“Not for families who want to sleep” 1 of 5 stars

Westgate Town Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4000 Westgate Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #37 of 160 Hotels in Kissimmee
Revere, Massachusetts
“Not for families who want to sleep”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We arrived on Dec 28th and stayed until Jan 4th. While the unit was nice enough, the other people at the complex were not. Every night we were woken up by people partying and screaming outside of our unit. We called security several times, yet it kept happening. We came to Florida to primarily visit the theme parks and have some fun, yet we hardly got any sleep. This is not a good resort for families traveling with children or anyone who wants to go to bed early and get up early. The management told us we should expect noise since it was New Year's week! That is not acceptable to us at all. The resort is too large and I think they lower the prices just to fill the units and that attracts people who are there to just party. We will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not in a high rise building. It may be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the noise inconvenience you experienced while here at the resort. The month of December is one of our busiest seasons; however, we do not expect our guest to have to put up with any noise. Safety and security is a top priority; while our security personnel does try to keep the noise level down, we can not always get every guest to comply. We hope you will not let this incident discourage you from visiting our resort again or any other Westgate Resort. Again we thank you for your feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Westgate Town Center appears to be the latest renovation to the Central Florida Timeshare empire by Central Florida Investments. There are some new rooms and some old rooms that are in the same property description considered the Westgate Town Center. Also within a short distance are Westgate Vacation Villas and Westgate Towers. This area has quick access to the Disney Resort and park area although the roads can get crowded at times!

Check in started off great, there was a minimal line as I was the only person in line on the Saturday before Christmas. The young lady processing my reservation took about twenty minutes to get the keys released in the computer which was a little frustrating considering I was very tired after my drive. She was very apologetic and courteous though. After getting my keys there was the normal spiel about taking a tour of the property which didn't seemed to be as hard nosed as it usually is.

Our room was the 'b' side in the semi newer 5000 bldg. which is next to some shorter townhouse like units and slightly roomier than a standard hotel room with two old tube television and a DVD player in the living room. The 'kitchen' had a full sized refrigerator/freezer with an ice maker that cranked out lots of cubes. There was a full set of plates, cups, bowls and silverware. A full sized sink with a endless supply of hot water for washing dishes. The counter area was difficult for more than one person to use at a time but considering most hotel rooms don't even have this it was nice. The pull out couch was decent. The bathroom toilet, sink and counter areas was great and the tub/shower worked ok but was a little strange as it had two sets of water controls one for the shower and one for the jet tub which we didn't try out as I've seen some pretty nasty jet tubs on Westgate properties. The Queen sized bed was terrible and hard as a rock they haven't upgraded the bedding in this room as I've had decent comfortable beds at other Westgate properties. The climate control didn't really work very well as there is a cut off switch that won't let the unit run if there is a door or window open in this case it was my neighbors in the 'a' side of the unit. When we could use the climate control we were treated to the 'lovely' food smells at 11 pm from the 'a' unit who were cooking what smelled like bargain basement carp. This is a common problem I've run into at Westgate properties as the air handler uses communal air from both the 'a' and 'b' sides and at least this time my neighbors weren't smoking crack. The toiletries were plentiful and we started off with lots of towels. Usually staying at Westgate properties they do a 'service' on Wednesdays where they take out the trash, sweep, replenish supplies and towels. This didn't happen at the Westgate Town Center so I had to call. They did show up in a short time and were very nice. When I asked about the towels the lady in charge of the service group told me that they are supposed to change out towels everyday which did NOT happen for me. I did see a large cart full of clean towels by the elevator which may have been self serve. This seemed like a huge liability as anyone could have just taken the whole cart and left the property I'm sure this has happened but they still do it because the cart was changed out with a totally full on Thursday.

The resort was nice, the pools, grounds were decently maintained and there was plenty of parking. Being that this seems to be the current Westgate showplace there were plenty of employees manning the golf and other activities. On other visits to Westgate properties the bikes are broken and everyone seems like you are bothering them so that is a nice change here at the Westgate Town Center. They have two washers and two dryers in the buildings around me but roughly half of the units were working so I had to go from building to building until I found one that was working and not in use. The main lobby/check/timeshare spiel area was much larger and spread out than other Westgate properties which made it more comfortable to visit to buy tickets to parks and other things. They also have a theater that shows kids movies which I visited while waiting for my laundry to dry. The theater is a good idea and the folks on timeshare tours were told that this was for the children, the only problem is that although the seats are the reclining theater type with cup holders the theater is just a regular room with a flat floor with no grade to it. As an adult my view of the bottom quarter of the screen was blocked by the back of the chair in front of me so I imagine the 'niños' would have a very entertaining full view of the chair in front of them. Great idea Westgate but you didn't work the details out very well. The on sight market, game room, Starbucks, ice cream places were very nice hopefully they will continue staffing these areas to keep them running efficiently and nice!

Security on site seems to be a big thing but it's just in show as we had visitors who just breezed through the checkpoint without a Westgate tag. Along the road that runs between Town Center and Vacation Villas there is an unsecured gate that stays open all night that gives car access to a lit up basketball court. Not that we had any problems at the resort but it's just that you must consider this potential and keep a vigilant eye out.

Overall, staying as a Westgate owner my experience wasn't terrible nor was it fantastic. I would stay here again considering that I already am an owner and it was a relatively inexpensive vacationing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased that your stay went well. You covered our amenities and activities very well. Here at Town Center, we strive for every guest and owner to have a pleasant and enjoyable stay. We have rooms that sleep from 4 people to rooms than can sleep up to 20 people. Each of our rooms are well-equipped with anything you will need for your stay. Our resort does include (but is certainly not limited to) a Mini Golf course, Paddle Boats, a Movie Theater, and several restaurants. We want all of our guests to be very comfortable and have a fun time without having to even leave the property. As you are owners, we value and appreciate your feedback and we hope you and your family can visit again in the future as we always welcome you. Thank you again.
Howell, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We exchanged through Interval International. After receiving my room keys at the check in counter I was directed to another desk...the sales desk. I was given a Welcome Home folder and a sheet with all the upcoming activities. I told the rep I am not an owner and he informed me that I cannot access the activities on the property because I am not an owner unless I attend a presentation. Traveling with a toddler I said no. Thinking he said no b/c he wants me to go to a sales presentation, I asked the front desk and they confirmed that I could not access the full amenities because I am a guest, not an owner. Which means no access to the onsite movie theater, pool activities, paddle boats, etc. If I had known I wouldn't have picked the place!
Then there is the hot water issue. Very little hot water dribbled out of the faucets (bathroom, kitchen, and master bedroom tub). We called maintainence and they said they would come. We waited for about 2 hours and no once came. We were unable to take a real hot shower for the week we were there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while here on property. We would like to clarify that every guest has the option to use our amenities. Our Movie Theater is free of charge to every guest. Most of our activities in the Activity Center carry a fee if you are not a Westgate owner, but you are more than welcome to utilize them. Fees at the activity center range from $5.00 to $20.00, depending on the activity you choose. We want every guest to have a wonderful time and enjoy their stay. Please accept our apologies for the issue concerning your hot water. This issue most likely occurred because of the high occupancy at the resort at the time of your stay, but we will be sure to make our engineering department aware of the issue you experienced to ensure it does not happen again. We hope you can consider Westgate Resorts again, as we always welcome you.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was traveling with a friend for the holidays. Our two weeks at another Kissimmee resort were about to end and we made reservations at the Westgate Blue Tree Resort. Having never been there, I wanted to go check it out. We were unimpressed. I'd heard about Westgate Town Center and on our way back to our home resort, we were about to drive past it. I suggested we pop in and take a look. We made our way to the Town Hall and I was really impressed. I was sure I could judge the rooms by the lobby, so my friend and I booked a couple of rooms. Boy was I wrong.

First, whose bright idea was it to design the rooms so that the bedroom window faced the parking lot (like a motel) and also shared a wall with the hallway? I heard the neighbors every single time they came and went. I left a note finally asking them to not slam the doors. They were nice enough to comply. Unfortunately, they had two beagles (despite the rule of one pet per room) whose barking pierced the thin walls, one day at 7:20 in the morning. And as for the outside facing window, the parking lot noise wasn't a problem at all--it was the housekeeping and maintenance staff. My room was in the corner which is where they liked to gather, talk and laugh--loudly. They do not have inside voices. Didn't matter the time of day. One morning, someone was playing music. I know we're in mouse-land, but not everyone is up and out by 8am. I called the housekeeping office and asked them to remind their staff to not congregate outside unit windows, but that proved useless. I ended up sticking my head in the window and telling them to hush up. They don't have radios, so they also like to yell from floor to floor. I was half-tempted to put a sign in my bedroom window saying "Silencio pro favor!" I just walked next door and asked them to quiet down. There's a group of 4 sitting around the kitchen table chatting away. I left and they closed the door. Unbelievable. They are completely oblivious to the guests. They're not any quieter with the slamming doors either.

Second, the "exquisitely decorated" villa. Villa? More like exquisitely dated. And I don't know why they have leather sofas. Fortunately, they provide an extra blanket, so I draped it on the sofa. Did not care for the green metal coffee and side tables. Old TVs, no modern flat screens. Seriously, who decorated this place. Not all of the rooms look like what you see on their Web site, so buyer beware.

Third, the "fully equipped" kitchen. Not! It's more like a kitchenette. There was no oven, no garbage disposal and there was only one 1/2 drawer which was too small for the silverware tray. As a result, they kept it in a cabinet. Really? Mismatched wine glasses. Clear glass dishes in the old leaf-like pattern. No mixing bowls. The dishwasher was one of those half-sized ones and the top rack was broken. But it worked. We wanted a full kitchen in at least one room so we could save money on food, but it was such a poor excuse for a kitchen, we weren't motivated to do anything beyond re-heating leftovers in the microwave. And the studio my friend reserved was even less equipped (same decor). That was expected, though, since it was a studio. Ugliest kitchen cabinets I've ever seen. Worse than contractor grade. Maybe I'm a little too picky, but even Red Roof Inn has nicer decor and flat-screen TVs.

Fourth, the bathroom. Zero under sink storage space. Exhaust fan was useless. Wall-to-wall mirrors. How 70s is that? Appreciated the extra towels. I didn't need housekeeping all week.

Fifth, the bedroom. My main problem was the window and shared hallway wall which I discussed above. Here, too, dated decor. The wall behind the headboard was completely mirrored from one night stand to the other.

Sixth, the timeshare presentation. We agreed to attend in exchange for a low room rate. We were lucky to be able to do it together with one salesman. It was supposed to take 90 minutes, but the sales guy would not take no for an answer. It lasted 3 hours. He was a nice enough guy, but by the end, I stood up and said enough and we left. Good breakfast buffet, though not sufficient for those who have food allergies. My friend is dairy allergic and couldn't partake in most of the good stuff. Oh, and wear a face mask if you do the tour. The golf carts are not electric and you end up breathing in disgusting exhaust fumes.

The best thing about the room was the screened-in porch. Never used it, but it was nice and I liked the view. I traveled with a dog, so I had to stay on the first floor. Did not enjoy having people walk by, but there were bushes between the patio and walkway, so no one ever got close or looked in as they were walking by.

Other…Heating/cooling system frustrating. They need modern thermostats. Not sure if this is a villa or just a room. The only one-bedrooms they list on their Web site are villas. If that's the case, then where is my washer and dryer? Amenities close at 10pm. Not cool. Kids pulling fire alarms. Not sure if security ever figured out who. Refused to pay for wifi. We drove to Barnes and Noble or tethered our iPhones instead. The Web site doesn't tell you you have to pay for it. Misleading. Cable sucked. Limited channels. We had HGTV one day and then it disappeared. Wondering if it was channel 28 because whenever we turn to it, TV says it's not part of programming. Didn't understand the repeated broadcasts of shows on network TV. Did ABC really play the country Christmas special like 4 times? I'm wondering if the cable here is broadcast from some internal master control facility, like what you find on a cruise ship.

Overall, this place feels like a converted motel. It was decent enough for a week (and even that was too long), but we will never stay here again. Check-in wasn't too bad. Had to visit two different desks since I had a dog with me. My friend's welcome package was not identical to mine, but the woman at the second check-in counter was nice enough to rectify that. I love that everyone says "my pleasure" when you ask them for something or say thank you. I'm glad to be leaving, though. We lived out of our suitcases all week because this just didn't feel as homey as our last resort. We didn't want to settle in.

Room Tip: Avoid anything that has a bedroom window facing the street side or a wall shared with the hallway if...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. Guest satisfaction is our main concern, and we are sorry that we failed you during your stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced. We have taken note of each one of the issues that you mentioned and will address them directly with resort management and their key personnel. We view all feedback as an opportunity for improvement and thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future, as we look forward to meeting and exceeding your vacation expectations.
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

As aways our stay at Westgate resorts has been good. A good place to unwind and reflect on the past year with family and enjoy the Holidays. We stayed in the newest building(4000). Full kitchen,nice big bedroom with 42" flat screen, Jacuzzi,nice shower, Washer dryer, big screened in balcony with table

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you very much for your review and for staying with us once again. We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed the holidays during your stay here. Our grand one-bedrooms are very spacious and can sleep up to a family of four. It does include, as you mentioned, a large bedroom that includes a full size jacuzzi in the bathroom, a full size kitchen and screened in balcony, along with plenty of living space. We hope you can visit again in the future as we always welcome you and your family. Thank you again for your feedback.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I am a longtime westgate property owner and I must say that Grace Rodriguez, Jessica Ortiz and Miriam Dominguez displayed the best in class attitude in caring for their customer. Each of them went the extra mile in getting us checked into a room that felt most relaxing for me and my husband. Their smiles, willingness and speech gave me the ipression that my choosing Westgate was appreciated and welcomed. My stay was great! Bravo Ladies!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your compliment on our front desk agents. Here at Town Center, we strive for nothing shy of perfect customer service and it was our pleasure to assist you and your family. We will make sure that the front desk management gives recognition to these agents. Again, we thank you for your feedback and we hope you can visit again in the future as we will always welcome you your Westgate home.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We were there on a 4 day 3 night $99 stay, even though we are owners. We were placed in a unit that was not good at first. We called the desk and we were assisted to another unit by a young man, Manolo Nunez, who took very good care of us and saw to it that we received the best unit possible. We stayed in a suite with a full kitchen, washer and dryer and a jacuzzi tub in the very large bedroom.
We were there to relax and we did just that. Everyone was very helpful and polite. There was no need to leave the resort while we were there.

Room Tip: Let them know if you do not want the first floor. Some units have patios facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay. Here at Westgate Town Center, we strive for nothing less than perfect customer service and it was our pleasure to accommodate you and your family with a room that met, and hopefully exceeded, your expectations. All of our bell services staff wants to affirm that you and your family feel at home and we appreciate you complimenting one of those agents. Thank you again for your review we look forward to being able to assisting you again during your next visit.

Been to Westgate Town Center? Share your experiences!