“Clean and affordable hotel close to Disney World Parks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Continental Plaza Hotel

Save Saved
You added Continental Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Continental Plaza Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7785 West US Highway 192, Kissimmee, FL 34747 (Walt Disney World Resort)   |
Ranked #70 of 157 hotels in Kissimmee
Venice, Florida
“Clean and affordable hotel close to Disney World Parks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

Check in went very smooth. I paid $25.00/night after a good deal I found on Hotels.com!!! The parking lot was clean, the location of the hotel was GREAT (right next to many restaraunts, souvenier shops, and within 5 minutes to the Disnet World Parks). When we got to our room, we were suprised to see they upgraded us to a room with a kitchenette. This included a two burner stove, a small microwave, and a mini-fridge.

The room was very clean, and the decor was current (unlike the 80's look most cheaper hotels have). The pillows were very comfortable, but the bed was a little hard for my liking. Upon entering our room we checked for bed-bugs (God forbid!), and the mattresses were as clean as could be. The air conditioner worked great, the shower water was hot and had decent pressure, and they provided shampoo and mini bar soaps. There was also a hair-dryer mounted on the wall.

My only complaint would be the continental breakfast. It WAS free, and we DID pay $25.00 per night, so I can't complain too much. They offered Frosted Flakes, and Wheat Bread (with a toaster) as our choices. There was coffee and the condiments that go with. We choose to eat elsewhere, as we wanted to be fueled up for our day long trip to Magic Kingdom.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

689 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

I'm a single girl aged 28. I decided to get away from it all in the UK and travelled alone to Orlando, staying in this hotel for 10 nights. I had an amazing time! I had a fantastic room with a kitchenette paying only £15/night (booked through an English travel agent). The reception staff, housekeeping and ticket agents were the best! They made me feel very welcome and more to the point I felt safe. I left yesterday and wish I could have stayed longer! WELL WORTH the money and I will be staying there again as soon as I can get the time off work. (I'm hoping next month- it was that good!) If you're not happy with something, say so-they will sort it. Fantastic location wit restaurants, gift shops etc all within walking distance of the hotel (I did the whole thing on foot as I don't drive). The shuttle was rarely late and if you want to go home a bit earlier from the parks, ask for a taxi from Animal Kingdom which will cost about 12 dollars. (Tell driver to take the Sherbeth Road short cut) Breakfast is fine for a few pieces of toast and orange juice- if you want an all-you-can-eat buffet there's a Sizzler and Ponderosa across the road about 10mins away on foot. I was so happy with my stay I wrote the hotel manager a note saying thank you. I cannot wait to return!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Stevensville, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I originally thought not too bad.... boy was I wrong. I had to keep the bathroom door closed at night, there were noises coming from the fan even when it wasn't on. The bedding was torn and my feet kept getting caught in the holes. I went down to get some ice and found I needed to return to the room to obtain a quarter... ice was not free. The pool was not user friendly... the bugs carried you away. If you want to watch tv... forget it. There were maybe six channels available... The best part was on the way home, I found a creepy crawly thing in my purse. It was sooo much fun going thru everything I had taken outside my home before entering with my belongings. Won't stay there again! Be warned, I needed the internet for my school work, you must go to the lobby it is not available in the rooms. The refrigerator froze everything. The microwave took 6 min. to reheat a slice of pizza...

Room Tip: You get what you pay for! This was no bargain!!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Somerset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

2nd visit to this hotel. Paid £14 a room for 2adults and 1 child to stay which is crazy price. Room spacaious and clean. Pool ok with towels and place to sit. Free breakfast was rubbish this visit went once had nothing and did not return (2 cerals and toast). The location is good with some nice places to eat neaby. Also supermarket across road for all your needs. Hotel shop a rip off. For what we paid I would return to this hotel again and again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

stayed in this hotel from april 19 to april 25 - check in is at 3pm and check out is at 11am, our flight wasnt until 7pm so they let us late check out at 12pm, if you ask them they may allow you to put your luggage in their office behind the counter until you leave for the airport.

shuttle service - i dont know what people complained about the free shuttle service being late all the time, we used the shuttle service 4 times going to disney park and 3 times coming back and only one time was it late (it was approx 30 minutes late). Its approx 10-15 minute drive to epcot. We're the last hotel it picks up from so thats nice, and picking us up we're the first hotel drop off so that's great too. Bus going to magic kingdom comes to hotel at 8am, pick up 8:45pm and 10:15pm; to epcot at 12:50pm, pick up 10:05pm; sea world 9:20pm, i dont remember pick up time.

One time we missed the shuttle and had to pay over $30 for taxi from magic kingdom to hotel so the free shuttle is a very nice complimentary offer for the hotel.

Breakfast is served from 6:30 to 9:30am and its complimentary - its nothing wow but it gets you through the day. Its in the lobby and it consists of orange juice, milk, tea, coffee, little packs of jam, toast and corn flakes. There is microwave and toaster in the lobby you can use.

Our room had two double beds, phone, we ordered playpen for our 1 year old, we put the 2 beds together to make one huge bed for us and our 3 year old, tv with 26 channels, drawers, table, chairs, safe (extra charge), hair dryer, iron,. We got lucky and got the room with microwave, stove, and fridge/sink. We used the microwave to warm up left over pizza for late night snacks, the fridge was good to keep drinks cold.

There is an elevator, swimming pool and free internet in the lobby. Internet was pretty good we were able to check our emails and upload pictures to facebook with no probs.

Reception is really friendly and kind.

location is the BEST - is walking distance to lots of fast food and restaurant. right outside the hotel is Golden China, its a buffet, due to the high number of bad reviews for this restaurant we didnt even try it. Across the street is Giordano's pizza (you can get $25 gift certificates for $2-$5; and $10 gift certificates for $1-$2.50 from restaurant.com). Walking distance to Walgreens, market grocery place, dennys, wendys, macdonalds, indian cuisine, LOTS of souvenir stores, they all have the same thing at the same price but its nice to look around.

Cici pizza is right outside the hotel, its the best, i really liked it, its $5.99/adult and theres coupons inside the continental plaza hotel that gives you one adult 1/2 price with 2nd paying adult plus 2 drinks, so for 2 adults $11.54 all you can eat pizza, salad, dessert, soup, pasta. They had 2 types of soup, 1 type of pasta, they had 8-10 different types of pizza (veggie, cheese, meat, pepperoni, mac$cheese, alfredo, ground beef, chicken, etc). Salad and dessert (apple crisp, banana cream pie, or brownies) - very delicious very good, You can also order 3 medium pizzas for $9.99. Which was perfect because we would order these pizzas and take one of the boxes to Disneyworld and eat it there for lunch/snacks.

I would stay at this hotel again, its very clean, the cleaning lady is very friendly, reception is nice, hotel location is great, and its very affordable and nice good budget hotel. Nothing fancy but great if you're going to disneyworld.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
nb.canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

3 times to this 2 star hotel,it meet my needs but metro shuttle service should be terminated,they were 1.5 hours late and desk could not get a hold of them.breakfast was
not much but ok for on the run.my room next to office so had good internet.only paid about 30.00 per night so very low cost.pool was clean on this trip.close to shops and restraunts.so i will stay again .

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

I was worried about my stay at this motel after reading reviews. Once I arrived though I was more than happy with my choice of accomodations. I knew it was a budget hotel and was only expecting that. It was simple, great location. The shuttle service (free) was on time (give or take 10 mins) to the theme parks. Breakfast is only toast, 2 choices of cereal, jam, ornage juice & coffee. I was perfectly content with the selection. I 'm not a huge eater so I did'nt need a nasty greasy morning breakfast. The orange juiced was bad & watered down, but I only drank coffee which was good. I was unable to purchase base theme park tix at the hotel so I did so at the park itself. My room was 231 it was always clean, shower worked fine, lots of hot water, no bugs, everything worked. The room was supplied with a iron & board, soaps & shampoos, plenty of towels which were replenished every day. plastic cups, ice bucket. For me this was the perfect budget hotel with no perks. I would definietly stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Continental Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!