“No hot water & can't use full amenities unless you are an owner” 2 of 5 stars

Westgate Town Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4000 Westgate Boulevard, Kissimmee, FL 34747   |
Ranked #41 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Howell, New Jersey
“No hot water & can't use full amenities unless you are an owner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We exchanged through Interval International. After receiving my room keys at the check in counter I was directed to another desk...the sales desk. I was given a Welcome Home folder and a sheet with all the upcoming activities. I told the rep I am not an owner and he informed me that I cannot access the activities on the property because I am not an owner unless I attend a presentation. Traveling with a toddler I said no. Thinking he said no b/c he wants me to go to a sales presentation, I asked the front desk and they confirmed that I could not access the full amenities because I am a guest, not an owner. Which means no access to the onsite movie theater, pool activities, paddle boats, etc. If I had known I wouldn't have picked the place!
Then there is the hot water issue. Very little hot water dribbled out of the faucets (bathroom, kitchen, and master bedroom tub). We called maintainence and they said they would come. We waited for about 2 hours and no once came. We were unable to take a real hot shower for the week we were there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while here on property. We would like to clarify that every guest has the option to use our amenities. Our Movie Theater is free of charge to every guest. Most of our activities in the Activity Center carry a fee if you are not a Westgate owner, but you are more than welcome to utilize them. Fees at the activity center range from $5.00 to $20.00, depending on the activity you choose. We want every guest to have a wonderful time and enjoy their stay. Please accept our apologies for the issue concerning your hot water. This issue most likely occurred because of the high occupancy at the resort at the time of your stay, but we will be sure to make our engineering department aware of the issue you experienced to ensure it does not happen again. We hope you can consider Westgate Resorts again, as we always welcome you.

443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was traveling with a friend for the holidays. Our two weeks at another Kissimmee resort were about to end and we made reservations at the Westgate Blue Tree Resort. Having never been there, I wanted to go check it out. We were unimpressed. I'd heard about Westgate Town Center and on our way back to our home resort, we were about to drive past it. I suggested we pop in and take a look. We made our way to the Town Hall and I was really impressed. I was sure I could judge the rooms by the lobby, so my friend and I booked a couple of rooms. Boy was I wrong.

First, whose bright idea was it to design the rooms so that the bedroom window faced the parking lot (like a motel) and also shared a wall with the hallway? I heard the neighbors every single time they came and went. I left a note finally asking them to not slam the doors. They were nice enough to comply. Unfortunately, they had two beagles (despite the rule of one pet per room) whose barking pierced the thin walls, one day at 7:20 in the morning. And as for the outside facing window, the parking lot noise wasn't a problem at all--it was the housekeeping and maintenance staff. My room was in the corner which is where they liked to gather, talk and laugh--loudly. They do not have inside voices. Didn't matter the time of day. One morning, someone was playing music. I know we're in mouse-land, but not everyone is up and out by 8am. I called the housekeeping office and asked them to remind their staff to not congregate outside unit windows, but that proved useless. I ended up sticking my head in the window and telling them to hush up. They don't have radios, so they also like to yell from floor to floor. I was half-tempted to put a sign in my bedroom window saying "Silencio pro favor!" I just walked next door and asked them to quiet down. There's a group of 4 sitting around the kitchen table chatting away. I left and they closed the door. Unbelievable. They are completely oblivious to the guests. They're not any quieter with the slamming doors either.

Second, the "exquisitely decorated" villa. Villa? More like exquisitely dated. And I don't know why they have leather sofas. Fortunately, they provide an extra blanket, so I draped it on the sofa. Did not care for the green metal coffee and side tables. Old TVs, no modern flat screens. Seriously, who decorated this place. Not all of the rooms look like what you see on their Web site, so buyer beware.

Third, the "fully equipped" kitchen. Not! It's more like a kitchenette. There was no oven, no garbage disposal and there was only one 1/2 drawer which was too small for the silverware tray. As a result, they kept it in a cabinet. Really? Mismatched wine glasses. Clear glass dishes in the old leaf-like pattern. No mixing bowls. The dishwasher was one of those half-sized ones and the top rack was broken. But it worked. We wanted a full kitchen in at least one room so we could save money on food, but it was such a poor excuse for a kitchen, we weren't motivated to do anything beyond re-heating leftovers in the microwave. And the studio my friend reserved was even less equipped (same decor). That was expected, though, since it was a studio. Ugliest kitchen cabinets I've ever seen. Worse than contractor grade. Maybe I'm a little too picky, but even Red Roof Inn has nicer decor and flat-screen TVs.

Fourth, the bathroom. Zero under sink storage space. Exhaust fan was useless. Wall-to-wall mirrors. How 70s is that? Appreciated the extra towels. I didn't need housekeeping all week.

Fifth, the bedroom. My main problem was the window and shared hallway wall which I discussed above. Here, too, dated decor. The wall behind the headboard was completely mirrored from one night stand to the other.

Sixth, the timeshare presentation. We agreed to attend in exchange for a low room rate. We were lucky to be able to do it together with one salesman. It was supposed to take 90 minutes, but the sales guy would not take no for an answer. It lasted 3 hours. He was a nice enough guy, but by the end, I stood up and said enough and we left. Good breakfast buffet, though not sufficient for those who have food allergies. My friend is dairy allergic and couldn't partake in most of the good stuff. Oh, and wear a face mask if you do the tour. The golf carts are not electric and you end up breathing in disgusting exhaust fumes.

The best thing about the room was the screened-in porch. Never used it, but it was nice and I liked the view. I traveled with a dog, so I had to stay on the first floor. Did not enjoy having people walk by, but there were bushes between the patio and walkway, so no one ever got close or looked in as they were walking by.

Other…Heating/cooling system frustrating. They need modern thermostats. Not sure if this is a villa or just a room. The only one-bedrooms they list on their Web site are villas. If that's the case, then where is my washer and dryer? Amenities close at 10pm. Not cool. Kids pulling fire alarms. Not sure if security ever figured out who. Refused to pay for wifi. We drove to Barnes and Noble or tethered our iPhones instead. The Web site doesn't tell you you have to pay for it. Misleading. Cable sucked. Limited channels. We had HGTV one day and then it disappeared. Wondering if it was channel 28 because whenever we turn to it, TV says it's not part of programming. Didn't understand the repeated broadcasts of shows on network TV. Did ABC really play the country Christmas special like 4 times? I'm wondering if the cable here is broadcast from some internal master control facility, like what you find on a cruise ship.

Overall, this place feels like a converted motel. It was decent enough for a week (and even that was too long), but we will never stay here again. Check-in wasn't too bad. Had to visit two different desks since I had a dog with me. My friend's welcome package was not identical to mine, but the woman at the second check-in counter was nice enough to rectify that. I love that everyone says "my pleasure" when you ask them for something or say thank you. I'm glad to be leaving, though. We lived out of our suitcases all week because this just didn't feel as homey as our last resort. We didn't want to settle in.

Room Tip: Avoid anything that has a bedroom window facing the street side or a wall shared with the hallway if...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. Guest satisfaction is our main concern, and we are sorry that we failed you during your stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced. We have taken note of each one of the issues that you mentioned and will address them directly with resort management and their key personnel. We view all feedback as an opportunity for improvement and thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future, as we look forward to meeting and exceeding your vacation expectations.
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

As aways our stay at Westgate resorts has been good. A good place to unwind and reflect on the past year with family and enjoy the Holidays. We stayed in the newest building(4000). Full kitchen,nice big bedroom with 42" flat screen, Jacuzzi,nice shower, Washer dryer, big screened in balcony with table

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you very much for your review and for staying with us once again. We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed the holidays during your stay here. Our grand one-bedrooms are very spacious and can sleep up to a family of four. It does include, as you mentioned, a large bedroom that includes a full size jacuzzi in the bathroom, a full size kitchen and screened in balcony, along with plenty of living space. We hope you can visit again in the future as we always welcome you and your family. Thank you again for your feedback.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I am a longtime westgate property owner and I must say that Grace Rodriguez, Jessica Ortiz and Miriam Dominguez displayed the best in class attitude in caring for their customer. Each of them went the extra mile in getting us checked into a room that felt most relaxing for me and my husband. Their smiles, willingness and speech gave me the ipression that my choosing Westgate was appreciated and welcomed. My stay was great! Bravo Ladies!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your compliment on our front desk agents. Here at Town Center, we strive for nothing shy of perfect customer service and it was our pleasure to assist you and your family. We will make sure that the front desk management gives recognition to these agents. Again, we thank you for your feedback and we hope you can visit again in the future as we will always welcome you your Westgate home.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We were there on a 4 day 3 night $99 stay, even though we are owners. We were placed in a unit that was not good at first. We called the desk and we were assisted to another unit by a young man, Manolo Nunez, who took very good care of us and saw to it that we received the best unit possible. We stayed in a suite with a full kitchen, washer and dryer and a jacuzzi tub in the very large bedroom.
We were there to relax and we did just that. Everyone was very helpful and polite. There was no need to leave the resort while we were there.

Room Tip: Let them know if you do not want the first floor. Some units have patios facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are extremely pleased you enjoyed your stay. Here at Westgate Town Center, we strive for nothing less than perfect customer service and it was our pleasure to accommodate you and your family with a room that met, and hopefully exceeded, your expectations. All of our bell services staff wants to affirm that you and your family feel at home and we appreciate you complimenting one of those agents. Thank you again for your review we look forward to being able to assisting you again during your next visit.
NH/MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here from Thanksgiving until the following Thursday, it was fantastic. We had a kitchen, our own room, laundry, etc... and the best thing is that the property is less than 15 minutes from all the parks! We were not bothered at all by sales people and had a great time at the pool the one day we were there with our bartender Eddie, he rocked. The bad thing was that the clouds forced us to leave the pool:( The take out places that they leave in the room all were terrific, would for sure go back!

Room Tip: The whole place is great, it's huge so it doesn't matter where you stay.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Town Center, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you very much for your positive review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We will be sure to let the manager in charge of the poolside bar know of your server's, Eddie, excellence. Hopefully the next time you visit Florida will provide better weather for you. We thank you again for feedback and we look forward to seeing you again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We had a great experience at Westgate Town Center. My wife booked this through Westgate in order to get a discount on the room and Disney tickets. We were aware we would have to set through a timeshare presentation. I read lots of reviews after we booked and became a little worried. I read that check-in took on average an hour for most reviews, timeshare presantation took several hours instead of 90 minutes, hidden fees and that service was terrible if you declined to purchase a timeshare. Those reviews were enough to make anyone think they had made a mistake.

We had a great experience the entire stay. We were there for 4 days and 3 nights. We were told when we booked that we would have to pay $249.00 for the 3 nights and for two single day base tickets to Disney. We were also told that we would have to pay tax when we arrived and put up a $50.00 deposit that would be refunded at departure. When we arrived to check-in it was just as they said. We paid $13.00 in tax and a $50 hold was placed on our credit card. We were given our Disney tickets, room keys and resort map. They told us to call the welcome center later to comfirm our presantation time. The entire check-in process took less than 15 minutes.

We stayed in a studio apartment in building 5500. It had a separate bedroom with flat panel tv, a large jacuzzi tub, a small kitchen and living room witb another flat panel tv and a screened in balcony with a view of Disney World. By the way this resort is about a mile from the main gate to Disney. The room was very cleaned and sticked with everything you would expect. The room was cleaned and new towels, soap, shampoo, etc was provided everyday.

We went to Disney the next morning and stayed until around 10:30 that night.

The next morning we slept in. We woke and went to the wlcome center at 10:30am for the free breakfast ans timeshare presentation. I will admit that the presantation tool longer than 90 minutes but that was mainly my fault because we we interested and ask several questions. We actually offered to purchase if they would come down to the price I wanted for the type room I wanted. They told me they could not give me what I wanted for that price but had something smaller with less time. I said no thanks and they shook my hand and said thanks for our time and they hoped we enjoyed they rest of our stay.

I figured at this point service would turn terrible per the previous reviews and that we wiuld never get our $50 deposit back. This was certainly not the case. We were able to spend the rest of the day enjoying the ammenities at the resort. When we returned to our room it was clean and restocked just a previous days.

The next day we went to check-out and make sure the $50 hold on our card was released. This took less than 5 minutes and the $50 hold was released.

As stated in the title we were Pleasantly Surprised. We wer able to enjoy 3 nights in a nice room and get 2 Disney tickets for a total of about $262.00. Disney tickets for one day through Disney are $88 each plus tax. So that would have cost us around $185 for two. That means we only had to spend $77 for 3 nights at this resort. That seems like a pretty good deal to me since that is less than $26 per night.

Overall we enjoyed everything and all was as explained during the booking process. If you have time to go to a timeshare presantation than this is a great deal. Like I said the presantation took longer because I ask a lot questions and had them show me every room type plus the villas. I could have said no and left at any point after the 90 minutes as they said.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We try to accommodate every guest with a room that will best fit for their needs, and we are glad that you enjoyed your one-bedroom that included flat screen TVs, a jacuzzi, and balcony. Our staff is there to provide you with nothing less than extraordinary service. We hope that you enjoyed so much that you will come back and make Westgate Town Center your home away from home.

Been to Westgate Town Center? Share your experiences!