“After checking in, it's great.” 4 of 5 stars

Westgate Town Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4000 Westgate Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #41 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Dania Beach, Florida
“After checking in, it's great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. But let me acknowledge what most other reviewers are also saying and by agreeing that the check in process at this hotel/timeshare is probably the worst experience I have ever encountered. No exaggeration, it took 75 minutes to wait in the line. I’ll post a photo of the line. The place is sheer volume and low prices, probably attracting every deal seeker in the country. And I could clearly overhear them all haggling and complaining with the desk staff, slowing them down.

The guy who checked me in was outstanding, and since I am a knowledgeable traveler, I already knew the prices, the resort fee, and what the room was going to cost, etc. With that said, I was at the counter less than 5 minutes. They had about 10 people working to check guests in, and I sometimes wonder if it may just be the other guests slowing them down that cause such long waits. But we were also looking for a deal this weekend for a last minute getaway for the night, just for fun, and found a 2 bedroom suite for $160, so how can we go wrong. The room can comfortably sleep 6 (although there were only 4 of us) and the place was furnished unbelievable.

The master bedroom was like a palace, and had a Jacuzzi tub that looked like it could fit all 6 people who could occupy the room. We only stayed for the night, and it was a last minute decision so we arrived later in the evening. I can definitely see potential here and would like to try a few days here. The second bedroom was well furnished with two nice beds, and both bathrooms were very well up to date. We were told this room had just come out of renovation, and it was definitely very modern. The kitchen, dining room and living room were all superb.

The property was well kept and seemed to have had a lot of amenities. The restaurant looked nice for breakfast although we didn’t partake. We did stop in for coffee where there is a sign that says they “serve Starbucks” but as a regular patron of Starbucks, there has to be something different here. All the drinks were made from one machine with the push of a button and it all tasted like rest-stop machine coffee. I’m surprised Starbucks doesn’t monitor that a little better, but perhaps they market these machines to hotels. Next time I won’t be getting my coffee here.

I was definitely turned off at the line to check in, but I later decided that’s just part of what comes with this place. I would love to see them get a better system in place, maybe let those of use with a little more experience and fewer questions do an online check in and just pick up our keys when we arrive? Many hotels have this ability, and I can see a real need for it here.
One last thing to address: we were never pitched a timeshare. Nobody asked us anything and nobody bothered us. We had the message light flashing on the phone, but I never listened to the message. I never check messages on hotel phones though.

All in all, knowing we are going to have to wait over an hour to check in may just become part of the routine if we stay here again, but we will definitely keep it in mind next time we’re in town.

Room Tip: Definitely go for one that's been renovated.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your review, Len. We are glad to hear that your family enjoyed their stay. At Westgate, we strive to get everyone checked in as quickly as possible to avoid the lines. With just under 3,000 units on our property the check in process unfortunately, can become delayed. Our goal is to provide a personable, friendly, yet efficient check-in to each of our valued guests. We are looking in to ways of improving the efficacy of the check-in process.

448 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently took my daughter to Orlando to experience some sunshine, warm weather and theme parks. We elected to stay at this location because the unit had a small kitchen and I was able to exchange my timeshare unit into this location for the week we requested.
The unit was perfect size for two people. It was one of the nicest sleep sofas I have seen at any of my recent timeshare stays. The kitchen included a sink, microwave, and refrigerator, just enough for us to fix meals in our unit.
There are numerous pools, walking trails, biking and putt-putt golf onsite at this location. It is a huge timeshare with over 3000 units. I sat in on the "sales pitch" just to see what the other units looked like but was not too happy with high pressure sales pitch. I should have know better!
Anyway, if you are going to this location, take advantage of their activities for kids and the free shuttle to the parks.

Room Tip: Select one of villa units if you want quiet -they are only two stories high. The Westgate Town Cente...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your vacation with us and that your room was well accommodating for the two of you. We hope you will visit us again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I absolutely love westgate and always have. We stayed in the town center 1 night and they had excellent service, clean rooms, and great amenities. We then went to a different hotel (fantasy resort about 15 minutes up the road) and it was a dump. I refused to stay there for another 3 nights. I called westgate and asked if we could get our room back because it was so much nicer. The woman on the phone was amazing she let us get our room back for the same rate and it was so much better than fantasy world. Thank god for westgate!

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you so much for your positive review. We are pleased you continue to return and enjoy your stay with us here at Westgate Vacation Villas and Town Center. We appreciate all you kind compliments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thanks you again for your feedback.
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We arrived in the evening after what had been a VERY busy day for the resort. Jon Hernandez was the professional that checked us in. He was extremely knowledgable and went out of his way to ensure that we had the best room available at the time. He patiently listened to my continuous bombardment of petty requests and then carefully met each one of them. We were escorted to our room by a very nice young man named Cesar (yes that's how he spells it) who showed us where everything in our room was and how to use it. The suite was fantastic! The lit-up jacuzzi in the room was clean and looked just as it was advertised for the 1 bedroom deluxe we reserved. The king-size bed was so comfortable! The balcony was a great size and had comfy patio furniture. The lake view that Jon worked to get us was perfect, the room was very clean and stocked with all that we needed for our vacation (even wine glasses!), and the grounds were emaculate. I was very skeptical before coming to this resort because of the price, especially after reading some of the reviews online. But, there are always negative people out there who will never be pleased. As a 28 yr old Navy Sailor on vacation with his girlfriend to Disney, this was everything we could have hoped for. I wish I remembered all the individuals names who assisted us upon check-in, they were all so great and it flowed very well. From one person to the next and then we were out the door. Cesar even brought us to the onsite grocery so we could buy wine before escorting us to our room and carrying our luggage. I would absolutely reccommend this to anyone. Don't listen to the negative things some people write on here, it is a great place to stay. I've stayed at 5 star hotels on Dubai coasts and in Rome, this suite had a LOT of them absolutely trumped in quality of room, and all of them beat hands down in quality of service. * * * * *

Room Tip: Just talk to the concierge (check spelling) and i'm sure they would be happy to get you what the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for the great review on our resort and staff members. Our rooms are very spacious and provide our guests with a fully loaded kitchen. It is wonderful to hear the staff was able to meet your expectations on your requests. We pride ourselves in providing the very best services to all our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Cape Cora
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We got there around 7pm on Sat.Feb. 16.We thought the place was beautiful.I walked in to get checked in while my husband went to locate a place to park.It took over an hour to get through the line to get checked in.We spoke to two people while in line who brought everything but the room keys.I didnt understand if they could bring us the room number etc. why we needed to stay and wait to get keys.We were exhausted from our drive that morning and a full day ay Universal.We just wanted to get to our room.I have never waited that long to get my room anywhere else.We didnt even wait that long to get on any of the rides at the park.We finally got to the room,it was nice.The bed was comfortable(we slept really well once we fell asleep)The walls are thin,as we were trying to fall asleep all we could hear was a toddler screaming and crying in the room next to us.Also some complained about the towels but they were nice heavy towels and seemed fairly new and there were plenty.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We want to sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced. Our goal is to accommodate our owners/guests above and beyond their expectations, and unfortunately we failed to meet your expectations and we do apologize that this didn’t take place during your vacation. We hope you can give us another chance as we hope to make yor next vacation experience a better one.
NYCheartNYCheart
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Check in took 1 hour, but at least we got a centrally located room. Dated rooms. Pool towels were pathetic little things. Bath towel not much better. Hot tub hot only one day. Worst timeshare presentation, they would have kept us for the whole day if I didn't carry on badly after two hours.
Strict rules on bike rentals, I signed more waivers than it would take to go sky diving.
No midweek cleaning.They actually ask us to strip the beds and put the linens out before we leave.

Room Tip: Near mini golf
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We arrived well after midnight. We had paid for the week in full and our credit card had already been charged but they would only book us in for one night and told us to return to the Welcome Center the next day. After getting our breakfast and groceries, we returned to find we were locked out of our room because we had failed to report to the Welcome Center by their deadline time of 10:00 a.m. Apparently lack of sleep and the necessity to eat is not their concern. It's no fun being locked out with a trolley of melting groceries, but with no other choice we went over to the Welcome Center where we waited nearly an hour to be served due to the long waits while they sold Disney Tickets to each person. I almost laughed when it was finally my turn and they still tried to sell me Disney Tickets even though I explained we were locked out. The front desk would not help at all - they said we had to wait it out at the Welcome Center.

When we checked out they explained this lock out is their "standard procedure". I'm not even sure it's legal to lock out people who have already paid in full! Westgate needs to learn they are supposedly in the "hospitality" industry. But they haven't got a clue - they told us we could have late check out but our room keys would not work after 10:00 a.m.

On the plus side - staff was actually quite friendly, there were plenty of clean towels and the rooms were decent and the lanai was large and well screened in. There's plenty to do for kids and the Swan paddle boats are fun too. We stayed in the 5200 which was nicer than the 5000 they tried to put us in at first. The pull out bed was in such bad shape it was laughable so we upgraded to a second bedroom ($169 more) where my daughter found a chicken bone on her carpet and the other double bed in her room had not been changed. Cleanliness was okay but not pristine by a long shot.

Wheelchair accessible parking was always full. Maybe they haven't noticed that there are LOTS of disabled people visiting. Their own staff often blocked entrances with their golf carts and time share carts.

6 air conditioners were below our balcony. We found the place to be quite aggravating.

Room Tip: Check your building. Check your room. Make sure there are not 6 air conditioners under your balcony...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. We strive to provide all of our guests with a quality vacation experience and we apologize this did not occur during your vacation with us. If you would like to further discuss this matter, please do not hesitate to contact one of our management team members at 407-396-8523.

Been to Westgate Town Center? Share your experiences!