“Fabulous Orlando Getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Fabulous Orlando Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This resort is top notch. The grounds and overall resort is beautiful. The rooms are very large.

Part of the family stayed in a two bedroom which had a full kitchen and living room with a huge balcony which even featured a lounge chair and a table with four chairs. My husband and I stayed in the mini suite next door. We had a bedroom with a king bed and still enjoyed a full living room with a build in desk by the TV, a decent size balcony with a small table and two chairs, and a mini kitchen with a table and 3 chairs. The refrigerator was full size and we had a microwave instead of also having a stove. All basic kitchen utilities were provided such as silverware and a coffee maker and toaster. We very much enjoyed the rooms and it was wonderful to spread out and not be cramped in a small hotel room. There were 8 of us total and the extra space was greatly needed!

The resort is filled with amenities and each building featured a pool with a pool side bar and hot tube and a kiddie pool. This way no one pool was overly crowded. We easily found a place to hang out by the pool every time. There are restaurant options, an ice cream parlor, a game room, mini golf, and more. There is so much to do it is great!

The biggest advantage for us was we spent all our time at Disney parks and the resort is only about 10-15 minutes from Disney World.

We would stay here again anytime. The resort was enjoyed by everyone in our party including the two children.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We always value and appreciate your feedback. Thank you for saying that our resort is a “fabulous Orlando getaway”. Westgate Town Center is extremely close to Walt Disney World and other local attractions. We are thrilled to hear that you and your family were able to take advantage of the resort accommodations and amenities. We are happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Ballston Spa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed from May 29th through June 7th at the Town Center. After reading all of the reviews on several travel websites, we decided to gamble and try the Town Center. What a beautiful place. The check-in went smooth, we were all checked in within 15 minutes. We weren't pressured too bad by the Vacation Club people. My husband and I did attend the seminar and it was interesting, but out of our budget. There really was no pressure at all. The accommodations were perfect. We were 5 adults, 1 teenager and 2 children. Plenty of room for all of us. Loved having a kitchen to cook in. I always bring my crock-pot and cook something while we are away during the day. Everything was clean, towels were plenty, hot water was plentiful and the beds were like sleeping on a cloud. I love the fact that I could bring my dog with me on vacation. He had a great time too. We were very close to all of the parks and shopping. I would definately stay here again. Thanks Westgate Town Center for a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We appreciate and value your feedback. We are happy that you and your family were able to take advantage of our fully equipped kitchen and resort amenities. Thank you for saying that our resort is beautiful. We are delighted to have provided you and your family with a wonderful vacation. We hope you will come back to visit us soon.
Stow, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

It was wonderful. The 14 swimming pools meant you could choose different ones if some were too busy for you and your spouse. The rooms were clean and the staff was very helpful. We enjoyed the swan paddleboats, miniature golf, shuffleboard, walking, swimming. The two weeks we spent here went so fast we wish we could have stayed another week.

Room Tip: choose a one bedroom which is close to a pool instead of a studio. The two bedroom suite is especia...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We appreciate and value your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you and your spouse were able to take advantage of our resort amenities. We always look forward to not only meet but exceed your expectations. We hope you had a wonderful time with us. Please come back to visit us soon!
miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Originally, I booked a reservation for their Vacation Villas, but cancelled that when I realized that the Town Center property was newer, although they share the same amenities. I received my confirmation & headed there on my check in date, which was today, Father's Day. I got there, & no one had my reservation on file. Upon talking to the front desk clerk, I find out that my reservation was cancelled, due to non payment. They also inform me, at the front desk, that upon making a reservation you have to pay a one night's deposit, something that was not stated online. I don't understand how I can make a reservation, get a confirmation, & then arrive only to be told it was cancelled? I kinda think I should be notified about these things, oh well. Needless to say, we didn't stay there.

S/N: I was also told that just because you make a reservation, one nights deposit & all, there might not always be availability. Just something to think about.

I will say though that the supervisor, Karisha McDowell I believe, was very helpful in trying to help me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We will address the issues you experienced online while booking reservations. We apologize for the issues you experienced and for any inconveniences they may have caused. We do hope that you will visit us again and give us the chance to exceed your expectations.
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I will be staying in this hotel for the first time. I will be typing my daily experience. My family and I will be staying there from August 16-23 2013.I will also post recent pictures in this sight and on my facebook. For the first time I am going to a hotel that is not affiliated with Disney in 11 years "I hope i don't regret it". Hopefully we have a great experience and good things to type about this hotel. It will be my wife and I and our twin 8 year old boys.I will increase or decrease the stars as i stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any issues you experienced and for any inconveniences they may have caused. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and we regret that we fell short during your stay. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

After reading 260 reviews on trip advisor about this place AFTER i booked, I was leery of our stay. We received an awesome deal when i booked back in Feb. for agreeing to do the "90minute timeshare tour/presentation of the property." We stayed June 10th-June 13rd. Just got back. We were quite impressed. Got there about 9:30pm Florida time on a Monday night. Amazingly, the person who checked us in, Juan Sepulveda was from our hometown in MS! He was exceptionally nice and helpful by the way. Check in was only about 20min. When we got to our room in building 5000 (room1612A), we were blown away! Yes, it had a tiny bit of a Miami Vice color scheme, but who cared!? We didnt! The room was SUPER DUPER nice! It was the one bedroom deluxe with King size bed and Jaccuzi. My 9 yr old daughter was eager to get in the jacuzzi, but unfortunately, it would have taken probally an hour at least to fill up. It is very deep. And my husband said he believed something on it wasnt working..but i dont recall what that was. Jets maybe? I cant remember. This and the thin walls were the only cons i have to report really. We enjoyed dinner on the nice balcony our last night. It is screened in which gives you a secure, bug free feeling.It has a view of pool #13, which our last night there, Thursday, kids were in it till midnight hooting and hollering. That made it a little hard to fall asleep to. But it is summer and kids want to play and have a blast while on vacation. The walls are thin and you can hear many things. There is a door in the room that remains locked at all times, but it connects to the room next door. So you can hear a little of what's going on over there. But ultimately, we were extremely pleased! The property is so pretty. We did not have time to see everything it offered, which is alot! The staff we dealt with was very pleasant and friendly. If you treat people with respect and manners, you will probally receive the same. Oh, and the timeshare presentation! Let me address that right quick. We had it scheduled bright and early @7:30am their time.We met with a Bashir Hassan, a black man who was extremely friendly and funny. He has.. from what he told us, been working for Westgate for 13 yrs. He fed us the spill and we listened. 90 minutes did end up turning into about 2hrs and 45minutes! But this includes from the time of 'check in' the morning of the presentation, to eating the nice breakfast they offer and eating it, to sitting down and listening to what they can offer you. It really went by super fast and did not feel that long to us. I was listening in to several other reps around us talking to the people they had and i felt relieved we had Bashir. He was quick, easy to talk to and understand and told us about his family a little. It made things more comfortable. We almost bought the timeshare. My husband was all for it, but i told him we need to research it more. Bashit told us several times to ask him whatever questions we had, he answer. But truth is, we were interested once we seen how cheap it'd be for us, but we just have no knowledge when it comes to owning and dealing with a timeshare. So i wanted to look into it a little more. I'm the type of person who wants to hear all the cons and horror stories first before all the sugar. Anyhow, we eneded up saying no. Bashir tried. He then told us he had to get his supervisor and he'd be back. 10 minutes later, a new guy was offering us a cheap vacation club deal. This had nothing to do with the timeshare. It was a whole nother sale. We said no, no. And we were then free to go after hearing his short offer. The breakfast was decent and nice of them to do. It is all done in a huge room with many tables set up, almost like a cafeteria, and everyone sits down with their assigned agent and eats and listens. It is very, very loud in there. And when someone signsup to buy the actual timeshare they get on a mic and make a special announcement of what family has just bought it and where they are from. Then everyone claps! They had a kids room with xboxes, playstations, etc for any parents who had children. Our daughter stayed with us at the table and Bashir brought her crayons and a coloring book. We would def. come back to Westgate and my plan for the rest of this year is to learn more about timesharing and if it's right for us. In hindsight, it was a wonderful trip and we stayed at a beautiful property! They do a great job on the landscaping.

Room Tip: Ask for building 5000 room 1612A..if they have it and if you need a one bedroom deluxe. Also, be car...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We appreciate and value your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. This helps Westgate Town Center to continue to improve the overall customer service experience. We are glad to hear that you were “extremely pleased” and how you and your family were able to enjoy the resort amenities. We appreciate you for calling our staff “pleasant and friendly” and that Juan Sepulveda and Bashir Hassan were able to be of assistance. We always look forward to exceeding your expectations. We hope you will visit us soon!
Lagos, Nigeria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I arrived Orlando with my wife sometime in May, 2012 for a few days holiday.
We went for a dinner at a restaurant, and were approached by a lady with fliers about this resort.
We were told that a promotion was in progress, and that the resort was giving out discounted tickets to visit any of the Disney parks. We were told that all we need to do was to make advance payment of $40 for my wife and myself, then visit the resort anytime and any day for a tour, and were a receipt. It was clearly written on the receipt that we are not oblige to buy any property.
The following day, we proceeded to the resort. We were taken on a tour of the resort; nice place and was made an offer of subscribing to owning a property at the resort.
The idea sounded nice, however we were asked to make an initial deposit payment for a property of which the minimum was not less than $5000. Of course.
We did not have such money at that time because it was not planned for. We tried so much to explain and requested they give us some time to go home, and ponder about the idea. But they insisted that we need to make payment. When it became obvious to them that we were not going to make any payment at that time, they simply abandoned us; no Disney ticket was given to us, the initial deposit of $40 was not refunded even though we were clearly told that we are not obliged to buy any property. We felt so bad; we believed it was a deliberate trick and scam by the hotel management. We were so disappointed and left unhappy

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your honest and fair feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your last visit with us. As an appreciated guest we value your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience experienced at the resort due to our sales team. These representatives are there to ensure your utmost satisfaction and to assure you of the investment you made. Participating in the updates is purely voluntary, but we do offer incentives in return for your time. As an owner you are given valuable information concerning our newest features and updates to the units and property that way you are aware of the options we have and can choose the one that may best suit your vacation needs.

Been to Westgate Town Center? Share your experiences!