right out our back door. It closed at 10 , a few nights people stayed, i called security and it quieted down. Dishwasher didnt clean dishes great, but those are my only two minor complaints. So close to disney. We were on the first floor and loved it!Everyone was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We were in room 5213, we had a lock off, that allowed us to go straight out to pool, otherwise, the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your overall stay and our staff was able to accommodate your needs. We apologize you had issues with the noise from the pool and the dishwasher. Guest feedback is vital, so that we can provide the best service we can. We appreciate you choosing us for your stay and hope you provide us with the pleasure again in the future!
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

1st of all im a proud westgate owner since 2008, we love Disney and universal that's why we keep coming back to my home resort which is town centre every year, this time I have guest with me because I wanna impress them of how nice it is to own a WG, so we came a night early to prepare for the arrival of our guests the next day,, we made a 1 night reservation for a 1 bd rm and a 4 nights for a 2 bd rm villa which my family and guest would stay the next day.. driving from Toronto got their at 12 am the check in was quick, but when we got to the room it wasn't as clean as we expect the bed sheets and pillows were stained and smelly(smells like someone slept there already) this was not the time to have problems coz we were very tired from our travel, my wife called them to complain and was told supervisor will b there,, but never came,, so we ended up using all the towels as bed sheets and pillow cases,,, supervisor came in the morning after the wife called them again,, well as expected they apologize I mean what else can they do but apologize? that was a horrible 1st night... we are neat and organize I always treat anyroom/villa we stay in as my own house.. the next day we transferred to a 2 bd room villa fully equip ofcourse,, upon entering the smell was a bit better than the other one,, I always bring febreze and wipes with me lolz! we found stains again in pillow cases, so I decided to wash them myself,, I bring my own laundry detergent and Clorox stain remover always... the floor were sandy so I sweep the floor the carpet has lots of stain, they gotta shampoo that. so we did a little bit of cleaning b4 my guest's arrived.. and when they did they were very impress the resort is beautiful its a nice place to relax and forget about your reality for a week,, WG TC is a great resort the staff was quick to repond to your request except for the 1st night,, and the amenities is great.. I know to some people things like that doesn't bother them but it bothers us, for the amount of money that we paid to own and maintenance fee pay yearly.. when we get there everything should be perfect!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate and value your review. We are glad that you found our location convenient to all of what you wanted to do in the area. We always look forward to assisting our owners providing them with the ultimate vacation. We appreciate your comments as we are always looking for areas to progress. Please know that although you had some challenges during your stay, we are always looking to make our guests stay better. Please revisit us in the future to see how we are working hard to exceed your expectations.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed august 23 to aug25 2013
I just love this resort been there various times , We were going to Disney for a few days and decided to stay here again. This was our 4th stay here.It is about 10 min away from the parks. We had a 2 bedroom. It was very clean and had lots of room. The kitchen had everything we needed. It is also great to have a washer and dryer on vacation. The resort is big and has lots of things to do, mini golf, movies, pools, boats and a nice sized gym. It has more amenities then some of the other Westgate we have stayed at the location close to Disney world its very convenient really closed to many restaurants. We stayed in a two bedroom unit which was great its like a home away from home , my family really enjoys it ,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. It is a real pleasure to know we have succeeded in providing a quality vacation experience that exceeded your expectations. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our many resort amenities. Sounds like we will be seeing you and your family again soon!
Gaffney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was a bit skeptical when I exchanged my timeshare for this one based on the many negative reviews I had read. I will say that we had a wonderful time and found this a great place for families, especially if you have children. We arrived around 6:30 pm and had no wait to check in. The lady at the desk was helpful and we had a 3 bedroom in building 5100, 3rd floor. They did direct me to the timeshare table and we did agree to listen, if you don't want to buy or care about the discount, don't go. It takes forever, food is awful, and it's extremely high pressure and you just don't feel good when you leave. We own elsewhere but did save a lot of money on tickets. The room was nice, huge and clean except the jacuzzi tub which was disgusting. There were starter supplies for dishwasher and washing machine, etc. We even got fresh towels mid week. The room was outdated, needs new furniture, beds, etc....and it is noisy. The walls are thin and every morning we would hear the people and kids at the pool at 7am as well as the people upstairs, kind of annoying. We didn't have the resort fee as it was included in my exchange fee, that was nice and we got the owner benefits, again very nice! It's a great resort if you have young children, but not if you want a quiet place to relax. We had my 6 year old niece and she LOVED it, couldn't get her out of the pool. Overall, we had a very nice time, and didn't encounter anything that would make us not want to return! I don't think you can go wrong, especially with children! It is very close to Disney, loved that, and easy to find!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are so happy that you had a great time. We are always looking for areas to improve upon; so that all our owners and guests feel the comforts of a “home away from home”. We always look forward to assisting our guests and providing them with the ultimate vacation. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again.
Scottsdale, Az.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had a condo on the first floor that had a kitchen and a washer and dryer.The condo even came with detergent for the washer. They had two TVs - one in bedroom and one in living room. Very nice . My relative had the condo next door that was for wheelchair approved. It was a lot bigger with a large jacuzzi bathtub. Really nice! We didn't use the pool because there was to many children. Westgate is a place for families with young children. August has too much humidity to be comfortable. Skip August in Florida unless your used to jungle temperatures.

Room Tip: Wheel chair rooms are the best. In all, the condos are decent.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed our rooms and room amenities. We strive to provide an exceptional vacation experience that exceeds guest’s expectations. On behalf of the entire Westgate Team, thank you for staying with us and we hope you come back soon!
Riverview, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Full disclosure: My parents and I are Westgate time share owners. We own at the Westgate Villas but this year we decided to try out the Westgate Towers for a change. First the service. From the the time we checked in to checkout the staff was always extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was nice but a little outdated. The location was great as it is within very close proximity to all the Disney parks and about a 15-20 min drive to Universal Studios. As for us, we mainly enjoyed the small things such as catching the free shuttle over the the Villas to play mini-gulf and ride bikes. So at the end of the day, it was a pleasant stay without any surprises.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled to hear that you had a pleasant stay. We pride ourselves in many things, from superior customer service, to our beautiful grounds. Our staff strives to be attentive & give great service, and we're delighted to see that you experienced that. We are glad you were able to use the shuttle service and play mini-gulf as we know that can help make your vacation more enjoyable. We hope you will visit us soon.

Been to Westgate Town Center? Share your experiences!