“Very nice stay this year...” 4 of 5 stars

Westgate Town Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4000 Westgate Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #38 of 158 Hotels in Kissimmee
Sharon Springs
“Very nice stay this year...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I will preface this review by letting you know I am a Westgate owner since 1997. I have stayed in or seen all of their Orlando area resorts. The Town Center is the best of their resorts. The Lakes is a close second. If you plan on spending most of your time at Disney, I suggest you choose the Town Center. The Lakes is more conveniently located to the Universal/Sea World parks.

Since I started with the timeshare thing, I will just say a couple of things before I review the resort itself. First, if you have signed up for a Timeshare presentation then you received a very nice discount on the rooms you will be staying in, so try not to whine too much about the fact that you actually have to go to the presentation. I have been an owner for a long time and they still try to get me to do it every year. I will say that they didn't bug me as much this year, and I did not end up going to an "owner update" meeting. I am not sure if that is a change in policy or I just flew under the radar this time, but if its a policy change my hats off to management. We really dread doing it and/or being pestered every day to do it.

Now for my experience with the resort... We almost alway travel with family and have multiple rooms. Every year I put in a request to have the rooms located in the same building and preferably next door to each other. In previous years, they always tell me its not a guarantee, but they will note it in the file. Then I have had to beg for it and/or be willing to wait for my rooms until very late in the day after the check in time of 4:00. This year I was planning for the same hassle. In fact, I left my family on the beach in Daytona and went for an early check in at 1:00, fully prepared for the same full day of check in problems. Well hats off to the resort this time because it was totally different. Our rooms were ready when I arrived and right next door to each other. Nice job Town Center staff! I am not sure whether this is a procedural change, or if I just lucked out this time but it was very nice. I hope this is a permanent change!

We stayed in a 3 bedroom lock off and a 2 bedroom lock off. Our unit was located looking over the pond and the activity center. It wasn't particularly close to any of the pools, which was a little bit of a bummer, but not enough to spoil our vacation. We really didn't mind the walk. I do wish there was bar service at more of the pools. If you went to the pools where there was service, it was packed. It was a nice change of pace though I guess to be at a less hectic pool. Anyway, the grounds are well kept, and there is plenty of parking (much better than the parking situation at the Lakes). The miniature golf is really nice. The on site store is really convenient and well stocked. There is a very nice game room for the kids, and a work out area as well. The Vacation Villas are right next door to the Town Center. When we first became owners we owned and stayed at the Vacation Villas. We toured them last year at our "owner update", and they have been updated and look pretty nice now. I don't think the landscaping is as well taken care of on that side of the resort, but it is pretty cozy over there as well.

The rooms are pretty typical "condo" style set up. There is a master bedroom with a king size bed, a second bedroom with two double beds and a pull out sofa bed. The kitchen is a full size kitchen with dishwasher, stove, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and all of the kitchen utensils you need. The laundry area is in the kitchen. There is a pretty good size dining area, and the living room has a big screen tv. There are tvs in all of the bedrooms. There is also a wet bar in the dining room area. Each room has a full screened in porch area with a table and chairs. Ours overlooked the pond area, and it was a very nice view. There is an area directly behind the check in area that has been under development for the last 3 years. I am not sure what they are going to do with it, but its the only area that doesn't look resort'ish. There is a bathroom in the master suite with a jacuzzi tub and a shower, and the toilet room in the master suite has a bidet. The shower in the master suite is probably my least favorite feature. The shower itself is excellent, but it is not private at all. Basically if you want a private shower in the master suite, you have to close the whole room off. I hope if Westgate ever remodels they will think about somehow privatizing the shower area in the master suite.

On the lock off side, there is a master bedroom with a king size bed and a pull out sofa bed. The lock off has a mini kitchen with a full size refrigerator, microwave, sink, coffee maker etc. The lock off has a full bath with a jacuzzi tub and a shower. If you do not have both sides of the lock off, you will share a breezeway with the neighbors.

One of our units was a 2 bedroom and we had several different neighbors during the week we were there. I think it did create a little problem with the key situation. It seemed like every time we got new neighbors, the keys to our rooms stopped working which is really my only complaint of the vacation. Room keys... This is not just a Westgate thing, but I hope that someone comes up with a key card that won't be affected by your cell phone! I feel like I made daily trips to the front desk to get more keys or to have room keys reactivated. It was annoying, but like I said its not just a Westgate thing.

All in all this was one of our best stays. I hope that Westgate is making some managerial changes that lead to the positive stay we had this time and we will have the same experience from here forward. Nice job this year Westgate...

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your postive review. We are very happy to hear your stay was enjoyable. We have been looking for ways to improve our resort to better accommodate you and other future guests and we are so pleased that we were successful in making your stay pleasurable. We love to hear you say "this was one of our best stays". As you have been an owner since 1997, we hope we will see you back next year, if not sooner. Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I booked our reservation the day prior to arrival. I requested a pool view. We arrived 3-4 hours prior to check in time. The front desk person took my cell phone number and told me they would call us when our unit was ready and that we could use the amenities while we waited. We played putt putt on their very nice on property course, then we played shuffleboard. We were going to get a paddle boat, but due to extreme winds, they wouldn't let the paddle boats go out. We were then given our unit assignment. When we walked in the door of our unit...WOW! All new furnishings, large rooms, smelled extremely fresh and clean and the unit looked like it had never been used. We were on the second floor, overlooking the lake and putt putt course. We had a large, screened balcony. They were very willing to accommodate our every need and make us comfortable. Our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer! They also have a new restaurant with a nice breakfast buffet that is only$5.99 for adults and is hot and delicious, as well as a new grocery/little of everything store. Grocery prices in the store are kind of high, but the souvenirs are very reasonable. I got a nice tshirt for $10! Loved it! I have stayed there many times and have always been happy!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that your accommodations were up to standards and that we were able to address your needs.
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our restaurant and took advantage of our market place souvenir deals!
Duluth, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We do own a unit purchased about 15 years ago. Our unit is dated but we exchanged into the newest unit at the Town Center. The unit was clean, spacious, and typical timeshareish. We stayed in a 2 bedroom with full kitchen, dining room, 2 living rooms, and balcony.

We have exchanged out to many units outside of Orlando and find that coming back is trying but believe that the location and amenities at Westgate are average at best.

Room Tip: Stay at the newest units at the Town Center. Avoid the old units at the villas. Do not schedule ma...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you are a returning owner, especially of 15 years! We apologize that your stay was only average. We strive for every guest to have a perfect and enjoyable stay and we regret we couldn't meet your standards for your vacation. However, we love to hear that your 2 bedroom was "clean and spacious".
We hope to see you back next year to give us another chance to exceed your expectations.
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We booked this resort for our first Disney Vacation. We drove 23 hrs from WI. I knew something just wasn't right while waiting for over and hour to just check in. They only had 3 receptionists working. I understand computers malfunction, no big deal. We waited, got our room keys and as soon as we checked in, I told my husband "this is not the room I booked". It was very outdated and smelled like a porter potty. The room was not clean either with garbage and dirty bedding. I pulled up the room that I booked which was a 2 bedroom deluxe suite at the towncenter, and sure enough it was not the same room. We tried calling from our room right away and was put on hold for 35minutes, we said forget it and drove all the way to the main check in. Waited to speak to a manager for another 45min, this manager basically said "we have 2 resorts on the property and your reservation was moved to the villas (basically run down), while waiting to speak with who was in charge I noticed all the other unhappy customers with multiple problems and alot with the same room issues as we had. Now it was getting to be like 1000 at night. No one ate and I'm still trying to get this room straightened out. There is no manager at this resort, the receptionist would all just disappear after a while. They would say "I'll be right back" and disappear behind a door and never come out. They were hiding from all the unhappy customers. It was very frustrating. Basically we asked for a full refund and found a different resort, as they couldn't promise us the room we booked originally, then they didn't even tell us at check in that we were moved to another room. Though it took a wk to get refunded, it was worth it not to stay at this resort. It should be shut down! They have no sense of customer service what so ever! We ended up staying at another resort and had a great vaca:)

Room Tip: This resort was the worst resort I've ever stayed at!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced while you were here. More importantly, I would like to apologize for the manner in which they were handled. Our goal is to accommodate our guests above and beyond their expectations, especially when they are experiencing an issue on property. I do apologize that this didn’t take place during your vacation. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact the resort at 407-396-8523 to speak to one of our Resort Managers.
Coopersville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We reserved Westage through our timeshare exchange. We had 12 people in our group and had a 3 bedroom with A and B units. The units were clean, spacious and updated, the master bedroom had a hot tub. The on-site amenities were good and we only tried 3 of the pools and they were nice. Their breakfast buffet was excellent for the inexpensvie cost.

After reading all of the reviews I was nervous, especially staying during spring break. I went in with an open mind and did not have any issues. The staff was curtious but I will say it is a very busy place. We had no problems at check-in our when checking out. We had one issue during our stay as they allows pets for a fee, their was a dog in our building that kept barking while the owners were gone and the staff and security were great on getting this issue resolved.

Building 5500 was awesome as we were away from all of the noise and from our balcony we could see the Disney fireworks at night.

Great timeshare exchange with good accommodations and amenities. I would exchange here again.

Stayed during spring break the first week of April.

Room Tip: request building 6000, 5800, or 5500 - they are in the back of the resort and it is quiet back there...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your positive review. We are very pleased to hear you had an enjoyable vacation with us. We love to hear that you would exchange here again as we always welcome our return guests and owners. We look forward to seeing you.
Middle Village, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife arrived at westgate town square on April 2 2013. We arrived early so we went to try to check in early so we went to the check in counter and tryed to check in they did not have my reservation in the computer . Omg I said. I was nervous... But thank god for a wonderful employee by the name of JUSTINA CARMONA . She was very nice and helped us out a lot. For like 30 min we waited there worrying what was going on. But justina got to the bottom of it and it was cheap tickets.coms fault. After that she asked me where on the property I would like to stay and offered a room to watch the fireworks from my room. That was very nice. And thanks again justina. Anyway the resort I thought was lame not what I expected 14 pools but real small compared to the last 10 resorts I stayed at in kissimme. There are limit amenities. Noting much todo there. We only hung in the resort one day because of this. We went down the road to orange lake where we stayed before and summer bay to hang out. There my 2 fav resorts. Anyway I would not go back to westgate nor recommend it to anyone. Oh ya and joe the bartender at drafts bar was great. And I forgot housekeeping came the first 4 days than we had a pile of towels stacked in our hot tub lmao. What a shame

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We apologize our resort did not meet your standards. We do have many activities for everyone in the family to utilize, however, we apologize you did not enjoy the activities we have to offer. We regret to hear that you do not plan on returning in the future. However, we are pleased that you enjoyed your room with a firework view and that our front desk agent, Justina C., was able to provide you with wonderful customer service. We will be sure to give her as well her managers your praises. We do hope you can reconsider us to give us another chance to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your feedback.
Southern NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We were a timeshare exchange so we may have a different experience than the people who booked thru hotel websites. We had a full modern 3 bedroom- made via the A and B units combined. There was plenty of room for 2 couples and 2 kids( 2 families). Having 2 combined units allowed a measure of privacy for each family as well as each unit had its own sitting area- the a unit had a full kitchen and the b unit had a kitchenette. The units were clean, spacious and modern. Both units had whirlpool tubs. The pools were fine- we tried a couple of different ones. The onsite amenities are good- got pizza delivered one night and went for ice cream another night. The most welcome surprises were the efficient check in- which took about 20-25 mins with a TON of people waiting( this was at 3 pm on a Sunday), and the other was just a low pressure sales attempt. Once the sales pitch was attempted we were able to easily deflect and move on to the rest of our vacation. Not sure if this was due again to us being an exchange- but I have stayed at other exchanges where they would call every day to get you to come for a sales pitch. Overall a great timeshare exchange with great accommodations and amenities. I would definitely exchange here again.

• Stayed April 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to give us your positive review. We are pleased you had a "great stay-no issues" and enjoyed the many on-site ammenities we have to offer. We are also very happy that check-in was quick and easy for you and that you received a well-accommodating room. We love to hear you "would definitely exchange here again" as we look forward to your return visit.

Been to Westgate Town Center? Share your experiences!